Mangini expresses regret about blowing whistle on Patriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jet Rider, May 1, 2012.

1. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet he regrets a lot. Like thinking he was good enough to be a head coach.

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Simply put: Fuck Mangini.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Dumbass. :pats_suck:

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He was better than herm. But I guess that's not saying much

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Glad he did it. I don't think Spygate takes anything away from any of NE's titles, but Belichick can go fuck himself after leaving this franchise the way he did, so if it taints his legacy at all I'm glad.

7. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea because he probably wants to be back on Bellifags staff and become his friend again. If he doesn't report it they probably are still cheating.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, and they probably have a couple more Lombardi trophies to show for it, too. Spygate was the best thing Mangini did in NY.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mangini did a lot of good things here he was fired pretty much because Brett Favre tore his bicep. Glad we have RR though.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I actually like Mangini on ESPN, he is good to listen to. Do you guys remember the huge deal about the handshake between him and Bill, what an overblown story.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Fuck that. When its a fair game, Belishit has zero rings to show for.

As for Mangina, he just wanted to audition for an NFL job, so I don't blame him. I do blame him for Gholston though.

12. deef

deef Member

Loved watching Bruschi react to this whole thing. Bitching about loyalty and making it clear he didn't actually comprehend what Harbaugh said. Good luck trying to defend those championships dude, too bad nothing you say can change anything.

Mangini is just trying to minimize his role because he knows a lot of people resent him or lost respect for him. He knew damn well what he was doing, and he only regrets it now because he can't benefit from it anymore. Trying to backtrack now just makes him seem gutless. He's like the kid in school that tells on you to the teacher, but then tries to act like he's cool. Mangina is right.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Of course he is. He's trying to get back in with Belichick.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Kissing up to NE hoping for a job.

If he had another coaching gig right now, I doubt he'd have any regrets over what he did. I'll always give him props for telling the truth. Considering how close the last two SB losses were for NE, it's easy to see two more Lombardi trophies up there without Mangini spilling the dirt.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually, he never said he was sorry for turning Belly in, he said he was sorry the whole thing went viral and tainted Belly's (and Mangini's) SB rings.

Kinda like "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I got caught"

16. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Mangini regrets exposing NE because it affects his legacy. Guess who on the defensive staff during those 3 super bowls?

I don't get why all these people feel the need to kiss Belichick's rings. They cheated, got docked a first-rounder and their super bowls will forever be tainted. Anyone who says "oh, it didn't matter" or "they would have won anyway" is just speculating. Football is a game of inches and if that helped you with an inch here or there, that's the difference between 3 super bowls and 0. They needed a lot of breaks to get all three and an inch makes a big difference.

17. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was one of the few that actually liked him as a HC here. Didn't care for his dictator like philosophy, but he knew his x's and o's.

18. chadedward

chadedward New Member

The kid in school thing is spot on.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I was not an Edwards fan by any stretch. I thought he was a clown. I liked not only that Mangini was not Edwards, but also that he seemed to understand what the roster needed and all that. Course that's not saying all that much.

But Mangini was not real HC material, imo. He was a tight ass who forgot the game should still be at least somewhat fun. I hate these "it's all a business" types in the No Fun League, and that is Mangini.

F him.

20. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Fuck NE......and Fuck Mangina......he's looking to suck Belichick's dick since he's out of the coaching circle now.......pretty transparent about it at that......