Do you want HBO Hard Knocks?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Apr 23, 2012.

?

Do you want HBO Hard Knocks?

1. Yes

98 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. No

90 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We don't need this.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think Hard Knocks combined with the arrival of Tim Tebow would cause a rip in the fabric of space/time.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

that depends on the "we"

"we" the fans absolutely need this

4. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I would love to see it for entertainment value (the Jets are the most entertaining team without a shadow of a doubt) but I think it would have a negative effect on the team so I say yes and no lol

by the way I saw Keller and McKnight at Starbucks by the training facility the other day and they said they think the Tebow thing will work and that they would love to do Hard Knocks. I think Rex is the guy who doesnt want it.

#24 dmarz45, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  5. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

We're supposed to be gameplanning some special top secret offense, why in the hell would you want an independent company filming every last second of your day while you're trying to implement it?

Think about winning, not getting press!!

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Perfect example of why watching TV makes you stupid.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So you would rather be entertained for an hour a week in August than watch the team perform better for three hours on Sundays for 16 weeks. Good idea.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I didn't want it the first time and I don't want it this time either.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This

Filler

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why would a fan NOT want it?

More access to your football team, from the top guys down to the guys just trying to hack it...Nicely presented to you. Why would anyone not associated with the team vote NO?

Do you reject television coverage of the season too? Do you want to only listen to Jets games on the radio?

11. BrowningNagle

It has NO impact on the regular season at all... The NYJ players are so accostomed to the media in this era that its not even a blurb on the season. Hell you could make an argument that it helps the team if you wanted - Veterans who might otherwise sit whole weeks of T.C. for more vacation might want to be more visible who knows?

But either way it has no negative effect on the regular season at all - Did the Jets start out slow last time?

12. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

My heart says yes, but my va-jay-jay says no.

13. BrowningNagle

Last time the Jets were on Hard Knocks you never really got to see much X's and O's of their gameplans and what not. You see more of the general stuff like the drills.. guys desire, camraderie, coaching yellling, etc. It wasn't whole stretches of film of formations/ plays, etc that anyone from the competition could take anything of merit from.

Besides more of the special gameplanning occurs during the week during the season, not during training camp which is mostly to get players in shape, put in your base offense/defense, and decide who/who not to keep.

I'm not saying I'll be pissed if they don't do Hard Knocks this year, I just think its silly for Fans to be against it, when it has nothing to do with anything except letting US see more football.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Because it's a distraction to the team. I want my team to be focused on the things that really matter (winning) and not to have distractions from that for the purposes of entertaining people on HBO.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Those who expect a replay of 09 are bound to be disappointed. "Getting to know" the CS??? We know them already. You're going to chuckle just as much if Ryan says "let's go get a snack"? I doubt it. Unless and until they perform better in the standings, eye rolling is a more likely reaction.

In hindsight, the overall long term effect of the change of approach we saw in 09 has to at least be questioned rather than swallowed whole. Yes, there were many positives, and I was happy to see Mangini go. All things being equal, I like blunt talk, and Ryan was that. He also continues, despite last year's record, to show success on D, and that's a good thing.

But the circus atmosphere has begun to wear thin, and seems to have infected the decisionmaking process regarding the roster. Perhaps not a complete change of direction is necessary, but certainly a change of emphasis. That change should start with a recognition that 2012 is a different year and a different situation than 2009.

I voted no.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This

I want more Rex Ryan. Love that man (nohomo)

"...Fuck that. The best place to be is when expectation are high..."

/mancrush

17. BrowningNagle

If they were distracted last time or not focusing on winning last time than they certainly didn't show it. I don't think that was the case.

18. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Hell yes I want Hard Knocks!!!

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I agree with this one hundred percent. While it's always fun to watch the Jets this year they have to get serious, dig deep and let their play on the field show the league that they mean business, not some dopey TV show.

Sequels never match the original, we've already seen the bravado, the bold Superbowl predictions, the shenanigans off the field. The Jets need get it done off the radar and return to their prowess they've demonstrated they are capable of.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I can't get enough jets coverage, but I'm gonna say no to this. If Rex doesn't want it, I don't want it.