Cowheard's AFC EAST predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 9, 2012.

1. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

LOL nobody said anything about who ESPN roots for, but their all about $$$ obviously they are always going to hop on the hot story and in recent memory all 3 Boston teams have been relevant.

Im just saying if you actually listen to Cowherd he has said some decent shit about the Jets specifically on their playoff runs, hes allowed to have a favorite team and yeah he hangs off Brady's sack a lil much but in all seriousness its well deserved, NE has proven to be a superior organization over the past decade you cannot argue facts.

Can you honestly tell me that the Jets have been better than NE? Can you tell me that you think that the Jets will finish 13-3? Its just a different culture, we still hang our hats on Vinny T and our 12-4 season, when NE is consistently winning 12+ games a season.

EDIT: I think Cowherds comments about Tebow and the Jets going 7-9 is complete garbage. But I do have concerns about our locker room....especially if we get off to a slow start.

#21 gizmo253, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Terrible. Fuck Coward. He's one of those same stupid clowns that thinks Tebow's presence alone is somehow going to make us have a worse season. Coward is the worst kind of stupid. He pretty much just takes everyone else's opinions and run with it. At least give a REAL football related reason if you're going to trash us.

#22 Barcs, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Or Tebow comes in...fits in with his role perfectly -- like Brad Smith only more options....red zone they become even stronger than last year with Hill at WR and the Tebow threat in the backfield with Sanchez...they win their first two games and locker room unity is restored.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Funny how nearly everyone but a large percentage of the homers here think Tebow will be a net negative. I sure think he will be. But I don't limit it to that.

First of all, remember that the Jets finished the season losing five of their last eight. They got worse as the season went on. That's right, despite the fiasco against the Ravens, playing without Mangold, finding out that Mason was not going to contribute dick, and Sanchez having to start the season without Edwards, they actually did much better in the first half than the second. So there is that.

Second, LT will not be back, is too old as it is, and Greene is not capable of carrying the rushing load. The Jets have basically no one to help Greene, and the Jets gained a measly 3.8 ypc last year. Now they say they are going to run it more. How will that miraculously mean that the ypc number goes up significantly? In short, the running game will likely be mediocre again.

Third is the D. Pace, Thomas, Scott are all a year older, Thomas coming off an injury. Maybin is not an every down LB and Harris looked average in pass coverage of TE's last year. Davis adds youth and speed, but enough to counter the trend here? The linebackers as a group are slow, and Davis's addition does not really change that fundamentally. At safety Landry is an upgrade but also fragile. Overall, the main move on D has been the Coples pick. He is the one possibility to really see an improvement in this team, but that's a lot hanging on one rookie. Still, the D should be again around a fifth ranked D, but that will not be enough, again, to make up for the lack of points the O scores.

Fourth, the locker room issues are not limited to Tebow. We already know that to at least some extent and by his own admission Ryan lost the sense of what was going on with the team. It's all well and good to hope that is behind them, but I don't know how you count on that being the case. How does Ryan get it back? Something tells me replacing Schotty and Cally with Sparano is no magic elixer.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As for the rest of the division...

I expect the Pats to repeat unless Brady gets hurt. I wouldn't bet on 13 wins, however. They may not even draw a bye (Texas looks awesome, and the Steelers and Ravens have as much chance of getting a bye as NE).

Miami. I don't see only 3 wins for them. They will miss Marshall, but Moore showed he can play last year. I don't know what their D will look like on opening day, either. Hard to say at this point.

Buffalo almost certainly will play better than they finished las year with the addition of Williams. I agree their drafts have been good. Much will depend on Fitzpatrick, though. A winning season is certainly a real possiblity.

At this point i see the Jets hoping to stay with Buffalo and ahead of the fish.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Let the haters hate.
    Just win baby!

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Cowheard is a cow fucker.

8. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Because he said the Jets will go 7-9?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It feels like 09 all over again. No one is expecting us to do good. I think we are going to come out strong and not get pushed around like we did last year.

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

back where you and all the other chowd trolls belong

This message is hidden because PatsFanTX is on your ignore list.

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

No, because he fucks cows.

12. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I like Colin a lot -- he's a funny guy and he knows what he is talking about. That being said, he is clearly a Pats fan (as he always says on Sports Nation). In fact, he's really just a winners picker (he's a huge Heat fan as well)

... I'm not sure how great it is for a sports analyst to be a die-hard fan of certain teams; it clearly influences Colin's analysis.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: You beat me to it!

14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Someone needs to create a sticky thread that contains all the pre-season AFCE and draft predictions.

Then I'll e-mail the entire thread to "NFL Analyst Bucky Brooks" with 3oz of ricin and a cat turd.

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the jets ended the season with a big rift and i haven't seen enough to think that cowherds predictions are bad. fact is, the jets were a bad team last year and just because some players are saying all is well doesn't mean the bad blood with the cancer reciever is over with. players named him a cancer and none have backed off from anything i've read.

the offense was badlast year, real bad. the defense was a winning defense if the offense carried it's end of the log, but it didn't. all and all, the jets shouldn't be rated all that high, so they've been rated to be basically where they showed us they were last year, until they show otherwise!

16. Bad teams don't barely miss the playoffs. Bad teams don't finish 8-8. Bad teams don't have 3 pro bowlers on their O-line. Mediocre? I can buy that? But a bad team? Go watch the 1994-96 Jet team highlight videos.

17. Harrier Manc-Jet

Same old same old! Pats can do no wrong and the jets are doomed.

Fuckin bored of these so called experts.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

JUST WHO CARES???? WHY??????????????????????

Don't you have enough stuff to upset yourself? Just ignore. That's all it takes.

Damn! Just what's with these people?

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Because he wants Tom Brady inside him, and Belichecks dick in or around his mouth.

I think its pretty obvious that he is in absolute LOVE with the Pats

Which is why they try to balance him out on sportsnation with that chick who loves Rex Ryan

20. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Big fan of Colin, aside from his blatant Pats homerism. I think he's one of the most honest and knowledgeable sports talk guys around, but he has never been a big fan of ganggreen. Take these rankings with a grain of salt, obviously. At least we have Beadle on our side ;) never hurts to have a dime piece wearing green and white.