Great Times Article on Demario Davis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rhodes Scholar, May 5, 2012.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Oh really? Because the Bills pounded the Jets in 18 out of 21 games played from '87-97'.

Further, some would say that for the Bills, this last decade has been the worst in the franchise's history. Yet, since 2000, the Bills have beat the Jets 9 times while the Jets won 15 times. You make it sound as if the Jets are so great and the Bills are so terrible. Yet that discrepancy isn't even that large. The Bills still beat you 9 times vs. 15 for the Jets, during our worst years and some of your best years. What does that say about the Jets?

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

You seriously have to get over yourself. Like holy shit man, you are on a Jets forum. WTF do you expect? You act like your franchise is dominant, which it isnt at all. All of you Bills fans wouldnt have said shit if it wasnt for your team showing a small glimpse of hope, followed by yet again, a disastrous ending.

I honestly dont know why you think have the right to come in here and try and talk up a franchise that has had one winning record in the last 12+ years. Do you expect us Jet fans to just kneel before you and accept some fucking delusional concept that your franchise is dominant vs ours? Please, just GTFO. You add nothing to the discussion here.
    :buffaloblows:

3. Bills over Jets

No, I dont expect any of that. And honestly, I dont expect to even talk about the Bills much. The problem is, every time I post an opinion about something related to the Jets, all anyone does is talk about how the Bills suck.

I get that this is a Jets forum and that Jets fans will do that because they are stupid, but I'm only bringing that stuff up to defend against attack. I'm not the one just randomly bringing up how the Bills are better. No, that's Jets fans. Anything I do is in response. So if you that to end, dont start it in the first place.

4. Bills over Jets

The Bills have been terrible and there is no reason for Jets fans to fear the Bills until the Bills prove it. Believe me, I'm not some homer. I think the Bills will be a whole lot better this year, but I dont expect Jets fans to believe that because it hasn't happened for a while. All I want to do is talk about football. I can't stand getting into these ridiculous side battles.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Sigh. Have you forgotten your name is “Bills over Jets”? Huh?.

Also, just looking back at this thread, you started all of this shit by bashing everyone for being excited over the players we drafted. Im sure you are excited from the players the Bills got. I mean shit, Bills fans acted like they won the fucking SB when they got Mario Williams.

Honestly, how did you expect the people on this forum to react to your original post?

#45 laxin, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  6. Bills over Jets

So it's my username that offends you? A Bills fan thinks the Bills will top the Jets this year? Holy shit. You know, it is ok for people to have other opinions besides that the Jets are the best team ever. And not everyone who has a different opinion from yours is an idiot, blowhard, or asshole. Get over it.

7. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I'm well aware that the Bills have beaten the Jets more than vice versa.

Are you aware that personal attacks constitute grounds for banning?
    Don't come in here with your passive-aggressive "yeah the Jets picked HOFers" douche nozzle attitude and you won't get flamed, it's simple.

TGG has plenty of good posters that are fans of a lot of NFL teams. But, if your posts/username scream "look at me!" and never add to the discussion, all we can assume is that you are a troll.

The history of the two franchises doesn't change the fact that in my history of watching football the Bills have been mostly cellar dwellers in the AFCE. I don't have to be concerned with how many games you guys won (or big games you didn't) with Jim Kelly and OJ before that.

I am correct in calling out that your username is a fucking joke.

In the case of both our current regimes (Rex Ryan, Chan Gailey) the Bills have never won under Gailey and the Jets have lost once to the Bills because Sanchez threw an ungodly amount of interceptions. I really couldn't give one squirt of diarrhea about the 90s. This is 2012.

This year, I think the Bills are on the upswing. It remains to be seen but the games should be fun to watch.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

You can read the rest of my post, I was just pointing out that right from the start you did create this mindset that the Jets are inferior to the Bills.. And right there, many people arent going to agree.

Ive never said the Jets are the best team ever, and nor will I ever say that. You are just putting words in my mouth and other poster’s mouths by generalizing like that. Fact is, many dont like someone who’s main goal is to bash this team.

