Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Some folks have the gall to think of this as part of the effect of global warming.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And the forecast for this weekend for North Jersey:

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 65.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.

I cant remember anything quite like this but Im sticking with my gut that you always have to pay the piper..and a storm will happen before Spring has truly sprung. UPDATE: and I just checked the long range models..and there is not a thing there..nada..nothing..going all the way out to March 24th.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Science is bad...

The good news is this hot winter seemed to help the jobs numbers (construction)...

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

To all those who still want snow:
    [YOUTUBE]JfUM5xHUY4M[/YOUTUBE]

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, yesterday I was out doing the yard work and decided it was finally time to put the snowblower away for the summer. I drained most of the gas out, put in the Stabil and ran it for about 20 mins until the gas ran out. Let it cool, covered it up, and now getting ready to bring my boat home out of storage for the fishing season.

Gotta give Jay an "A" for effort but this was the winter that was not to be for alot of the eastern US. Better luck next winter as from what I've read, it supposed to level set from this winter.

Bring on the Spring. Time to get outside and have some fun y'all!!

#1705 Cman68, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I foresee a summer of sweating bullets

7. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

I'm in the minority... but I hate weather where I can't wear jeans and hoody.

8. jaywayne12

Incredible winter CMAN....and thanks for the A but it was actually the worst year I have ever head reading models for one simple reason...for someone that says watch the trends...I could not believe all of these long term storms never actually came to fruition. But why should they have. That early October/November storm followed by a huge warm up was the key.

It set the trend for cold then storm then warm up. Never got going. Every storm that was modeled for snow switched to rain or disappeared all the way back in early December.

REGARDLESS...BRING ON SPRING BABY!! I live in a lake community and was out there Sunday with the pole messing around with some friends.

We will keep this thread going like last year for major thunderstorm action and of course Hurricanes etc.

9. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Forecast has us in the 80's tomorrow. In Maine. In March. We have entered bizzaro world.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]PRJ99wuV1ng[/YOUTUBE]

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yeah,this is strange. I just hope that the early warm up means a decent summer,not a 100 degrees every damn day summer for us here in SC.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I was going to say this... it is craaaaaaazy... wearing a shorts and t-shirt in mid March... WTF?? lol

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

15. jaywayne12

Well....its might get even more bizarre for the state over the weekend but more towards Monday.

Very interesting storm developing over the weekend that will bring much needed heavy rain to the Mid Atlantic and SNOW...YES..SNOW...to parts of the interior north east. Some areas might get a pretty decent thumping of snow. Will keep you updated.

Oh..and we got Tebow?

16. jaywayne12

Not much details but you get the picture..and long drawn out rain event. Here is the weather for NWS for North Jersey:

Saturday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Monday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

We had an absolutely beautiful day here in NH on Monday, but now two days later its actually kinda chilly out. We could use some rain, but I will pass on the snow. Snow now is just so wrong. lol

18. cassie96

cassie96 Member

OMG!!! I love your weather reports....no matter where I am on the planet.

Today I am in sunny SoCal & I could not even drive south on the freeway in San Diego in my convertible, without having to put the windows up. (I hate that weird look...yuck!) It is toooooo friggin' cold out here. Whine, whine, whine.:chargers:

BTW....WHO messed up my pic of my hero in my av???!!! Michael Phelps body is lookin' hotter than ever for London 2012 on the TV commercials & someone made poor Mikie look like a goof ball.

19. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Hmmmm....they must have ignored "SUNNY" southern Cal....'cause it has been dreary/the fog never rolls back out to the ocean/ugly days, way too frequently.

Hope that all is well in your world...if you find anymore funny ARod/Jeter pics send them my way, por favor......hee hee hee....

20. jaywayne12

Wild storm on tap no matter where you are in the mid atlantic or Northeast. Depending mostly on elevation, some are going to get a huge snowstorm out of this. The hot area seems to be North of Pitt to Buffalo. Then your usual spots up around the Canadian border.

Where it doesnt snow its going to rain...and a ton. North Jersey seems to be the hot area for between 3 to 5 inches of RAIN. Also, very windy. Storm track goes up the coast to Delaware then cuts inland into northern PA...which is very unusual for a storm to move Northwest.

Other than that....the Rangers better score a goal or my TV is going out the window.

#1720 jaywayne12, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012