An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

By "coming over here" (even though this is all TGG; you don't see anyone saying "coming over here" about the BS forum or the Baseball forum), wouldn't that mean, de facto, one has no fear of being "challenged"? I know that arguing with tebow supporters is like arguing with a brickwall but that generalization isn't an absolute truth. Maybe the "regulars" are "coming over here" because they're holding out hope that more cohesively logical Tebots will eventually appear...

Or maybe because it's TGG and members can go wherever they want without having to explain themselves.

2. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Be where you're wanted, right? And i am abiding like a good citizen.

3. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

There have been plenty of logical and statistical pro-Tebow points that have been made already. You will not be dissuaded until he helps the team win games.

4. VanderbiltJets

You're incorrect. There are some not "plenty". In fact, I think I posted one of the most relevant pro-tebow stats thus far (#215 of this thread on page 11):
    [​IMG]

Also, there's a difference between a poster making one logical statement among many incorrect ones and an actually proficient poster.

#244 VanderbiltJets, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Demosthenes(?) and cowboys fan have provided multiple factual posts, you must have ignored them. and yes, i remember you posting that stat. I forget who had Tebow's 4th quarter numbers. The quarter when the brain-dead Denver staff let Tebow actually run a spread type offense by giving up on their "run up the middle first 2 downs, throw on 3rd and long, punt" offense they had been running all game.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Cool stats

7. VanderbiltJets

Can't count Cowboys Fan as a tebot; to clarify, I'm talking about tebow fans who have started following the jets post-trade. Demosthenes9 is banned (at the moment); I can't find any stats that he cited. I can only find his post 'analyzing' the Broncos entire roster as a response to the OP. Can you bump some of his stats-related posts? I would take the time to look through all of this but I'm cooking

8. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Yeah, no way im going back digging through threads. We can just agree to disagree until the season starts and this team wins games.

9. VanderbiltJets

Agreed. Hopefully (for the benefit of us both) there is little QB controversy this year and much more winning

10. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

The Jets are a more dangerous team now. Rex is a good coach, and i believe
    what coaches like Tomlin say, instead of some blowhard on ESPN trying to stir the pot.

11. VanderbiltJets

I'm interested to see how Rex handles the players post-Holmes/Sanchez spat. He needs to become less of a badass big brother and more of an NFL head coach. Gotta love Rex's mouth though, he's gonna have some priceless quotes on the QB situation this year.

Rex's biggest asset to the team is his ability to attract attention and deflect it away from players. I'm hoping he'll tell the media to F off and accept his depth chart as a Fact without questioning him. The last thing I'd wanna see is Tebow as a starter AND a subsequent firestorm from the media that overanalyzes the switch.

12. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

Yup, the NY media is a whole different ballgame. But I think if for some hypothetical reason, Tebow does get a start this year, it won't be because of the jackass media. At that point, it is either Sanchez injury or Sanchez totally regresses. BTW, i'm hoping for neither. I want them both to come out and blow away everybody from the Pats to the media.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I see it already. Should've rehearsed.

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I just find it a bit hypocritical that segregation and splitting the fan base is the answer for....combating segregation and fear of splitting the fan base.

"We don't want people coming in here talking about Tebow and not the Jets, so we decided to keep the new guys out of the Jets forum."

Pretty much adds fuel to the fire right from the start.

15. VanderbiltJets

I totally agree and didn't mean to imply it would be BECAUSE of the media. I meant that, assuming Tebow is named the starter, I'm hoping the media wouldn't question that move and inevitably call for Sanchez to be named the starter again. When it comes to NY sports teams and the media selling papers through sensationalism means more to them than accurate coverage.

16. VanderbiltJets

You're incorrect here. The biggest issue on the "regular" Jets forum page was the tebow clutter, not the tebow topic. It's a clerical issue; the Mods aren't trying to steer the direction of the conversation they're just making the board more user-friendly.

17. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

It's going to be a long wait for the season to start with all this bickering going on. I hope things calm down around here. Once the team starts winning with both QB's in action maybe we'll see some more civility here. Go JETS Go Sanchow.

18. Phear

Phear New Member

If I recall correctly, you were one of the people complaining about the mods merging the threads. Lets be real, there were way too many Tebow threads. This wasn't to segregate anyone, it was to clean up the board. Make it easier for everyone to respond to posts they made in multiple threads. instead of being critical about it, you should be appreciative.

19. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

I don't doubt it for a second.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm starting to like u at least while I was reading this.