Hard Knocks 2.0?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrebet Fo' Ever, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

#61 Chrebet86, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Same here. Considering the lack of meaningful real life battles in the world, the secrecy and hypocrisy surrounding it all, it is kind of the ultimate battleground for men to keep up with. I think that's a big part of why people love it.

Character, honor, loyalty, chivalry, warriors, winning, consistency, generals, discipline, women, etc, etc...all those things are still very much part of the NFL. And each franchise has their own approach. That doesn't really exist anymore in the real world, does it? Every franchise has the opportunity to become its own empire by the choices and decisions they make and people they choose and it all plays out very much like a medieval battle. I love it.

3. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

im down. should be much better than the last one. no shotty, no wasting time on the revis contract and mark sanchez vs tim tebow lol

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

yea instead of the revis contract bs, itll be them following tebow around NY gettin ice cream cones

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

bunk him with sanchez and thats gold. we can see things like when tebow is trying to pray and go to sleep, mark is banging kate upton

6. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yeah they just win sb's

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

no b/c they have too much class and take care of business on the football field not the circus

8. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

more pitied

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

I like the idea again ... Gives the guys a chance to watch themselves as well and get to see how we the fans see them. Couldnt make the locker room any worse only positives.

10. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

what the bloody hell are you talking about?!

11. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If all they show is Tebow crossing himself every time Rex curses it will be a good watch.

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

if you really think about it, this team should be concetrating on playing football and not with the media circus.

this just convinces me more than ever that woody was behind this move for the merchandise sales and media hype!

playing football should be foremost on the teams agenda, not appearing on hard knocks!

#72 joesmoe39, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  13. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

have to agree. it's a different team now and going on hard knocks now is not for the same reason they did it then.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hard knocks doesn't effect your ability to play good football. It's good entertainment for fans like me.

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Uhm...Football.

16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I definitely agree. Also, where did you get your avatar from?

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

the Steelers? seriously?

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes, they all have class which is why they all have more off field problems than the "classless" Jets including those original 3 you mentioned.

I'm so sick of the class garbage, people act like the Jets are being arrested, are a dirty team and a losing team. The jets have been one of the best AFC teams the past decade, the Jets are the only team in the NFL to reach 2 title games in the last 3 years, the Jets are WINNERs who had a "bad" year at 8-8. A year so bad half the teams in the league would love to have a bad year at 8-8.

I guess we should have the class of the Giants who have players whining about contracts, saying they want to play for rex, a HC who is always scapegoating others when things to don't go well, an owner who mocks the Jets when they win(and is gutless when they lose), are devoted to a crackhead rapist, one of their players shot themselves(didn't hear any issues about Plax here, did you?), they have many more arrested players than the jets have had in the last decade, etc...

Who cares about class? just win, the giants won and congrats to them. That is all that matters, Hard Knocks is a great show and the Jets smashed ratings records while being so distracte dthey were a few points away from the Super Bowl. last year w/ no such distraction they were 8-8. If we win it's great, if we lose it will be called a distraction. It's all about W's and L's and I don't care if our HC is sniffing feet on the sidelines as long as win.

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

well said, and hell even if we are classless we sure are entertaining. id rather be that than have class and be boring to watch

20. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Love the show...have NO problem with the Jets being on it again.

How pumped up were you guys the last time the Jets were on that show, in the final episode, when Revis walked out on the practice field and led the team in a chant...

I was ready to tackle somebody.