Anyone seen the new Unis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LGENF, Mar 25, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I'm surprised there's all this back-and-forth; they made very few changes for the Jets compared to some other teams' uniforms (i.e. Seahawks).

2. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

They didn't make many changes, but the ones that they did make are all pretty bad. Their not awful but they're not as good as they were. Too bad. I wish it didn't have to be one of the mega-companies that made all of the apparel. At would be nice if there was more than one company in on the contract but I realize they'll probably never do that.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I like the cleats.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Worst.Investment.Ever.

6. reverseapachemaster

How fast can I get a Wayne Hunter jersey???

7. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

umm nike just cant change teams uniforms without the approval of the teams. Seattle new uni's are actually nice. the lime green fits the theme of the Pacific Northwest

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

To each their own. I liked the white cleats better with our uniforms. Herm introduced black cleats in 2002 and they've never looked right to me, we have no black in our getup. White cleats FTW imo.

If those cleats were green on white I'd like them too. Whatever. Glad they didn't butcher the jerseys.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why the push for a change? I think the Jets jerseys are fine just the way they are and am glad there were no significant changes. And the whole third jersey thing is a joke. Green at home, white on the road.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha these guys are killing me, 100 bucks for a knockoff jersey... 250 for a real one. i am so glad i have not been suckered into the whole i have to buy a jets jersey thing.

it is interesting to see what changes are made when they are. nothing special to these but like someone else said nothing good in what they did change.

they should have built thigh and knee pads into them too, these moron wrs just refuse to wear pads.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Wait, the new Nike replicas are going to be $100? Is that a confirmation? FUCK THAT SHIT!

12. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

@damienwoody That Kelly Green w/ black in it.....that would be COLDBLOODED!!! #nyj
    I concur

13. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

I think I'll take an out of date cheap jersey over an overpriced new one. That's insane.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Nauseating.
    Makes me yearn for the Titan Uni's.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is what they should look like, they've murdered the shoulders over the years. WTF happened there?

[​IMG]

16. deeznuts21

deeznuts21 Member

I also was hoping/waiting on a new design for our jerseys (Preferably a more intimidating look). Although in the back of my mind I had a feeling they would keep the traditional green and white ... BOOO!!! They could have incorporated a new look and kept our traditional colors in there somehow ... BOOO!!!

On the bright side .. It was pretty awesome that they changed providers as the old Reebok jerseys went on clearance for $20 ... CROWD ROAR!!! and since no significant changes were made .. now I don't have to really worry on getting the new Nike version at higher prices... CROWD ROAR!!!

17. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

I hope the nike jersey sales plummet. How did they let this crap get released?

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You are probably like me in that you don't notice or care about some of the minor details in uniforms.

Let me tell you that some people notice/obsess over the most minor details. I learned just how crazy some people can get going to madden forums for years. There are some people who spend more time tweaking their players uniform appearance than actually playing football on Madden. It is a subculture I don't quite understand but they are a very vocal subculture.

19. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

To me it looks like they ate a jelly doughnut and got powder sugar all over the collar. WTF?

20. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I'm not really sure why they made the main color so drab. Maybe they are trying to make it like army fatigues or something. I think if they should make the main color the one on the shoulder stripe and make the insert / stretch fabric part black.

I'm gonna need to see what they look like on the field before I judge them further. Almost every picture it looks different.