Personally, I hate all the bullshit of fans of more successful franchises bashing other fans, thinking they are better, meanwhile all of it is just based on luck and what team you chose to be a fan of or what you are born into. But a fan of the Bills calling our team inferior and that the Bills are the dominant franchise is where the line is drawn. When you add actual intelligence to the discussion, you wont be called out, but when you clearly bash the Jets, or the fans, ect (like at the beginning of this thread), you will get shit on.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

No, it's your snide ass attitude that's offensive. You make some backhanded sarcastic comments about the Jets draft picks in an obvious attempt to stir people up and then when you get called out you do this whole "What? Me? What did I do? I just wanna talk football." bullshit. Give it a rest.

10. Bills over Jets

Ok. We all made our points. I probably should have said my initial comment in a different way, so I'll start over.

Davis is actually my favorite Jets pick. I think that guy is going to be quite good. The Bills were going to pick some LB's in this draft, so I made sure to look at all of them. Davis was one I honed in on. I think you got a good one there.

The other one though that I liked was Ganaway. Don't sleep on that guy. He's 240lbs+ and is fast. He has some wiggle, too. I watched a lot of him at Baylor and I could never quite figure out why he was never rated higher. I know he's probably never going to be a feature back in the NFL, but he'll be productive in a specific role. I like that guy a lot.

11. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Well I am glad this thread got back on message. It was a very good article on our 3rd round pick. I feel much better about him and coples after articles I have read in the NY Daily News. I like our draft more and more. I think the steal for the Jets in the draft was getting the Safety from South Carolina in the 6th round...

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I read that article about Davis. I wonder, does anyone else think that what the Jets have done in getting him is pretty much the only move they made to defend against TE's running those crossing patterns in the middle of the field? Landry seems more the basic safety than a pass coverage guy, and so far they have done nothing else in the secondary.

It was my perception last year that the Jet LB's were being attacked more than any other part of the D on that type of play. Once Pace had to replace Thomas in setting the edge, and given overall lack of speed at LB, that is where the problems began.

It will be interesting to see just how much Davis ends up seeing the field, particularly against some of these opponents who rely so much on the TE in their passing attack.

13. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

It may be a long shot since he's a 6th rounder but it's not impossible that Bush could get some playing time this season and could help cover TEs.

14. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

Great article, thanks. Pretty excited about this draft class

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

See, if you started it that way, no one would have an issue :)

These are 3 of the most hyped Jets picks I can remember in a while, mostly because all have near-elite athleticism for their positions. It's easy to see the upside coming through, and then when you read articles like this, it reminds you a lot of what the Jets are missing.

I was a little surprised we went ILB as highly as they did, but given his speed and strength, as well as his leadership skills, including holding people accountable, makes him look like someone you would love to pencil into the middle of the Jets defense for years to come.

On a Jets board, most of us will see the physical upside and hope for the best. There are reasons to think these guys can live up to their potential, and if they do, they will be fun to watch for years.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't even think it's that big of a longshot, Kerry Rhodes and Erik Coleman both made big impacts as rookies and they were 4th and 5th round picks. I think there's a decent chance he competes for a starting job, depending who else the Jets bring at safety.

17. GreenBleeder

GreenBleeder Member

No friggin chance!!! To damn late already, he is already Ray Lewis and a young Bart Scott.

You would think, after looking like a complete joke last year, rex would tone down all the praise on his players, but Rex is Rex. He can't help it.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Jets solve their safety problems with a sixth round pick???

I guess anything seems possible in the off season.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem in the middle of the field last year was that the Jets had no LB capable of staying with a big tight end up the seams. They had one safety who was too small but fast enough and one safety who was ok size, although a bit small, but too slow.

Slow (LB's), small (FS), slow (SS). Those were the Jets problems last year. Did they fix them in the draft between Davis, Bush and Allen? Well maybe Davis helps but I doubt the safeties are any improvement at all. Allen is slower than Smith and Bush is under 6 feet.

20. Tenn_JetsFanatic

good f'ing read .... I'm very excited about his addition