Jets vs Pats Draft Analysis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

2. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Pssst, Graham was one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL, and that's how the Pats used him. Watson was the receiving TE.

3. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

You prove my point though Its Brady there he had 36 TD 4 INT that season. With a bunch of low level guys.

The year the system proved to be the difference might be 2008. But they had Moss and Welker with both 1000+ yard season. And talent left still on Defense.

4. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Gotta love how you cherry pick 2 games out of Sanchez's 53 NFL starts.

For his 3-year body of work, he barely has a 50% completion percentage and a QB rating in the lower 70's.

That production is not what the Jets expected when they blew draft picks to move up and take him as the overall #5 pick.

5. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Um yea I remember watching the season just because he could block doesn't make him good. You could put a 6th offensive lineman out there for that. He wasn't a threat for receiving. Duel Threat TE's are IMO whats considered a good TE otherwise you know what to expect when hes on the field. Watson was alright but he never had more then I think it was 40 something receptions. The best of the TE's under Belicheck besides Gronk and Hernandez. So 3 out of 9 for position thats a great statistic in baseball but this is Football.

#45 Docny1975, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Your right I keep getting name wrong but at least the pats fan replying to me did as well.

edit. Haha looking back I see where I got mixed up I blame Kurtthejets fan he said the name first and I just got caught up in it

#46 Docny1975, Apr 29, 2012
  7. Hobbes3259

Cassel disproves your point

8. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't know why I keep on hearing that. What about Mayo, and Spikes, and Vollmer, and Solder? Why are people willing to concede credit for only those two picks?

Belichick is getting praised by some people because he addressed the team's needs with this draft. Our offense is fine. On the other hand, our defense needs playmakers in the front seven, and quality starters/depth (depending on injuries and development) in the backfield. Belichick drafted two players who project as immediate starters in the front seven in Jones and Hightower, another quality rotational player in the third round in Bequette, a corner/safety in the second, and one of the best CBs in the draft in the seventh round (projected 2nd/3rd; dropped due to character concerns) in Alfonzo Dennard.

Chandler Jones was a late riser, who we might have targeted slightly above his actual value (depending on how other teams felt). But overall, we addressed nearly all of our positions of need, and the only significant perceived reach was Tavon Williams in the 2nd.

And, oddly enough, on the rare occasion that Belichick has been perceived to hugely reach for a player things have panned out quite well for us... Mankins and Vollmer are the two examples that come to mind.

I don't know what anyone else is saying, but my criticism for Ryan isn't that he expects 1st round players to start. It is just that publicly declaring they WILL start immediately after drafting them seems a bit presumptuous. And being one of the players like DeVito and Conner, who are getting thrown under the bus in the process, can't feel too good.

You do realize that 4 out of our 5 starting lineman were drafted by the Patriots right? And if Waters retires, it could be all five, with three of them in recent years.

Is there a double standard? Yeah, maybe... that is what happens when you have a HOF coach with a record of unprecedented sustained success, and a reputation for being unconventional... he gets credit for his good moves, and sometimes gets the benefit of the doubt for the questionable ones.

And Belichick is actually getting a lot of criticism from some people for his moves in the second round, both for reaching to draft Williams, and for getting poor value in our trade of the later second round pick.

Of course, Jets' fans with inferiority complexes will never acknowledge that both teams have blind homers and detractors... they are too busy playing brave martyr who is fighting off the overwhelming sea of media injustice.

9. Hobbes3259

Ummm...the kid had a bad boss. Simple fact is Schotty takes 10 points off of a QBs stats.

It's not the player. It's the system. Remember, if Mo Lewis doesn't hit Bledsoe, Brady never sees the field...which is to say, e Former 6th rounder couldn't beat him out.

The evidence suggests that in adjusting to a bad situation, they found something Brady could do pretty well, and were smart enough to stick with it.

Brady is a great player 6-10 yards put. But so was Matt Cassel when Buck Frady got kneecapped...

And I don't need to cherry pick, those are just two examples.

