Rex's Plan WILL work

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rex2009, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

Tebow is not as bad passer as the media and talking head guys would have you believe. If you look at strict passing percentage it looks bad but there were a lot of reasons for that. He made many deep passes which are lower percentage throws. His receivers on average dropped 2-3 more than other teams. He rarely had quick short passes called which improves your passing percentage. They almost always ran twice and threw on third down, highly predicatble. I urge you to look up the Tebow Time special run on NFL network. Some of the passes he made in the end of those games during Denver's win streak were very accurate in places where only the WR could make a play. In general he throws 2-4 really awful passes a game. a couple more than most other QBs in NFL. Maybe only one more than Sanchez on average. Some improvement in his foot work would help or maybe not. Only time will tell. One should also consider that in all those comebacks he did not make a mistake to lose those games. How many times do you see a team blow a comeback attempt because QB throws a pick or fumbles it. He will never be a Manning type passer but I think he will be better. He should work great in the Wildcat role and could help the Jets win if Sanchez gets hurt or has a horrible year. Having watched all of Denver and Jets games last year I think the Jets are a far better team but Denver has some real good young players which may even that out eventually.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are either ignorant about the way Denver's D went through their season or think Jet fans are incapable of understanding the facts.

The facts are that Denver's D had its season ranking affected quite adversely by some early season losses. In the games Denver won last year, their D was actually quite good.

After all Denver may have won their division, but it was still only an 8-8 record, so you would expect that their D faltered at times. But their D was much better than their O with Tebow in there. So anyone here who wants to say it was Denver's D, compared to their O, that held them back, has no cred in my book.

3. Big Blocker

This must set a record for most stupid excuses contained in a single paragrah.

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

I believe the Tebot poster called whichfan has recited this litany of Tebow excuses ad nauseum already, but since I'm a Bills fan, I'll remind you that my Bills, despite their shitty pass defense last season, embarrassed Timmy and the Donkeys to the tune of 40-14, including 4 INTs, including 2 for pick sixes. So much for Timmy being sooooo great at avoiding turn overs.

I'll also remind you that Tebow and the Donkeys lost 3 straight regular season games to end the season and 4 of their last 5 games. The only game they won was against a crippled Stillers team. Plain and simple, Timmy's been exposed on film, and his future as a starting NFL QB is not looking good because he is fundamentally a bad passer.

As for Ryan's "plan" to use the WC extensively, sort of a dual QB system, good luck with that. Again, gimmicks only work in the NFL until teams figure it out, and then it's pretty much curtains except against crappy teams.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

And that works both ways. We are installing not one but 2 new offenses that both have to be installed and practiced every single week. What gives Offenses the advantage is they have the ball and create a reaction. Execution is critical in winning that battle. Execution is a result of preperation.

This doesn't only complicate matters for the D it complicates matters for both of our offenses.

6. Big Blocker

Add to that the fact that many here criticized the Jets for running an O that was too complicated BEFORE the trade for Tebow.

7. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

This is a good point, and probably a big reason why dual-QB systems have rarely worked, even on the collegiate level. The key to running any offense is execution, but that's especially critical in simplified offenses where there's less disguise because of fewer plays. I thought, originally, that's why Sparano was brought in, to simplify the offense to make it work better.

Including a base wildcat set and a few play variations off it that's intended to be used < 5 times a game is one thing. Creating an offense that accommodates 2 totally different styles of QBing by two QBs is something else entirely. Maybe an "offensive genius" OC could pull something like this off, but nothing in Tony Sparano's career indicates that he has either the experience or the talent in designing/creating offenses to do it.

Furthermore, as other posters have mentioned, practicing the extra plays for Tebow will take away practice time from Sanchez and the main offense. With most teams, the starting QB gets virtually all of the attention leading up to game day, and the backup gets little if anything. The Jets now propose to change that percentage during the very year that the new CBA imposes new limits on the practice time players are required to put in.

8. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

9. joolander

joolander New Member

I believe if tebow was a TE he could have 10 rd receptions and be better than kellee

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

This is what John Elway said about Tebow's completion percentage:

"Your completion % is going to be decided by the way the defense is playing you. If they play you in man coverage, and have 9 in the box, and give you the deep ball, don't expect a quarterback to be a 60% passer. The best you're going to be is about 50% and it's about what you can do within that percentage."

