Cowheard's AFC EAST predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 9, 2012.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good old Colin Cowheard of ESPN made the following proclamation on the radio, and for those of you who know his style he damn near guaranteed the results. I will paraphrase his comments. I am amazed as to how negative he is on the Jets.
    NE - 13-3 much improved on both sides of the ball. Nothing but roses as you would expect from a Patriots homer
    Buffalo. -9-7 great draft over the last 3 years will pay off. Young, talented team
    NYJ - 7-9, lockeroom issues and the Tebow factor will severely impact the Jets performance.
    Miami 3-13, long way to go but on the right track

I enjoy when they don't give us a chance. I think we will surprise a few experts and finish strong at 10-6. Something also tells me that we will give the Pats fits this year both defensively and offensively. In Tony we trust to fix our OL and offensive game plan that WILL PLAY TO OUR QB STRENGHT and not over complicate it to the point of total confusion before every play.

Can't wait
    Your thoughts

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

fuck cowherd

that is all

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

shocker....this huy is a total BLOWHARD...Colin BLOWHERD!

4. Gotta love the media's obsession with making a Tebow an issue.Literally a back-up QB/Athlete. Nothing more. Such a joke.

5. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Why?

Because he accurately predicted the outcome of the AFCE?

6. Gee..I wonder why you think it's so accurate. Give me a break.

7. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

You may hate Cohwerd because of his radio personality but he is actually a pretty knowledgeable guy. Calling him a Homer is silly, were all homers if you dont think predicting NE at 13-3 is reasonable. I mean they only have dominated the AFC East for the past decade....with that said fuck the pats.

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

christ, I would argue the Pats LACK OF A BACK-UP to be a bigger issue than TEBOW. Has BLOWHERD every pciked the jets for anything positieve? there is your answer, he is Bias, just like you and I; moot point. THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Just about everyone on ESPN roots for the Sox, Pats, Celtics and Bruins..if you haven't noticed that you are blind and that accurately represents what a homer is.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that the changes the Bills made were much more measurable than the ones that we made. They brought in Mario Williams, got some good draft picks, etc. That's tangible, that's easy to see. Our biggest change is that we got rid of Schotty and now have a completely different system being put in place, furthermore they have taken some action to correct the locker room issues (or so we've been told) and our draft picks and signings fly a bit more under the radar but solve a number of our problems (i.e. pass rush, safety, receiving, etc.) but in a more subtle way.

Plus people keep saying Tebow is a negative thing, sure there is the possibility of distraction, but we have a better backup QB than we did last year. That's a plus. Hell, you could argue based on what he did last season that Tebow is better than the starters on some teams (no, not Sanchez...shut up with that crap).

Will the Bills win more than the 6 games they won last year? Maybe, probably even. But are we going to lose more games because there were locker room issues at the tail end of last season and because we brought in a backup QB? How does that make any sense? The only way we'll finish worse than we did last year is if our new offense coordinator sucks worse than Schotty or we sustain injuries to key players.

I could see us going 10-6 but not much better than that. We're going to need to be really strong within our division. If we can get at least 4 wins divisionally (say phins twice, bills once, pats once) if not five, I think we can make the playoffs because we should beat teams like the Jags, Colts, Rams and maybe Cards. You never know I guess, anything can happen but I can't see us going to 7-9.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I could see the Jets going 7-9 but the reasons listed are not good ones. You have so much to pick from and you go Tebow and locker room as the reasons? Nope. There are so many good arguments that opposing fans have made on here that could lead to the Jets going 7-9, the Tebow answer is a troll answer which I guess is what Cowherd is.

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

Cowturd-- the PatsfanTX of sports radio broadcasting right down to having his head firmly attached to Belicheat's sphincter

13. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Actually, I think he underestimated the Pats win total in the AFCE.

14. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I bet his hate for Tebow is the driver in this. He's very open about not liking him.

15. Really? What happend week 1 directly following the last time the Patriots lost in the super bowl to the Giants?

Have you forgotten about that little notion regarding losing teams in the super bowl's follow up season?

I guess thOSE are all disposable notions that patty cake homers like yourself & the media completely shun.

16. RCP29

RCP29 New Member

The Jets season is going to be determined by their ability to stop the Patriots' tight ends, i.e. the Landry signing and the Davis pick, and how Tony Sparano's run-first offense fares against a league that is increasingly tailored to stopping the pass.

If Brick does his job, Mario Williams will be a non-issue for the Jets because everything will be on the ground and play-action, which is the best way to neutralize any pass rush.

Even if the Jets drop two against the Pats again this year, I still think they are a better team than the Bills and Dolphins. Remember, Philly won the offseason last year and it took them a long time to put it all together. 10-11 wins, especially with eight games against the NFC West and AFC South, is a perfectly reasonable assumption. Unfortunately, the Patriots get to play that same schedule.

Still, Tim Tebow will probably have as big an impact on the Jets season (barring an injury to Sanchez) as Brad Smith had for the Bills last year.

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I could see the Bills winning 11 games or also only winning 6. I really dont know what to expect.

18. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Mario Williams is one of the best DE/OLB's linning up on either the right or the left side.

Do you seriously think he'll line up over DBrick when he can line up across Turnstile Hunter?

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

First, Mario is a LE, not a RE, so he'll get to play the worst RT in the league when we face the Jets.

Also, Brad Smith had virtually no impact on the Bills last year. There were basically no kickoff returns because of the new rules, we almost never ran the wildcat, and the only play as a WR I remember him making was the TD against the Jets.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he lines up on the left he will probably have Tebow cutting him down on every play.