Anyone seen the new Unis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LGENF, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Subculture or subspecies. Who's to say?

2. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Wut, a slim fit raincoat for $250?

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Just ordered a Revis Road jersey for $20 , guess I'll go the China route for the Tebow Jersey.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What route did you go for Revis, the Bangladesh route?

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

reebok jerseys were all on sale for $20

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Crab people craaaaab people

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Are you people football fans or fashion designers? I mean, who really cares about the stitching or the collar or the where the logo is? And why do the Jets jerseys need a makeover? Why the need for a third jersey except to have all of you who are jersey crazy spend more money? And what does any of this have to do with winning football games?

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

from jetsshop.com?

I was looking last night and they only had Revis toddler sizes.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Got my girl a reebok Sanchez Premier for $35 from jetsshop.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

What the hell is going on in the shoulder area!? What a mess they've made! Too bad Adidas didn't win the job, they make sick jerseys.

11. Some people LIKE alternate jersies. It presents a different look on gameday that can often make games stand out more in retrospect.

No one said you have to care..but what's the issue about others having a conversation about the Jets Uni's?

12. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

The bigger question is, why did he come on the thread if he doesn't care? lol

I don't mind the new Unis. I like the sleeves. I just don't like that weird collar design. It looks like the college jerseys. I think Oregon and Boise both had that at the collar. No Thanks.

Still wish we used this logo though:
    [​IMG]

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

its looks good. Onto the next topic...

14. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Fixed your post.

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56611/new-unis-packers-reject-all-changes

I passed along a link Tuesday to view the individual team pages for Nike's rollout of 2012 NFL uniforms. If you scrolled over to the Green Bay Packers' page, you saw this note: "The Green Bay Packers have chosen to stay with their traditional design aesthetic as well as their former uniform fabrication for the coming season."

[+] Enlarge
    Green Bay PackersJoe Faroni/ESPNThe Packers kept things the same with their new Nike uniforms.
    What exactly does that mean? I sought some clarity from the Packers, and here's what I can tell you:

Most team uniform styles were changed in subtle ways. For example, the Detroit Lions have a duller version of gray on their pants. Some teams have new-look collars. The Chicago Bears moved their television numbers from the sleeves of the jerseys to the shoulders.

The Packers allowed absolutely no changes to their classic look, not even the most simple alteration in color or shade. The only difference is the Nike logo, according to spokesman Aaron Popkey.

The Packers also decided against using the new technology Nike introduced as part of this transition, including a different fabric that is purported to be lighter, especially when wet. But that issue could be revisited after the 2012 season. "We are open-minded on that aspect," Popkey said.

The Packers were among a handful of NFL teams to reject the new trappings of the uniform change. Your responses were mostly supportive, from what I could see. Via Twitter, @matsonscotty wrote: "packers unis didn't change at all. Just as it should be." Many of you agreed.

But a handful were hoping for a fresh look. @Whiledayes wrote: "It's upsetting no NFCN teams took the leap [Seattle] did. Thought this was a game about fwd progress."

None of us should have been expecting the Packers would make significant changes to their uniforms, and frankly we shouldn't be surprised to hear they rejected every single possibility. The Packers have gotten a bit more corporate in recent years, but let's not get crazy here. For now, people who wanted to change will have to be happy with newly colored shoes and cooler gloves.

Related: Paul Lukas has a detailed breakdown of each team's changes on his Uni Watch blog.

16. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

On what site? I was looking yesterday and the only ones that were $20 were the really outdated shitty ones like Favre. All the others were around $60. If I can get $20 jerseys for current players I'd love to know where...

No way I'll ever spend $250 on a fucking Nike jersey - $100 is way to much for a knockoff too. These people are crazy.

18. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I don't think they actually changed the shade of green used; the reason it looks so drab in some of those pictures is due to the lighting

19. DFW_Jet

DFW_Jet New Member

The lighting doesn't help. Aside from the v-neck thing and the logo patch, I think they played it safe. Would have been cool to change it up a little, or at least get a cooler alternative jersey. The Titans thing is... bleh.. maybe a alternative black and green color scheme with the logo from the 80's.

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I went by Modell's on 42nd today and all they had was a crappy selection of the new Nike stuff. Then I went over to the Jets Shop and they had a ton of Reebok stuff on sale. I picked up two Wilson premier jerseys (one for me and one for my brother) for $40 each and a Greene replica for $20. The Reebok t-shirts are $10 and the hoodies are $30. Most of the sizes are XXL and XXXL but I was able to dig around and find a couple smaller ones. Might as well take advantage unless you really can't live without the Nike swoosh...