In total he has 9 4th Quarter Comebacks, and 11 Game winning drives. Pretty clutch.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

Brady has 25/35, but in over 10 years.

#49 Hobbes3259, Apr 29, 2012
  10. PatsOwnAfc

PatsOwnAfc New Member

The pats haven't been the same team since spygate? Really? Their regular season record has been awesome and they went to 2 super bowls. In both of those the games went down to a couple plays. do you honestly believe spygate was the cause of those couple plays not going their way? as for the media who cares if they give the pats praise? They got praise this year cuz they actually moved up and addressed defense including getting hightower who was really thought to be more of a tough Ravens/Steelers defensive player.

#50 PatsOwnAfc, Apr 29, 2012
  11. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

this is a jets forum. i don't know why you are on it if you don't look at things objectively as opposed to the bias you have now. i would suggest finding better things to do with your time

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i think you are totally clueless when it comes to football with those two bolded quote's. belichick may not be the best personel talent evaluator, but he is indeed one of the best football coaches ever. to claim otherwise shows cluelessness!

and brady's no manning? he's not, he's tom brady, one of the best ever! foolish to claim otherwise.

i agree the reason the pats are always on top is because of their qb, without him belichick isn't a superbowl coach. belichick is a very smart coach but has had like many of the greats, a great qb.

belichicks drafting grades i don't believe are praised as much as you may think. theres no talk of his second rd draft pick or any of the rest because they sucked, but his first 2 picks will make his draft, so he gets a passing grade.

13. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Can you say "objectively" that after 3 years, Sanchez was worth the overall #5 draft pick?

I have no bias, I am just stating what every single media and non-Jets fans are saying.

Hell, your own GM and HC are on public record saying Sanchez has not developed as expected.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

huh ????.

the pats just keep winning the division (they own it really) and appearing in superbowls, even though they lost the last two, but you can't win superbowls unless you get to them, which is far more than what the jets have been doing.

just what is so great about what the jets have been doing that makes the jets superior to the pats? record wise and play wise says the total opposite!

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

90 percent of the time is a bit inflated, don't ya think? and even though they don't always draft great, what they don't do is miss with the 6th pick of the first rd seymour vs gholston. the pats always seem to do a good job of hitting their 1st rders, better than the jets seem to do. notice i didn't mention sanchez, who after this season will be another 1st rd bust.

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

if the stars align just right, LOL. we've seen enough of sanchez to know at best, he'll be a capable game manager. elite? never gonna happen.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I do think that's true this year.

Coples vs Jones: Not sure who, besides Mayock, had Jones over Coples. Both are athletic freaks, except Coples has actually PRODUCED on the college level.

Hightower vs Hill: Both good prospects who will help their teams a lot. Hightower is a great fit for the Pats LB corps, Hill fits like aglove for the Jets WR corps.

Tavon Wilson vs Josh Bush/Antonio Allen: Most analysts had both Bush and Allen rated higher than Wilson, even though we got them several rounds later. Plus, we got 2 of them.

Demario Davis vs Jake Bequette: Bequette is a nice, hard-working pass rusher, but he doesn't have near the upside of Davis.

Jets also drafted Jordan White, Terrance Ganaway and RG335. Not sure how, on paper, anyone could say the Patriots had a better draft. We'll see down the line who had the better draft, but right now, based on value right now, I can't imagine putting the Pats ahead of the Devils.

18. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

haha no way he was the 150th rated safety. He was the 150th rated player on the board.. lol. still like our 2 safety picks... one of those guys is gonna be our starter down the road.

#58 dmarz45, Apr 29, 2012
  19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Why are all these Pats trolls posting on here? Have they been banned from their own boards or are they just too boring?

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

1st point, sanchez doesn't belong in the same conversation as manning and brady! the jets beat those teams, not sanchez. LOL

2nd point, pplleeeaaassseeee. really, how pathetic can you get. schooty is the reason the jets haven't won a superbowl all these years. get a grip, LOL.