Tebow Fans: Who should be the starter....

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Who should be the starting QB this season ?

Poll closed May 20, 2012.
  1. Tebow should definitely be the starter.

17.5%
  2. Sanchez should definitely be the starter.

82.5%
  1. chadedward

chadedward New Member

I like Tebow but I was a Jets fan before he showed up: Sanchez

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Thank you for proving my point. I have not said I wanted Sanchez to lose his starting job... Quite the opposite. Yet you state you want me dead? And us "Teebots" are the illogical and insane ones??? Riiiiiiggghhht......

#42 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

all 5 guys, the guys who rule the world and tell teams who should start, the true football Illuminati.

The 5 man tebot army. ( i understand he has a lot of fans but I am talking about all the dire predictions of the tebot army coming into to these forums and destroying them......yes...its crap...obviously).

Its hard to actually think of anything else that has been as over hyped and miss informed as the "dreaded " tebow fan base.

#43 CowboysFan, Apr 21, 2012
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Due to the warm welcome we gave the Tebot invasion, thankfully a lot of the more groupie types moved on so what you're looking at are the most intelligent Tebois. We weren't gonna allow this to become the New York Tebow Message Board.

He may be a Jet due to the trade, but a lot of us don't view Tebow or his fans as Jets Fans but instead, Tebow and his Fans. Kinda like the in-law you can't stand but have to tolerate at family functions.

#44 Cman68, Apr 22, 2012
  5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

I love how a guy named "Cowboys Fan" is trying the argue like there aren't tebwhores. YOU ARE A COWBOYS FAN. The only reason you are here is bc of this obsession with Tebow, and therefore your opinion cannot be taken objectively.

Jets fans haven't seen a SB win in over 40 years. But we are still here. For us it's about THE TEAMS BEST INTEREST, not propping up a football missionary.

And one last thing: Ray Lewis is my favorite player, by far. He's done ten thousand times more in his HoF career than Tebow, yet I have NOT ONCE gone to a Ravens site, pulled for the Ravens (unless it helped the Jets), bought a Ravens jersey, or had Internet arguments with people as to why he's the best. It would be weird and creepy as an adult male to stalk him. It's also not necessary to try to "convince people" Ray Lewis is good: you can actually see it on the field.

If you are going to be a weird follower of this kid like he's an idol, at least be a man when you get called out about it.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#15: Lady Gaga

^^^
    I think Tebow will very likely be able to hit the broad side of a barn with a pass by the year 2024, and the best way for the Jets (the team) to reach their full potential would be to not corrupt an offense with its own issues with some scatter arm work in progress. Enough of the Tebonics already. We Jet fans did not sign up for this Lady Gaga-in-pads sideshow.

Tebowites:
    Joined Date: March/April, 2012

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Funny thing though Cman is that even though you don't like it, that "in-law," and we Tebow fans, ARE part of the family :)

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I can certainly understand not getting all warm and fuzzy about folks who followed Tebow here, but if you're saying you don't view Tebow as a Jet, that's kinda lame.

9. TheMoops

TheMoops New Member

I think Tebow is the better QB. But it's all on Sanchez. He plays well and wins. Then he doesn't have to worry about Tebow.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Now here you go Einstein, this is what I said about Tebow and Sanchez, why don't you do a little research before "calling people out" so you don't look like a fool because buddy your about to look like a giant size one right now. Read what I have said about Sanchez and Tebow since the trade happened (I say since because I was a member here since 2011)

here is another

and another

and another

and another

So who is not objective Goldenshowers you or me? This proves another point I have made which is that anyone that says anything positive about Tebow, no matter how small or mundane , is automatically labeled a "Tebot" . You know who is doing the labeling? Anti tebow cult members like yourself. You don't realize it but you are so fever gripped with tebow mania (the opposite side of it) you blindly call everyone a tebot.

#50 CowboysFan, Apr 22, 2012
  11. GoldenShowers

It's not that I'm opposed to your opinion. It's that YOU AREN'T A JETS FAN. You are a Tim Tebow fan. I cannot take a person seriously who literally follows a guy around like a lost puppy, and then have him spout nonsense about a team he doesn't follow! By definition of you rooting for Tebow and NOT being. jets fan, YOU ARE A TEBLOWER.

