this is why I hate BSPN

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by packersfan, Apr 24, 2012.

1. packersfan

packersfan New Member

this is why I hate the media

NFL Films ranks Tebow above 3 Hall of Famers.

First 90% of talking heads go overboard about how horrible Tebow is thereby inflaming the Tebots and then they put out this BS inflaming the anti Tebots.

Meanwhile they laugh all the way to the bank at the controversy they create and we spend hours with extreme arguments on both sides of the coin in a Tebowmania forum.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bow-already-better-than-three-hall-of-famers/

#1 packersfan, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

To be fair, this is NFL Films so the NFL network not ESPN right?

1. Barry Sanders
    2. Roger Staubach
    3. O.J. Simpson
    4. Paul Hornung
    5. Charles Woodson
    6. Tony Dorsett
    7. Tim Tebow
    8. Earl Campbell
    9. Marcus Allen
    10. Cam Newton

Please nobody even try to argue Tebow deserves 7 right now and even Cam at 10 is ridiculous. "The list (and to limit any confusion, it ranks the NFL accomplishments of former Heisman Trophy winners)"

Quote from usa today: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ies+(Sports+-+NFL+-+Top+Stories)#.T5bLjyRWoyd

3. packersfan

packersfan New Member

Thanks for the heads up. My anti ESPN bias is showing.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I have to wonder just what they were thinking ??? No way Tebow should be anywhere on that list as of yet. Time may tell, but as of now ? Not even close.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

(sigh) your 1000% right , its a shame other fans do not understand it the way you do.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Whenever any "organization" tries to compare active and retired players by ranking them they're just trying to whore themselves into more readers/revenue

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I'm a huge Tebow supporter and if the list was just (best heisman winners) I can make an argument for Tim being at the very top. But top heisman winners based on current NFL accomplishments????? are you kidding me? Tebow shouldn't even be brought into the conversation! Maybe 5 years from now when he does all the things I hope and think he can do if a team gets behind him 100%.... but right now this a joke just to rial people up.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I feel like I can't even comment because the methodology of this list so thoroughly escapes me. I mean, Jim Plunkett won two Super Bowls and he's not even on the list.

What the . . ?

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

So is thing saying Tebow is a better pro than Tony Dorsett?

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So is this thing saying Tebow has accomplished more in the NFL than anybody on that list?

Makes no sense.

11. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I am lost for words except for dumb and dumbest.

That dumb ranking may be the dumbest ranking I have ever seen.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

very level headed response for a 3/12er
    now please change your user name.it is an insult to vinny.
    thank you

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If Tebow is #7 on the list than Mark Sanchez must be #1.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Exactly what part of the " former heisman trophy winners" was that hrs to understand?

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It was my way of saying he doesn't belong on the list.

17. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

I'd make the list; The best beginnings to their NFL Careers for Heisman winners:
    ================

Just some comparisons to consider though:

No Claims at all,,,, just the straight up STATS/FACTS:

Passing - QB John Elway - 123 of 259, 47.5% for 1,663 yds, 6.4 ypa, 7 TD's, 14 Ints, PER 54.9
    Rushing - 28 for 146 yds, 5.2 ypc, 1 TD.
    FB Mike 'A-Train' Alstott - 96 for 377 yds, 3.9 ypc, 3 TD's
    Combined Rushing - 124 for 423 yds, 3.4 ypc, 4 TD's.

Passing - QB Troy Aikman - 155 of 293, 52.9% for 1,749 yds, 6.0 ypa, 9 TD's, 18 Ints, PER 55.7
    Rushing - 38 for 302, 7.9 ypc, 0 TD's
    RB Emmitt Smith - 241 for 937 yds, 3.9 ypc, 11 TD's.
    Combined Rushing - 379 for 1,239 yds, 4.4 ypc, 11 TD's.

Passing - QB Mark Sanchez - 196 of 364, 53.8% for 2,444 yds, 6.7 ypa, 12 TD's to 20 Ints, PER 63.0
    Rushing - 30 for 105 yds, 3.5 ypa, 3 TD's.
    RB Tony Dorset - 208 for 1,007 yds, 4.8 ypc 12 TD's.
    Combined Rushing - 238 for 1,112 yds, 4.7 ypc, 15 TD's.

