2012 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Mar 23, 2012.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Cant make my pick at the moment but will have it before my time is up no worries

2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

My San Fran is done

Rd 1 - Kelechi Osemele, G/T, Iowa State
    Rd 2 - Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
    Rd 3 - Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisana-Lafayette
    Rd 4 - Kheeston Randall, DT, Texas
    Rd 5 - Eugene (T.Y.) Hilton, WR Florida International
    Rd 6 - Christian Thompson, S, South carolina State
    Rd 7- Rokevious Watkins OT, South Carolina

Strangely my favorite picks ended up being in the later rounds. Osemele was probably a reach in round one, and I could probably make the case with McNutt. I knew I wanted two wide outs for the 49ers even with Moss and Manningham. I liked the Bentley and Randall pick, I think both can see time right away. TY Hilton is good for the slot and can KR if Ginn goes down. Thompson and Watkins are basically just developmental guys

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

KC is done. I think things fell to them nicely.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Rd 1 - David DeCastro, G, Stanford
    Rd 2 - Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    Rd 3 - Ben Jones, C, Georgia
    Rd 4 - Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
    Rd 5 - Duke Ihenacho, S, San Jose State
    Rd 6 - Kevin Kroger, TE Michigan
    Rd 7 - Eddie Whitley, S Virginia Tech
    Rd 7 - Marquise Maze WR, Alabama

I love that I was able to rebuild the interior of both lines for them. DeCastro and Jones will really help them get back to being a power running unit. With Hillis in the fold from FA They should be back up among the leaders in carries this year. Ta'amu is the presence they need inside for a 34. Strictly a two down run stuffer, but with gregg retiring they needed a infusion of talent at the nose to keep the defense working. I think Poe is going to be drafted far too high for his production. Cousins is a developmental guy that should put some scare in to Cassles right now. I add depth to S and TE in 5 - 7. Kroger should have time to develop behind Moeaki and Boss. Maze was a late addition. Gives them Special teams depth and a quality leader. May be able to develop as a slot guy over time.

All in all, if they can get a haul like this early on I think KC stands a fighting chance in the west. They already have the skill positions covered and need a good draft in the trenches.

#703 Harpua, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

And the ravens finished this morning as well.

BALTIMORE RAVENS, HARPUA

Rd 1 - Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    Rd 2 - George Iloka, S, Boise State
    Rd 3 - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin
    Rd 4 - Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State
    Rd 5 - Kyle Wilbur, DE/OLB Wake Forest
    Rd 5 - Malik Jackson, DE Tennessee
    Rd 6 - Cory Harkey, TE, UCLA
    Rd 7 - Markus Zusevics, OT - Iowa

The Ravens went a little different for me than the Chiefs. I had Konz penciled in from the get go. Best player available and biggest position of need. After that I may have reaced a little in the next two rounds to get "my guys" for thier needs. Iloka could last into the third, but not to the end on draft day. His mobility for a man of his size makes him very intriguing at saftey. Perhaps over drafted a little but should be able to run with the new monster TE's in the NFL and cover them and make plays on the ball. Toon is another that may fall to the 4th, but I like his size and speed. He's replacing Lee Evans as the #3 guy this year. A good spot for him to learn his carft with some reps. Hillman adds quality depth behind Rice. He'll see a good number of snaps this year if he can get his pass blocking assignments down. Jackson is a guy I have a late 3rd/early 4th round garde on. He'll be a rotational guy right away for the. Harkey is a blocking TE and Zus a developmental OT. His injury at the combine during the bench should kill his stock because he may not be able to go year one, but I think long term he has potential.

I like both my drafts. Two of my top draft crushes are in them with DeCastro and Ilkola. I think I was able to fill both teams needs more than
    adequately. Good job to everyone for keeping this rolling along quickly!

#704 Harpua, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

According to the draft order, you still have one more pick with the Chiefs (and you're OTC right now).

6. casman02

casman02 New Member

If you take the number 1 guy on my board after thinking you are done, [​IMG]

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yea saw that and picked my top guy. Don't know how I missed it lol.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This is sweet. I really like Iloka but not in the second round. Toon and Hillman are great pick and Konz should be able to step in right away

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Tahnks!

Thats the ting with Iloka. I think a lot of people like him in the third. The Ravens sitting at the end of the round have to take him in the second or trade back up, so I went after the guy I wanted for them early. :)

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You Really made the 9ers 5 deep at wide out with this draft. Even is Moss flames out they have good depth there now. They don't have a ton of holes so I think you did well for them and thier depth.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

My first draft here on TGG and Im done with the Titans-

TENNESSEE TITANS

Rd 1 - Nick Perry, DE, USC
    Rd 2 - Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
    Rd 3 - Sean Spence, LB, Miami
    Rd 4 - David Molk, C, Michigan
    Rd 5 - Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
    Rd 6 - DeQuan Menzie, CB, Bama
    Rd 7 - Eddie Pleasant, S Oregon

My main goal was to really help out the front 7 of the defense for the Titans because there’s was pretty terrible. Nick Perry in the 1st added a very good passrusher that has a very high ceiling. He may have been somewhat of a reach, but only by a few picks. Even with WImbley added in FA, they still need help to get to the QB.

