1st Round - Quinton Coples

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Apr 26, 2012.

1. SeattleJet

SeattleJet Active Member

I like this pick. I live in Seattle, and ALL Seahawks fans are shaking their heads with their pick at 15. I think, our DL will be dominant.

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you rather have people's complaint be that a guy is a little short, fat or slow rather than lazy or unmotivated? Why does that not concern you at all? If it doesn't, than it's sunshiner shit which is the same as SOJF.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

It was either going to be Decastro or Couples being picked and no one else. Ingram is short and Not suited for what Rex wants , plus when I saw the Video of Couples working out for the Jest, I knew he was their favorite.

Best Pick at that spot in the draft!

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Of course he's a 34 DE, all of his skills fall in line perfectly with that position. He's not a dynamic passrusher (no clue why so many are saying he is), he's a great run player than can hold blockers and make plays at the LOS. He's a great fit at DE.

Bad part is that they clearly still need a OLB.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You based ur opinion on Rex and the scouts, but u just said this has Gholston 2.0 written all over it, which is the opinion of a lot of idiots on this board right now.

6. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I think alot of people would of been happy with Ingram but Coples is gonna be great.. I dont hate it. I would of really hated Jones and so would everybody else. Ingram didnt fit our scheme. plain and simple. Coples is going to be the pass rusher we've been needing and he will be able to set the edge. We needed speed and he's a huge upgrade over Devito.

7. Professor Frink

Best post in this whole thread

8. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

I would have been overjoyed if we picked Mark Ingram instead. Dont know why we passed. :eek:hmy:

9. PoPo

PoPo Member

Was shocked but will hold judgement and give him a chance.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

And you wanted them to fill all those holes with that one pick, huh?

11. Heavy Metal Thunder

If he can't keep himself motivated to play hard as a college player trying to get drafted, how is he gonna stay motivated with first round money in the bank?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fqof1j

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Evreryone forgets we picked up a new dl coach, who I think, is gonna help coach up our dl. So its not all about rex.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

It doesn't concern me one bit, cuz it wasn't the first overall pick.

Coples was considered to be the best pass rusher of the draft by many experts and scouts. Motivation is a concern, but Gholston became a fat slob after he got his $50mils. Coples is only going to get a few mils to start off with. He'll need to earn that big paycheck, as opposed to Gholston. Do you not see the difference? Gholston had nothing to play for. He made his millions. Coples won't get more than 4 years $9mil. Thats not exactly a big paycheck. There are a lot of things that can motivate, and money is one of them. People read comments that he needs to be motivated, and then they make their Gholston 2.0 opinions. BS!

14. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Coples has the ability/potential to be a cross between Seymour and Mario Williams. Our defensive line is going to be stellar.

15. ZUCCO

ZUCCO New Member

Ingram is a midget why would you want a small guy to be thrown like a teddy bear????

16. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I like Bruins and Celtics because I was born and raised in MA. I like the Yankees because my great uncles were from CN (Yankees fans side) and love the stories they'd tell me about the old Yankees with Mantle. I like the Jets because I followed him to the Pats.

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yeah man! I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers than Tebow. Dammit, why didn't we get him?

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idk why everyone is saying he can't play OLB. Rex made sure to test him out as an OLB at his pro day and obviously he was impressed. if not, he wouldn't of taken him. you guys have to remember rex really is good at his job lol

19. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Ingram is known for his athleticism not really for his "speed." As is Coples. And fyi Coples ran a faster 40 than Ingram. I probably would be sleeping better if the Jets had picked Ingram but I don't mind the pick at all. Go with the best player available on your board.

20. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Word, I don't get why we took a 4-3 DE?.. Do i trust in Rex, YES but god damn. Ingram and reiff were there ( to mention DeCastro) hope it works out and yes I think we can move him all over the place.