1st round best available DL...2nd rd best OL.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jerseyjet0912, Mar 27, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I disagree with drafting a WR. We are a defensive, conservative running team. Why bring in a reciever, when hes not going to have as much as an impact?

Unless there is absolutely no one left to draft, I dont think we should take Floyd....

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We need a pass rusher, a pass rusher can singlehandedly wreck Brady. All these teams that hold the Patriots down all have elite pass rushers. (Cowboys, Steelers, Giants all held Brady to less than 20).

If you have a guy like Ware or Tuck you can attack Bradys biggest weakness. Bradys not scared of our CBs, cuz they arent the ones hitting him.

3. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Those teams all have elite wide receivers, too. Yeah, we're a defensive oriented team, but you have to score to win games. If teams don't at least respect the pass, you can't run the ball with consistency. That's why so many people want us to draft a WR in the first or second round, depending on the BPA.

4. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Dontari is a workout warrior and does nothing on the field. Might as well draft Gholston again. At least Vernon was somewhat productive in college if only in spurts.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Best available player in the following order, OLB, OL,FS, WR, OLB, ILB, OL, Punter, BPA, BPA, ETC ETC..
    Hopefully the first 4 selections will come to pass.

6. jgangstahippie7:18

Sounds like we are going WR after the draft.
    So wouldn't be shocked to see Edwards, or Jerome Simpson here.
    Would go
    1. OLB (OL if there is a stud still available)
    2. O-Line (OLB)
    3. SS-Iloka (Would use our 2nd on him if need be)

7. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Personally, I'd be shocked to see either one of those guys brought in. Last time I checked, we were trying to fix our locker room... not break it again. Take it for what it's worth, but the consensus on SNY last night was that there is 0 chance Braylon returns

In regard to all the draft strategies, you can't just come out and say before the draft "we need to draft a ___ in round ___ "

It's perfectly logical to say that we should draft based on need, but we have too many needs to limit our selections to one position in each round, especially the first two. You have no idea how the chips will fall come draft day, or who will be available at 16.