2010/11 Split 'cold off the bench' Seasons with 16 Stats:
    Passing - QB Tim Tebow - 167 of 353, 47.3% for 2,383 yds, 6.8 ypa, 17 TD's, 9 Ints, PER 75.1
    Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's.

Do the comparisons for yourselves:
    QB PER & TD/Int Ratios
    RB's YPC and TD's.
    Keeping in mind that Tim 'took a beating' while doing BOTH!
    For a team that went 4-14 over those 2 seasons without Tim at QB.

But I'm making NO claims nor predictions about anything, just looking at what's already happened.
    ==============

PS

sCam couldn't beat out Tebow for the starting job while at UF.
    sCam went to JC because he got 'invited' to leave UF after his 3rd character issue,
    which was buying stolen property among other charges....
    Tebow's first 16 NFL starts, 9-7.
    Newton's first 16 NFL starts, 6-10 (with a way better team and given every advantage).

But I'll give you that ole sCam is 'prettier' than Tim.... :beer:

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

instaGATOR your post is dumb for multiple reasons, but we'll start with the fact that the three QBs you bring up Aikman, Elway, Sanchez weren't heisman winners... so I'm not sure why you would compare them.

Plus your strange rant at the end about Cam Newton is weird / dumb too.

#18 BrowningNagle, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  19. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

My post was for those with a thinking brain, not for a clueless twit.

Do us both a favor and feel free to just skip over my 'dumb posts' in the future. :drunk:

20. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Dude, what in God's name are you doing here? This post is cluttered with bullcrap. And since you brought Sanchez into it for whatever reason, I will spend this post educating you on why we don't want to hear Tebow fellaters' collective ball washing for the next 4 months.

-Elway, Aikman, Alstott, Sanchez and Emmitt Smith never won the Heisman.

-You randomly grouped one QB and one RB together to show that Tebow can run the football. First of all, weak comparison. Why not group Brad Smith and Sage Rosenfels? They've both thrown passes and run the ball before. No one is debating Tebow can't run. Get off it.

-Tebow was "cold off the bench" twice in his career. Once in '10, once in '11. Who cares? Sanchez played 16 collegiate games before becoming a starting quarterback.

-Quit spewing Tebow's statistics. Jets fans are correct to lament that we now have two quarterbacks who can't sufficiently complete passes at a level expected by an above average NFL starter. Our number one and now our number two are inaccurate, and we have to hear about how this kid is coming here to compete and will take Sanchez's job, and all he does is win. (Except those last 4 out of the last 5 games as a starter). That's fine, you can have faith in Tebow, but we have faith in Sanchez and have seen him win a lot more than Tebow has professionally.

Want to see some statistics?

2011:
    Tebow: 46.5%, 6.38 YPA, 12 TD/6 INT, 33 Sacks, 72.9 rating

Sanchez: 56.7%, 6.4 YPA, 26 TD/18 INT 39 Sacks, 78.2 rating

Forgive us for not being thrilled that a guy who completed 25 20 yard completions and 6 40 yard completions and still only mustered a 6.38 YPA. Forgive us that this player is now backing up our quarterback, perhaps now the most likely to David Carr it after his line fell apart in the middle of the season, his offensive coordinator was an idiot, and his #1 WR was an asshole. Factor in that this is the most annoying media market in the nation, and we already had a back-up QB, and we as fans recognize weak spots on the team that went unaddressed so that the owner could sell jerseys. I am already tired of hearing about this crap.

Tebow is a good football player and he will help our team win ball games. He will probably provide many exciting plays in a variety of facets. That said, he doesn't belong on this list, and neither does Cam. These are guys that have done far more than go 8-5 as a starter, or have a handful of 4Q comebacks. They have an entire career's worth of accomplishments.

I get it. You're bitter that you had to watch UF's old QB win the Heisman, a conference championship, and a National Championship with a conference rival. That does not equal Tim Tebow is a good NFL quarterback.

Ok now on a different note, what's PER? I googled it, looked at pro football reference, I can't find it.

Percentage of Erections Realized?

#20 Going4TheGreen, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012