Brandon Thompson is one of my favorite picks for the Titans. He anchors the line and would allow for the DE’s and LB’s to have a one on one battle.

Sean Spence is a baller and solidifies a young LB core for the future with Ayers, McCarthy (who played next to Spence at Miami) and now Spence.

David Molk is one of the underrated Centers because he doesnt have great size, but he can play football and is a great teammate and leader. I think he is a great fit for the Titans and their zone scheme that will allow him to compete for the starting spot day 1.

With the injury to Kenny Britt last year, the Titans needed some help/insurance at the WR position. Jones has some question marks, but he has very good potential that once had him projected in the 2nd round.

Menzie and Pleasant provide needed secondary depth and could help contribute in year 1 (especially Menzie with the departure of Finnegan).

Overall, I like my draft. I think I really solidified the Titans front 7 and provided a lot of depth across the board. I really enjoyed participating in the draft this year and I learned a TON! Nice job to all the GM’s!

12. casman02

casman02 New Member

CAROLINA PANTHERS, CASMAN02

Rd 1 - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    Rd 2 - Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
    Rd 4 - Josh Norman, Cb, Costal Carolina
    Rd 5 - Demario Davis, LB, Arkansas St
    Rd 6 - Frank Alexander, DE Oklahoma
    Rd 6 - Chris Owusu, WR Stanford
    Rd 7 - Chase Ford, TE Miami
    Pretty happy with how my Carolina draft turned out.

I know that most mocks have the Panthers going DT in the first, but I feel that the top 7 or so DTs are so close that I could probably grab one in the second. Reiff’s versatility was a major plus in my eyes. Carolina’s current Tackles are Jordan Gross who is getting up there in age and Jeff Otah who has spent a lot of time on the IR. Reiff would come in and play RT and Carolina would move Otah inside. Eventually Reiff would take over at LT.

In the second, I was happy Worthy was still there. He has first round talent, dropped because of motor questions. He should complement Carolina’s scheme well and complete the trio of young DTs in Carolina with McClain and Fua.

Norman was one of the players who helped himself the most this offseason. He is an excellent press man corner with ball hawk ability and is not afraid to tackle. He could be starting for Carolina before the midpoint in the year.

Davis is another small school prospect with a very high ceiling. At the combine, he was near the top of LBs in most events. He would provide depth at both OLB and ILB for Carolina and eventually take over for the oft injured Thomas Davis. I have seen 2 sites that rank him within the top 100 so I was very happy to snag him in the 5th.

Alexander was pretty good at Oklahoma and has an excellent motor. I am hopeful that he would be able to crack Carolina’s rotation and add another pass rusher across from Johnson. He may not be an every down player, but he should be able to get after the QB.

Owusu and Ford were both potential picks. I believe Owusu could have been a much earlier pick if he did not come with injury concerns. If he can overcome them, he will be an excellent deep threat for Cam and open up some additional things over the middle for Smith. Ford could be a little bit of a project, but he has a ceiling that is among the highest for TEs. He has great hands and upside. He will be able to learn from Olsen while developing for the future.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Anyone have Sir's board (Steelers)??

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My first 7 rounder here, I really was educated quite well to the point that I really feel like I know who I want the Jets to take and who I want them to avoid. I had the Bears, Chargers and ended up taking over for the Cardinals midway through. The Bears are done and this was the result.

Rd 1 - Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech
    Rd 2 - Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
    Rd 3 - Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
    Rd 4 - Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State
    Rd 5 - Phillip Thomas, S, Syracuse
    Rd 6 - Desmond Wynn, G Rutgers
    Rd 7 - Shawn Loiseau, LB Merrimack

I neglected the OL but feel I really added some big time offensive weapons for Cutler. I really like Hill and think he'll be a good #2 behind Marshall. It doesn't appear that Knox is going to be healthy due his injury so I felt adding a WR early was important. Looking back Charles was a reach and maybe could have added interior OL help there. The same could be said of Cole but we needed LB depth. I think we also got a potential steal and definate sleeper in Loiseau.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Hebron Fangupo DT, BYU..............already draft..RD 5

Try again...PM sent,

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Codegreen signed off, he has till 5:44 to make his re-pick.

17. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

My bad my bad, fixed it. Carry On

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Sorry Ive been off all day guys. Ive been extremely busy at work.

I believe I am done with all my drafts but should be available now to help whoever out with their boards. Ill be posting my comments about my drafts later on.

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Seems the 7th round has really, really slowed down. Doesn't have the same urgency as the previous round.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I've been waiting almost a whole day to make that final Chargers pick. If it comes after 8:30 PM East Coast I won't be around.