Junior Seau Found Dead

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, May 2, 2012.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dead to me.

2. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

R.I.P But something wasnt right in his head.

3. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Sad. Concussions surely played a part.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was never a fan. Then he kept coming back for a free ring with the Patriots. Never got it. Still, seeing that news today is very sad. And watching his mom was heart breaking. RIP.

5. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Half way right but that is simply an ignorant comment of which you have no facts or information to base your opinion on. Given how little you know about him as a person, his pre football emotional stability, his concussions while playing and how they were treated, his post football emotional stability and any chemical imbalances he may have you cant think you are in an informed position to judge. In fact its positions taken by people like you that make those who do suffer from imbalances afraid to speak out because they feel like its a weakness that they should "man up" over.

Selfish act no doubt about it. The quintessential selfish act by a father with problems. But to discount all the factors that may have pushed him to this while having no facts at all is pretty ridiculous.

No excuses for the man, hopefully the league will take even more actions to make services for those transitioning away from the game more available.

Thoughts are with the family.

6. jetsflip2101

jetsflip2101 Well-Known Member

R.I.P "I feel sorry for his family"

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Jeez, his mom sounds like she's about to go off the deep end (I don't mean that as a dig; I mean the shock from it). I get the feeling that although the police are confirming it's a suicide, she'll refuse to believe he killed himself, even if there was a note.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the family, and it's too early to speculate on why he did it. Broken marriage, financial problems, head injuries, steroids, addiction issues are only a few of the possible reasons. That SB team is jinxed.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Something about this doesn't pass the smell test.. Nobody commits suicide by shooting themselves in the chest. Mouth, Temple? Yes. GF found him and called 911. I know his family is crushed and its a tough thing to deal with especially with one so young as Junior was.

RIP Junior. May you find the peace in death that eluded you in life.

10. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Horrible. I feel terrible for his now fatherless children. So sad. :(

11. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I've read speculation online that he may have done this so his brain would be intact and be studied for the brain trauma work being done to check for the effects of repeated concussions.

12. gizmo253

gizmo253 Member

I understand people act on impulse but no matter how badly damaged you are or how bad of a spot you are in suicide is never the answer....I give him credit for not having his children around. The sight of your parent in a lifeless pool of blood is something that a child never gets over.....believe me I know.

Im not going to get personal with you because you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. But there are so many people who suffer from awful things everyday. Life isnt easy, and in many NFL'ers cases they suffer from awful headaches (Wayne Chrebet), body pains, addictions to pain killers, etc. But this is still no excuse to take your life, there are so many other outlets where you can seek help and support. Its just very unfortunate because of those he left behind, the pain, questions, guilt, anger, and sadness never goes away. Junior has forever burdened his family and most importantly his children who are now left without a father.

So im sorry if my stance on suicide is too extreme or offensive, but I have good reason. Stories like this only bring back horrible memories and intense anger. I feel very sorry for his children and my prayers are with them.

***EDIT: Just for the record I am not a doctor and I am in not qualified to report on his conditions or mental state. I always liked Junior as a player, I just strongly disagree with his actions. Did not mean to come off like some no it all with a sap story, just defending my outrage.

#32 gizmo253, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

My immediate reaction was similar -- suicide via a shot to the chest? Just positioning a gun at that angle seems awkward; but then again, maybe it's because we're so accustomed to suicide gunshots to the head, so this seems abnormal and "fishy."

I thought I heard Mort say that the entry was right at the heart, so maybe Seau figured he'd have no chance of surviving by by directly hitting the heart? Idk.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

8th member of '94 Chargers Super Bowl team to have died...

LB David Griggs (Car Crash, 1995)
    RB Rodney Culver (Plane Crash, 1996)
    LB Doug Miller (Struck by lightning, 1998)
    C Curtis Whitley (Overdose, 2008)
    DL Chris Mims (Heart, 2008)
    DL Shawn Lee (Heart, 2011)
    LB Lew Bush (Heart, 2011)

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You all don't think this is directly related to concussion after concussion and the affects it has on the brain?

This is another Chris Benoit thing and fortunately he didn't take his family too.

16. rjmac

rjmac Banned

struck by lightning? I need an s.a.t. word that describes this poetic irony

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Agreed, definitely a strong possibility.

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This is absolutely horrific.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fixed your post.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If this is the price hardluck teams have to pay to be in a SB, I'll be ok if the Jets don't make it anytime soon. This is some spooky, tragic shit