Alright, I give. Tebow is already a giant pain in the ass. I think I hate him.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Following the principle that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, and knowing the Jets as we do, the simplest explanation is this was a Woody Johnson Special, and designed to distract from the Giants, again, winning the SB, to also get some more interest in unsold psl's from Tebots, to sell merchandise, to most of all remain "relevant" in the NYC market, and also because Woody quite obviously is an attention whore who knows less about football than my dog.

The question "what were they thinking?" is not the real question. What they were thinking is what Woody was thinking.

The real question is how long do Jet fans have to put up with Woody.

2. GB#15

GB#15 New Member

It will be funny when he is starting for the Jets, and you guys will have to cheer for him !!!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I just figured out what GB stands for.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Very good , intelligent, rational response. We just do not agree on Tebow's potential, that is all. That is where the disconnect is.

5. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Yay. This has turned into yet another Tebow flame-war. Hey look at the bright side. At least most of the more intelligent posters on this forum have flocked to fight the flamers in my thread as opposed to some of the others. The thread is sort of the creme de Tebow shit-show if you will. Very classy.

Thanks so much to whichever moderator moved my thread from the general discussion into Tebowmania. Your efforts are well appreciated. Not.

You just had to make sure to drown the baby in the bathtub. In case there was any chance at all that this could have gone vaguely in the direction I'd hoped when I put a decent amount of thought and effort into creating it. Just had to make sure there was absolutely no chance of that occurring. Quite generous.

#125 PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Maybe I should just take ukilledkenny's advice and get the hell out of here and everywhere that's talking about the Jets for a few weeks. Insanity reigns right now and is sucking the life out of any possible useful Jets discussion. As if there weren't enough obstacles to that end already.

Shit already is real. Maybe I should have written it like that instead of going for the dramatic finish.

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

I dont think its fair to say most jets fans are "vapid"...they are just frustrated

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

either ur his agent... or this is some "Christian" thing isn't it?

9. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

myself i like Christ just dont care for many of His "disciples"...

The Religious Right = The American Taliban

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

I'd say vapid is fair and then some.

If I only had a dollar for everytime some random Jet fan said/screamed something that made me want to wring their neck....I'd have many dollars.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'm around every day I just don't read much about the Jets right now and what I do read I don't really take in like I normally do. Between the debacle of last season and all ths Tebow craziness it is just difficult to deal with right now. To me is easier to put my energy ino things that I enjoy instead of trying to swim upstream.

If you can't help yourself in regards o the Jets I like to identify a thread or two where the conversation doesn't make me hate humanity and stick to only looking at those.

12. PolygamyWinsChampionships

It's kind of a shame too. I'm not trying to say I came up with the most brilliant thing of all time or anything but I thought I made a cool and entertaining OP that people could read and enjoy that could lead to lots of open ended possibilities to talk Mark Sanchez. Even changes to the offense and offensive philosophy, or how Tebow affects the Jets and whether we'll want him on our team after this year in some capacity. Effective ways to implement him into the Mark Sanchez led offense.

Nope...here's Tebow's nuts....let's plop them in everybody's mouth now and always.

They seem to think just because they want Tebow in every gay way imaginable that somehow the rest of the world simply must want that as well. This has to be the most annoying fan base for a single player in the entire sports world. I'm having trouble thinking up who could possibly even be 2nd and nothing comes to mind.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I hope this will die down eventually and it will just be a football team again. The only way that can happen is for football to be played and both guys to have success.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I don't get it. What's the big deal? Welcome to the Internetz.

Your thread title says you hate Tebow, your first post calls him Jesus and basically denigrates anyone that thinks he might be competitive to Sanchez.

And I mean, that's fine -- strong opinions and mockery are par for the course. But I don't get all the crying that seems to imply the thread was hijacked, when it's basically chum in the water.

Don't jump in the pool and then be surprised that it's wet.

15. PolygamyWinsChampionships

I mean, that's fair, but I also tried to originally post it in the Jets forum. I didn't really see the discussion going that way. Obviously I thought it could turn into a Tebow hijack but I hoped it would stay put and go towards some interesting discussion.

Instead it was just another shit show. I think that my last post, not unlike the first post, is a trumpeted up assessment of very real negative circumstances. You just can't have many interesting Jets discussions on here right now without it turning into Tebow nonsense from discussion insiders or outsiders. It's just kind of a sad state of affairs.

I agree that football needs to be played before normal life has any hope of resuming.

16. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I'm pretty much an atheist and could care less about religion. That's the issue with some of you. You can't possibly take off the blinders and understand some of us like Tebow for his actual football and performance.

17. DFW_Jet

DFW_Jet New Member

Tebow could be like Moses. He'll part the locker room and the fan base as if it was the Red Sea.

Great thread btw.

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Only until everyone sees this while he's wearing a green and white uniform.
    [​IMG]

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I could careless about his religion. All I do care about is his performance and what I've seen so far he is garbage as a QB.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Don't know what to tell you. Learn more about football, quarterbacks and offenses and pay attention? Because he's not garbage. Watch some college football. Read up on different offensive philosophies. Or you can wait 2-3 years until ESPN can figure out a watered down version of explaining it to you so you can understand it when half the NFL will be chasing for the next Tebow, Newton, RG3 and Luck. Be glad you have someone that's poised to take the reigns before a large portion of the NFL transitions to that and you are ahead of the game.

#140 whichfan, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012