Jets may book Braylon return

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Rider, Mar 28, 2012.

?

Would you like to see Braylon Edwards back with Gang Green?

1. Yes

248 vote(s)
    97.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not sure but I always wonder what else might be in play when someone is cut while injured in the middle of the season. He was already on IR so it wasn't for a roster spot, did they save a few bucks on his salary? I don't think so, not that late.

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I'm down. He'll have the offseason plus part of last regular season to heal. I'll take my chances. Besides, if it doesn't work, Chaz and Kerley are there as insurance.

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

[youtube]vpwC9gRC5T4[/youtube]

get it done.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LET'S BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!!!!i!

5. steves850

steves850 Active Member

As long as he is cheap and not a cancer in the locker room it seems like a win/win situation. I'm sure better football minds will make the right decision....

6. reverseapachemaster

I would be into it as long as it makes sense financially and he proves himself healthy enough to play. I thought Edwards was a good WR for the offense and Sanchez. I think he would be a good fit going forward.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Never wanted him to go, would love to have him back at a good price if his knee is good. He did so much for our offense, including help make Holmes deadly.

8. JETlife14

JETlife14 New Member

I really hope we bring Braylon back. It would make Holmes much more dangerous.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

even if hes not the same person as he used to be I think he will be better then burress IMO.

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

At the price I expect, its one of those low risk high reward moves,
    and it with a guy who has proven chemistry with this team.

Gotta at least give it a shot.

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Braylon was the model teammate here as well. He wont cost much so there's no reason not to do this unless his knee is really mangled. He just started working out again so I would think anything with him would likely need to wait until after the draft where he is in better shape and could pass a physical.

12. I'm not opposed to bringing Braylon back, but if you think he's gonna still be the player he was for the jets 2 years ago..you are in for a disappointment. the surgery will affect his deep speed. He is NOT the answer to the Jets WR woes.

13. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yes.....but because not of his ability as a WR but as an outside blocker. He will be HUGE in a ground and pound style offense for his outside protection and his great ability to throw a block down the field.

Burress could do this but he was often holding and was a step slow in his blocking due to the time off from football. Edwards may never get his great speed back but he has the technique down as far as outside blocking goes.

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

can we at least wait until hes able to go for a brisk walk without knee pain before we all jerk off about his return?

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've got no issue with Kerley. He could compete for a spot, I just don't think he should be given one because we don't go out and try to improve our options at WR.

16. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

As long as he's healthy.

17. ozrodmd

ozrodmd New Member

If he's healthy bring him on. We need more bodies but preferably functional ones.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Kerley is a fine young slot receiver for us playing on a 5th round rookie contract. He has already developed some good chemistry with Sanchez and has a great skillset and body size to be a prototypical slot receiver in this league. He also adds value in the wildcat package and on special teams. We have him for 3 more years at a discounted price.

There is absolutely no reason to try and replace him at slot receiver. We should do everything we can to keep him at slot receiver for the next 3 years.

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Ditto. Kerley was one of the few positive stories during the late season collapse last year. At the moment he's the guy I'm most excited to see break out this season.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member