Community is back on March 15th, NBC, 8 pm.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

2. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

i can stare at those tits all night long.

3. VanderbiltJets

Now you know what I'm going to talk about next... TOASTER OVEN!

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Great change of pace episode. Went back to a simple community setting. The Shirley/Jeff combo is great. Annie/Britta doesn't happen very often and Dean with Troy/Abed/Annie was great.

SPOILER (just in case)

I'm guessing Troy's message to Britta from blade was his true feelings for Britta? So when Britta called Blade a loser, it hit Troy hard. But then Britta learnt it was them texting them and Britta didn't go back to Blade at the end, Troy smiled? That was my take. And Jeff's speech was about himself and what he wanted to be but he can't be

5. VanderbiltJets

I didn't get Inception... I. Didn't. Get. Inception.

6. displacedfan

I don't know what to think. I feel like I will appreaciate this episode more once I see what comes from it. Its amazing how community can have such a serious episode but so many funny moments.

The end tag was great. They keep on resuing the daybreak song

7. chadedward

chadedward New Member

The Dean really out did himself last night.

8. VanderbiltJets

Jim Rash is way too funny. The show's starting to get back on track again -- IMO the hiatus made the show different in a very bad way.

9. displacedfan

I went back to look at the episodes after the break, and the last two have been really good emotionally. You had Jeff's speech and then what Abed thinks. I now agree with you more on the thought bubbles and graphics.

Hers is a quick recap of the episodes from my perspective:

Marriage episode: Very well done, nice way to come back, Abed/Troy being "normal" was great and definitely a call out to what Harmon and the writers were doing that episode

Impersonator episode: not very good for Community standards. It lets you into how Abed thinks, but in a poor way. Still better than 99% of normal sitcom though.

Pillow/Blanket part 1: Iffy on this one. Love the Subway/Britta line, like the Shirley/Pierce team, liked the ending setting up the war. Reading what I wrote, a good episode not iffy.

Pillow/Blanket part 2: This was a love it or hate it episode. The first part before the first commerical break started slow, but then it picked up and it was nice to see Jeff actually go get the hats.

Blade episode: Loved the Deans half hearted attempt to get Troy about AC, love everyone calling out Dean for being in Abed/Troy/Annies place. Liked Jeff's speech and Chang/Pierce being together for small doses. Ended in typical Community fashion, except it was a Winger speech that Winger actually believed in.

Dreamatorium episde: I think this is another love or hate. I have watched this twice already and loved it both times. I sat through the episodes and thought wow this episode is only Annie/Abed when I realized that Jeff/Shirley/Pierce/Britta/Troy were being played by their actual actors acting like Abed was playing them. I thought this was an amazing episode in sitcom, and it told Abed's story and pushed forward why Abed may seem like a jerk sometimes. I thought it was amazing.

10. displacedfan

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER(highlight to read):

Tomorrow's Community episode is Law and Order and supposedly a character dies, not one of the actual group though

SPOILER ABOVE, READ AT OWN RISK

11. VanderbiltJets

Spoiler.
    Spoiler.
    Spoiler.
    Spoiler.
    Spoiler.

You are correct. Star Burns is dead.

12. displacedfan

I don't watch much of the show they mocked, but I enjoyed it. Weird to see what happened at the end, very sudden and random

13. VanderbiltJets

How one-armed was he? Tell me when to stop.

14. VanderbiltJets

They mocked Law and Order wonderfully-- the overcoat/scarf combo worn by Abed and Troy, the hot dog near the construction site, the interrogation room -- so many funny references.

15. VanderbiltJets

The Dean singing a parody of "Come on, Eileen". I'm loving this episode

"Power to enact Martial Law... Indefinite detention... Pepper spray... Involuntary cavity searches... No soft serve!"

16. VanderbiltJets

"Hold my calls, I have to make an outfit."

17. displacedfan

Im going to watch the most recent now on Hulu, and before the show there was an ad for Law and Order. Good product placement or a coincidence, either way I found it funny after the episode 2 weeks ago

Jim Rash is great at Dean Pelton. "Going to have give bad news to Jeff's study group, what outfit should I wear"

"Lets burn this mother to the ground!" "Helter Skelter!"

#77 displacedfan, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  18. displacedfan

What a great episode. "The Greendale 7". I think there is one episode next week and then the finale is on May 17th with 3 episode in one night.

19. displacedfan

So NBC still has not released which comedies they are keeping in their Thursday night lineup. From what I have read the most likely thing is that Community gets a short order of episodes so half a season or less or it is cancelled. They can get a full season which would be great ending since college=4 years and let a proper ending happen.

Parks and Rec is supposedly in the same situation as Community. I believe The Office is safe for a full 9th season and NBC is leaning towards giving 30 rock a full season,

All my speculation is coming from just googling and basically links on r/community

20. displacedfan

This episode is crazy. no idea what is happening. Community is very good at weaving a story with laughs