Direct TV lowers price on the football package !

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CBG, Apr 20, 2012.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow good news I just saw that the football package was reduced and is now under. $ 200. Not bad if you have direct tv,,,,,,also alot better / cheaper than a cockamammy psl :)

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

The internet has a lower price than that.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its still highway robbery. i just could never bring myself to pay to watch the nfl on tv. fuck that, they can kiss my ass before i do that.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not worth it to watch the GnP. Just watch the game later in the week on the NFL channel.

5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

The 199 package does not come with red zone channel which is like the whole reason to get the thing.

6. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I don't have direct tv. And I'll just stream my games online for free. lol

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Couldn't live without the NFL package. I'm a lifelong Jets fan who moved from NJ to Florida, and sadly, my wife is a lifelong Pats fan who moved from Maine. The NFL package on Direct TV, plus big screens in different rooms has kept our marriage going strong.

8. GreenMachine

The 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket package for $199.95 includes access to every regular season game live on Sunday afternoons in HD, along with the Game Mix Channel with up to eight live games on one screen with scores, stats and standings; a Player Tracker feature for fantasy team fans; and highlights on demand.

NFL Sunday Ticket Max is available for $299.95 to existing NFL Sunday Ticket customers who want to upgrade, offering all the games in HD, Game Mix, Red Zone Channel, Short Cuts, online/mobile access, Player Tracker, score/stats/standings and highlights on demand.

9. GreenMachine

To each their own. Well worth it to pay $15 a game to watch the Jets and any other game. Rather than be force fed the Jags and Bucs.

If I went out it would cost me $50 a week and I would be surrounded by assholes

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I still live in NY --------but my sentiments exactly ---DITTO ----:beer:

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been getting it for less than 200 for years. I bet I can get it for 50 now.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You've obviously never seen the Sunday ticket package if you think it only includes games on Sunday. The shortcuts and redzone deal alone would be worth the 200 bucks to a football junkie like me.

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Compared to what the NFL charges with everything/everywhere else, 17 Sundays of totally being able to geek out on football is worth $2-300, especially if your favorite team isn't local.

I'd much rather get that for $300 rather than the 2 preseason game tickets and parking passes i'm stuck buying every year as part of my season tickets (actually totals exactly $300)

14. BobLivius

BobLivius New Member

What site do you use to get it?

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

alleycat just hates football

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have seen Alleycat post about football on many of these threads so I do not think he hates football :beer:
    Maybe he had a bad experience with the direct tv guy alla Cosmo Kramer and the cable guy ,,,,and it left a bad taste in his mouth :gpc:

17. alleycat9

hehe i dont hate football. i hate paying for stuff that i can get for free.

im not a huge redzone or any of the other stuff fan. i like to watch the games and just watch the games.

i view redzone as something that people with ADHD do. i like to watch the whole drive more than the scoring play... besides they are allowed to score from outside the 20 arent they :)

i will give you this, i am far more of a curmudgeon than most 36 year olds... i cant wait to see what ill be like when i get to be a real old man.

im not shitting on anyone for buying it, i can understand why someone in jacksonville would watch it. i just rarely if ever would see the need for it. maybe once or twice a year will i see a game on that is not shown in area that i would want to see.

and when i lived outside of the new york area i used a slingbox to view the games taht werent on. id rather give them a little bit of money than the nfl at this point.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Is there any possible way to pay for individual games online? Looking at next years schedule, im going to potentially miss 5 Jets games and be forced to watch Patriots games instead. (which isnt that bad because im interested to see if they are losing and whatnot but id much rather watch Jets games). Im just kinda tired of watching laggy streams....

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The way I see it is I would drop at least $200 in two Sundays at a bar if I didn't have the ticket. Then you have to worry about the trip home. It's well worth it IMO.

20. alleycat9

would you guys who are out of market rather pay for just the jets but pay 100 bucks or 75 instead of 200?