Complete Review of all picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jetfan76, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

1 16 (16) Coples, Quinton DE

2 11 (43) Hill, Stephen WR
    (From Seahawks)
    3 14 (77) Davis, Demario OLB

6 17 (187) Bush, Josh S
    (From Eagles through Colts)
    6 32 (202) Ganaway, Terrance RB
    (Compensatory selection)
    6 33 (203) Griffin, Robert T. G
    (Compensatory selection)
    7 35 (242) Allen, Antonio SS
    (Compensatory selection)
    7 37 (244) White, Jordan WR

Im gonna say B+ Think we got some really good late round value.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

This is from waltfootball (the only grade I think seems really off is Davis - he acknowsges it meets a big need and is only a slight reach but gives it a poor mark).

2012 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

16. Quinton Coples, DE/DT, North Carolina: B- Grade
    Quinton Coples can be a stud, but there's more of a chance that he'll bust. He gave very little effort on the field - and this was when he was playing for free (save for the booster money). Can the Jets get the most out of him? They better hope so, because their other option, Melvin Ingram, would have given them 100 percent.

43. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech: A Grade
    And another AFC East team makes a great selection in Round 2. The Jets acquired the No. 43 selection from the Seahawks for fifth- and seventh-round picks. And I can definitely understand why. Stephen Hill easily could have gone in the 20s. New York desperately had to find an upgrade at receiver because Chaz Schilens is currently slated to start. Hill is a raw route-runner, but he has ridiculous upside.

77. Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas State: C- Grade
    Demario Davis is a slight reach - only Mike Mayock had him in the top 100 (No. 86) of all the major big boards - but this pick fills a big need. The Jets had to find an outside linebacker who could rush the passer.

187. Josh Bush, S, Wake Forest: C+ Grade
    Josh Bush can play both safety positions, which is key because they have holes in both areas. The Jets would have addressed this area earlier if they had a Day 3 pick prior to this one. Bush is a bit of a reach, but that's not a big deal in the middle of Round 6.

202. Terrance Ganaway, RB, Baylor: B+ Grade
    Another running back for the Jets' ground and pound. Terrance Ganaway could have gone a bit higher than this, so there's some value with this selection.

203. Robert T. Griffin, G, Baylor: C Grade
    I don't know if many people had Robert Griffin II being drafted, but the Jets had yet to address their offensive line.

242. Antonio Allen, S, South Carolina: A+ Grade
    It's very strange that Antonio Allen dropped to the bottom of the seventh round, especially considering how thin this safety class is. Allen was No. 101 on the consensus board, so he could have easily gone atop Round 4. Allen could eventually start for the Jets, who have a huge hole at safety.

244. Jordan White, WR, Western Michigan: B+ Grade
    Another receiver, which is a need. Jordan White fits the range. This is a pretty solid Round 7 selection.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

For myself:

Best pick: Stephen Hill
    Worst pick: Demario Davis
    Best sleeper/late pick: Antonio Allen

Overall: B+

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Only pick, not counting the last pick, I have concerns about is Coples. I'm a fan of high motor guys, even if they have a slightly lower potential. You look at your elite players on defense and they all have one thing in common, high motors. Coples has a world of potential talent, but I question his motor.

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Was going to give the Jets draft a C prior to round 7 but I do like both picks so I think a C+/B- works for me.

Its a real wait and see process here. Alot of boom or bust in Coples and Hill...can be either really good or really bad.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Coples will be dominant. It will be funny to see the folks who failed to see his talent when he is a perennial pro bowler.

7. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

is Demario Davis gonna be inside or outside in our D? reports have been conflicting

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

1 16 (16) Coples, Quinton DE A
    2 11 (43) Hill, Stephen WR A+
    3 14 (77) Davis, Demario OLB D-
    6 17 (187) Bush, Josh S B
    6 32 (202) Ganaway, Terrance RB B+
    6 33 (203) Griffin, Robert T. G C+
    7 35 (242) Allen, Antonio SS A+
    7 37 (244) White, Jordan WR A-

9. lamont_jordan_rules

1 16 (16) Coples, Quinton DE A+
    2 11 (43) Hill, Stephen WR A+
    3 14 (77) Davis, Demario OLB C-
    6 17 (187) Bush, Josh S B+
    6 32 (202) Ganaway, Terrance RB B+
    6 33 (203) Griffin, Robert T. G C+
    7 35 (242) Allen, Antonio SS A+
    7 37 (244) White, Jordan WR B

... Q is gonna be lights out! ...

... the move up in front of chicago for hill was awesome! ...

... need to have a team cut a RT due to salary cap issues and us pick him up and my overall grade will go from B+ to A ...

l_j_r

10. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Wow I'm surprised by all the Demario Davis hate. This guy is fast, sheds blocks, and hits like Ike Turner....and we got him in the 3rd round. And he will be a staple on ST. I give this pick a B.

11. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

looking at his grades for other teams it appears his grades are literally just based on where they were ranked on various sites. He has no analysis of how they fit or what type of player just... oh he went 30 and was ranked 45 C, he was ranked 52 but went 78 A+.

12. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

These grades are all subjective BS based on rankings produced by people not working in the NFL. What they should do is compile the draft boards from every team and build a consensus ranking from actual NFL professional scouts. That would be as accurate a system as possible, but there's no way these teams would share that info. Meanwhile we're stuck listening to Mayock, McShay, and Kiper.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I really like this draft. Apparently they think the RT slot is taken care of by Ducasse emerging. Coples is a BEAST. Hill automatically stretches the D. Davis s/b a ST killer who can work into the ILB role on passing situations.

14. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I like this draft. Would been nice to have a pick in 4th or 5th. But we got some good guys with our 6th and 7th round picks. Id have to say B+/A-. Everyone is hating on the LB but I think from what I've seen hes a solid tackler good size and great speed. Which we needed to cover NE's Tight Ends.

15. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Why did Allen fall so far? He is a 3-4 rounder all day long. Great pick by jets......you either have a solid starter in 2 years or you threw away a 7 th round pick.

After watching a lot of sec ball dont know why he fell, an absolute stud.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

why is everyone shitting on Davis?

the jets need a speedy player who can push Gronkowski off his routes.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

loved this draft.seemed like they stayed true to the board.
    coples may have not been what everyone had in mind to improve the pass rush,but he will do that and so much more.think about how rex was able to confuse brady in the playoff game in 2011.ellis was a beast that nite allowing rex to drop 8 in coverage.coples is going to give rex that kiind of flexibilty.and the blitzes are going to be 5x more effective because of it.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You guys are really giving Demario Davis a Bum Rap.

Hill & Davis are my 2 favorite picks.

19. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Davis is arguably the least sexy pick in the draft, but when its all said and done he could be awesome

Overall, this draft shows why you have to wait a few years to evaluate the class. I dont expect huge things out of anyone in this class, but I can completely see a few of these guys being impact guys in year two or three

20. Montana

Montana Member

It's funny, all those people that fail to see his talent, are also the same people who fail to see that in 2010 he was a monster, and had no questions whatsoever about his motor or effort level.

His lackluster play in 2011, imo was 100% a result of all the shit going down around the team, including the firing of his coach, Butch Davis.

I've zero concerns about Coples "busting" while Rex is here.