John Elway

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Great post man. Theres so many positive things about the Tebow trade that people are missing and having other teams spend their time preparing for the wildcat is a big one. I think one of the main reasons people dislike the trade is that they want to see the Jets win the traditional way with 1 QB slinging the ball. They don't want to see Sanchez and Tebow splitting stats and winning differently.

At this point I don't care how the Jets win as long as they win. I bleed green and want nothing more than a Jets Superbowl. If that means we don't throw a single pass this season I couldn't care less as long as we are holding up that trophy in February.

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Good point, but personally I wanted a "traditional" QB to compete against Sanchez (not defending Stanton) only because comparing apples to oranges can be problematic mid-season and derail a playoff run.

13. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

How do you identify a Tebow or Jet Hater?
    It's easy actually, they never want to see a long STAT or FACT filled evaluation of:
    Coaches - Players - Systems - Actual Game Results
    =============

First off, Orton in 2010/11 went 4-14 given every advantage as the named starter.
    Tebow in 2010/11 went 8-6 + 1-1 for 9-7 with ZERO advantages and coming in cold off the bench.
    >>> They were both playing with the SAME FREAKIN' DEFENSE.
    =============

Stop comparing a raw rookie 16 start Tebow to long established veteran NFL Top QB's.
    If you want to compare the best ever NFL QB's to Tim, at least use ONLY their first 16 NFL starts,
    which is all that Tim has.
    And also compare the overall 'team' that each had at his disposal, and the offensive system, and the
    competence of the FO/coaches (3-10 + 1-4).
    Otherwise, it's an Apples to engine blocks comparison.....
    ============

Here, let me show you guys some closer to apples to apples comparisons:

Peyton left Tenn with 4 SEC Records, ZERO NCAA Records, but a lot of Tenn Vol QB records.

Of course, Vol QB records are easy to come by, since they've NEVER had a single Heisman QB in their
    entire long football history.
    * Peyton did manage to be the Citrus Bowl MVP one time though, in his 2nd Citrus Bowl...
    Manning NEVER won a mNC, nor did he win the Heisman while playing for Tenn.

Even though UF has had two other Heisman QB's besides Tebow, Tim left UF with:
    >>> 5 NCAA Records, 14 SEC Records, and 28 UF Records.
    Those include All Time Sugar Bowl Passing Records his Sr year against undefeated #3 Cincy,
    and the Sugar Bowl MVP Award.

Peyton had many more SEC college starts than Tim had, however:
    PM = 89 TD's to 33 Ints for a 2.7 to 1 Ratio
    Tim = 88 TD's to 16 Ints, for a 5.5 to 1 Ratio.

Peyton's Pass-Only SEC Career Pass Efficiency Rating = 147.1
    Tebow's Pass & Run All Time SEC Career Record Pass Efficiency Rating = 170.79

While putting up a much better Passing TD/Int Ratio than Peyton had while at UT, Tim also:

Broke Emmitt Smith's UF Rushing TD record (36) with his 37th Rushing TD in his Jr season.
    Next he broke Herschel Walkers SEC Rushing TD record (49) and finished his Sr season with a
    career total of 57 Rushing TD's.

Take that kind of a beating running the ball against SEC Defenses, and still be a better Passer than
    Peyton Manning was. ---- Do Tell!

Tebow was:
    A more productive (TD/Int Ratio) Passer than Peyton was in college.
    A more productive (Total Rushing TD's) Runner than either Emmitt or Herschel.
    The ONLY player in NCAA D-1 history to break the 20/20 TD barrier.
    He not only broke it, he SHATTERED it (32P-23R) on his way to the FIRST EVER Soph Heisman.
    * Tebow is also the ONLY 3 Time Heisman Finalist in NCAA History.

Tebow was a better QB in HS than Peyton.
    Tebow was a better QB in College than Peyton.
    Tebow was a better QB in the NFL than Peyton >>> in their first 16 NFL starts.

We'll have to wait 15-20 years to judge their entire NFL careers, but Tim already has the jump on him.
    And Tim's done it while the Donkeys sold his #1 and #2 WR's out from under him on a crappy 4-14 team.
    The El' Dim-Way donkeys did the exact opposite of giving or buying anything for Tim.

Ole Happy Feet did get an NFL record in his first season with the Colts, but it was for Rookie QB Ints.
    Eventually the Colts did manage to finally buy him 1 SB win in his 14 NFL years.
    In his 14 year 'given everything' career, Manning's TD/Int Ratio is 2 to 1.

