How many more QBs should the Jets sign?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by reverseapachemaster, May 6, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That makes no sense. If McElroy's fate is already sealed, why are the Jets bringing him to camp and still have him under contract?

What McElroy said was both true and no worse than what several others said. If he plays better than any alternative in camp, he will stay.

2. jlee499

jlee499 Member

:up: Agree whole-heartedly... :up:

3. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I dont think its right to penalize the one guy who had the balls to put his name on his comments....just saying.

In regards to the OP, I am no opposed to signing undrafted QBs, but I do disagree when you waste picks on a guy just because hes the "best available". Its mind boggling how someone like Asante Samuels can be traded for a 6th round pick, and with that same pick teams will go out and draft no name DIII QBs. I just think 6-7th LB's and DBs have a much higher success rate than 6th-7th round QBs (Sans Brady).

4. All the Jets are doing is creating competition. They've done the same thing at WR, DL,OL,LB,RB,TE,K, & DBs. Mcelroy is surely the favorite..but what's wrong w/ forcing individuals to perform to keep their job?

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

McElroy's fate is sealed to being the third of the three quarterbacks on the Jet roster in 2012

the other guys are here to distribute the ball during OTAs and TC to the large number of WRs and RBs who will be on the Cortland 90 man roster until the late August cuts

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As much as I like McElroy, the team has to be somewhat concerned that he can come back from his injury.

Since Tebow is not a real backup Qb, I can't think of a year other than the year the FO inexplicably brought in an even more fragile Fiedler to back up the fragile Pennington that the third Qb looked to have more importance than this year. Hunter still starting at RT and Tebow being such a joke unfortunately means we may not as much as we saw of Brooks Bollinger, but more than we did of what's his name last year.