As I said before, it is not normal behavior for adult males to be the obsessed with a guy, especially a backup QB.

12. MondayNightMiracles

I am a huge Tebow fan, and I always have been. I live in Gainesville and have seen almost every one of his plays. I even followed him heavily in Denver. But First and Foremost I am a Jets fan! I have seen EVERY single one of Sanchez throws as a professional. and i consider myself a Mark supporter since the begining.

I also think that Tebow HAS the ability to be a GREAT QB in the NFL. He has the ability to do every thing Mark can and more. His upside is simply Unreal!

With that being said, Tebow was brought onto our team for 2 reasons, to play back up to Sanchez, and to run the Wildcat. (according to front office)

I think Mark Sanchez has earned himself the starting spot as our QB for this year. But no players position on the field can be or should be promised.

I know Sanchez got us to 2 AFC championships in 2 years, and as a Life long Jet fan, that means the world to me! But once again, This league is a business and we go with whoever gives us the best shot to win. Mark played poorly last season, He almost seemed to go backwards in his learning process. He played scared (but also took tons of hits) He made bad throws (but also had a downgraded line). It would be wrong to blame ONLY sanchez for our/his flailing last season.

But all back up QBs are meant to push there starting QB and challenge for that spot. And this Tebow situation is no different. He IS a winner and has the ability to be a starting QB with some serious work. Even now is starting QB worthy with his raw talents. If Mark begins to flail heavily, and we have a Good player waiting in the wings, theres no reason why not to give him a shot. Especially since we will already be going in as QB heavily due to him running the wildcat. Giving him a shot at QB can be a very easy transition.

I think the NFL is slowly evolving into a sport where EVERY position will require great athleticism. In 10 years I believe that players that are built like Cam Newton and Tim Tebow will be the Norm for the starting QB position. With the QB position evolving into this athletic position, the wildcat will also rear its head and become the Norm. Those teams that find these players, and start the movement should have great success as the other teams try to copy or follow in thier footsteps. If we can learn to use Tebows tremendous talents, we will be unstopable.

So in the end. Mark should start. But if he plays as bad as he did last year, or worse, half way through the season, we may want to start leaving in Tebow after he runs the wildcat for a few throws, then maybe for a whole drive etc etc

13. GoldenShowers

With all due respect Monday night miracle, can you really be objective as a Gator fan? The only people who believe in this kid are born agains and Gator fans. Anyone without an underlying allegiance to him sees him for what he is: an awesome trick play QB.

Secondly, Mark improved in every single category as a QB last year. The team got worse.

Also, make no mistake, I am not a Sanchez fan, and feel he is likely another overhyped USC QB. In fact I would have supported Manning, or even in a miracle world Luck. But Tim Tebow is the worst throwing and defense reading QB I have ever seen, and Sanchez is by far the lesser of two evils.

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Mark Sanchez is a bust, especially for a QB taken at #5. Tim Tebow, however, is not even a real NFL QB at this point, and his ability to develop into one is very questionable. If he couldn't improve his QB skills all through college, he's not likely to improve them much as a pro.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Even if said adult males were gay, it still wouldn't be normal behavior. Obsession for somebody who doesn't even know you exist never is. :eek:hmy:

16. Cman68

Call it whatever you want. I don't see Tebow as a Jet. Just as I really didn't see Jason Taylor as a Jet either. As far as I'm concerned, he's a guy bought in to create buzz and sell PSL's not to mention get Rex off the hook as far as learning how to implement a modern NFL offense which the GnP certainly is not. Hopefully, he'll be part of a trade up higher into the first round. If not, if we could put up with Gholston, we can tolerate Tebow and his tebots.

#56 Cman68, Apr 22, 2012
  17. Cman68

As long as the divorce hasn't been filed yet, I suppose you are. Doesn't change anything. Still don't like Tebow or his fans and when this little episode into the macabre is over with, I'll be glad when you all follow Tebow out the door and down the road.

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Despite everything you say... its hard not to like you when all of your posts include that avatar... :up:

19. Cman68

Thanks. She does have quite a Trunk doesn't she. BTW, she's the Chic that got JR Smith (Knicks) in trouble for the tweet. I can certainly see why.. :)

20. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Thank you google image search!!! :)

for those interested... her name is Tahiry Jose

#60 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Apr 22, 2012