* In Tebow's 2 split start seasons with a lockout, first 16 starts + 12 plays as a backup to Orton, he has:
    A 2 to 1 TD/Int ratio, and a 2 to 1 TD/LPF ratio, for an overall 2 to 1 TD to Turnover ratio.
    As Tim plays, gains experience, and improves, that should get a bit better, because NOBODY works harder
    to improve than Tim does.

Tebow is 9-7 for a 4-14 team and already has a record breaking Playoff win over the Steelers.
    But he can't play QB in the NFL? ---- Do Tell...... :metal:

PS
    HoF Saint John El' Dim-Way's Rookie season: (he complained 'publicly' about Tim's 47.3 comp %)
    Passing 47.5 % Pass Completions, but 7 TD's to 14 Ints with a 54.9 Pass Efficiency Rating
    Rushing 28 for 146 yds, 5.2 ypc with only 1 TD.

Sgt. Joe Friday -- "Just the facts ma'am."

Tebow doesn't 'walk on water' and he doesn't 'need' to be the starter for the Jets to be a better team in 2012. :)

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Another incoming Tebot!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about these stats, sweetpea:

L Pats 41, Donkeys 23: Tebow went 11/22/194/0/0
    L Bills 40, Donkeys 14: Tebow went 13/29/185/1/4
    L Chiefs 7, Donkeys 3: Tebow went 6/22/60/0/1

W Pitt 23, Donkeys 29: Tebow went 10/21/316/2/0
    L Pats 45, Donkeys 10: Tebow went 9/26/136/0/0

1W, 4Ls Opponents 156, Donkeys 79: Tebow went 49/120/891/3/5

That's an average of 40.8% completions, 178 yards, .6 TDs, 1.0 INTs over his last 5 games.

Who the fuck cares? Vince Young was a stud in college, too. NONE of this is relative to the NFL.

In Timmy's case, 'NFL' stands for 'NOT FOR LONG' as the stats for his last 5 games show:

1W, 4Ls Opponents 156, Donkeys 79: Tebow went 49/120/891/3/5

40.8% completions, 178 yards, .6 TDs, 1.0 INTs over his last 5 games.

John Elways was a rookie in 1983 IIRC. The game has changed just a wee bit in 28 years, sweetpea. Them's facts.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

So let me understand this. The measure you are using and the expectation you have of Tebow is that he should have gone 11-0 in his 11 starts instead of 8-5, off the bench , no OTA's , different offense, top WR traded the moment he took over but 11-0 with 120 QB rating and the team 7-24 in previous 31 games .

Got it. seems logical.

16. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Give him a break. He's a Bills fan. I can't imagine what it's like to lose 4 Super Bowls in a row. It would completely screw up all my logic too. I think you automatically go into eternal brain shock after that.

17. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

All the Tebots here are extolling Timmy's great winning streak in his first few games. I was just posting the reality that Timmy did crap once teams figured him out.

Really? Well, losing 4 Super Bowls in a row sure beats the shit outta not making the Super Bowl in 43 years -- and not having a shot in year 44 either. :lol:

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Who are you laughing at? I'm a Pats/Panthers fan. I'm pretty happy with my teams SB appearances.........and wins in the past decade.

Only a Bills fan would use terms such as "Tebots" and "figured out" in the NFL.... a sport where offenses change constantly year to year....and play calling/strategy changes week to week.

And Tebow did a lot more in his first half season as a starter than Fitzpatrick has done his entire career. But he does have a nice beard. And he did go to Harvard, so he'll probably still land a nice job after he gets run out of the NFL if he has a repeat season like he had in 2011. After all he did get a near perfect score on his Wonderlic test. Too bad that test barely has any football questions on it. Picked the wrong career if you ask me.

#58 whichfan, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You spoke to soon. Someone just posted all of Tebow's accomplishments in college to predict his success, and things like this

"First off, Orton in 2010/11 went 4-14 given every advantage as the named starter.
    Tebow in 2010/11 went 8-6 + 1-1 for 9-7 with ZERO advantages and coming in cold off the bench.
    >>> They were both playing with the SAME FREAKIN' DEFENSE."

If you wish to debunk this go for it, you do it much more elegantly than I do.

20. Big Blocker

You have no cred if you see the only variable between the 2010 Broncos and the 2011, post Orton, Broncos as Tim Tebow.

Things like injuries, trades, the effect of the HC being caught cheating and then fired mid-season, all for some reason are left out of your analysis.

And making fun of a Hall of Fame Qb, one of the best who ever played the game, seals that you are an agenda driven no cred Tebot, for sure.