Try to trade? Or wait for cap casualtie/s?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Mar 26, 2012.

1. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

1st point, keller is being over rated by you, nobody would give up a starting right tackle for a one way tightend. hernandez he is not!

2nd point, i never said cro sucks, he's perfect for what the jets use him for, other teams maybe not. but cap hit removes him from trading anyway!

3rd mauga? LOL could find ten mauga's in the late rds.

fact is, tanny sucks! for what the chiefs paid eric winston, tanny should have been all over him the moment he was released. marcus mcneil should have already been in for discussions. ducass? don't make me laugh. he's a bust, hasn't done squat and if was capable, would have shown better than what he has up to now!

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

wasn't directed at you at all. was referring to the poster. gesh, sensitive are we?

3. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

With 7.7 mil. in cap space minus 5 mil. for our draft picks leaves us with 2.7 mil. Thats not very much. How does contract escalaters work against the cap. If it goes against this years cap we may not have any cap space. Keller is in the last year of his contract. What team is going to give us any quality unless they can negotiate a new contract with him. Not impossible, but difficult.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Draft picks won't cost 5 million. Maybe half that. Maybe nothing depending on who gets cut to make room for them.

5. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at how many comp picks we have, probably because it was an unknown for so long. Anyway, I answered those other questions. He's definitely not terrible at pinning deep, otherwise I would have no stats to quote when I said he doesn't necessarily need to be replaced. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities to draft a P just saying I personally would have that pretty low on the totem pole considering our need for depth and Conley's at least above average year.

6. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

What is his ranking for pinning inside the 10? Not the 20. I'm guessing it's one of the lowest in the league.

7. Chrebet Fo' Ever

Considering the Jets renewed emphasis on a ground and pound, ball control offense plus our usually solid D a good punter is really a key component and 'average' doesn't really cut it. Especially since from what I saw Conley was terrible - minimal power, not great at pinning it deep. If Westhoff + Tanny are confident a great punter is available at the end of the 6th we should take one with one of our comp picks.