All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This forum always has heated discussions. If somebody wants Star Wars cheat codes, there's a subforum for games. I don't think the influx of posters is a terribly bad thing, but this forum has already gone through the hero-worship followers of a QB in the form of Brett Favre fans and they were just as diligent and in some cases purposefully ignorant of some aspects of reality that tarnished their hero. We're seeing that lately.

You won't find too many people on this site that root for the writing on the back of the jersey, although many of us have our favorite team members. We just don't follow those guys to other teams when they leave.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sanchez is better than both, he'll remain the starter for the rest of the season if he stays healthy. I cant believe so many in the media think if Sanchez has a bad game, hes going to get pulled for Tebow. [​IMG]

3. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

All the commotion has drawn me back to this site. For the longest time, I've just been "meh" about posting under anything other than bullshit.

4. abyzmul

I can see it happening but not for reasons some people think. If Sanchez gets stale halfway through the season and the Jets are still winning, and the WC is going nicely, Rex could decide to allow Sparano to bench Sanchez for a game as a wakeup call.

Some people will say that if he needs a wakeup call then he shouldn't be the QB, but Sanchez plays up to adversity in big situations and that might be just what he needs to get on a roll heading into a playoff run.

5. red 19

red 19 New Member

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I can assure you I didnt "follow my favorite player" here. Although I do root for Tebow now, that wasnt always the case. At first, I let my dislike of the guy cloud my opinion of what he was capable of. I slowly turned into a Tebow supporter as he began making plays and playing with a noticeable fire and spark that Orton was lacking.

But lets not get confused, I am no Jet fan and I dont pretend to be. I have always been a fan of the Denver Broncos and always will. Tim Tebow just happens to be another RECENT ex Bronco who still gauges my interest. Much like Cutler, Marshall, Orton, Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal, Brodrick Bunkley etc.

For the record, I totally spaced out the whole "Favre" situation so I can see why some of you guys are a bit on edge towards new comers. That was a circus as well, and that circus didnt end as well as hoped.

6. abyzmul

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but part of it was definitely to see if you were of the fanatical breed even though you didn't seem as such, but I was responding to your reference to Tebow fans and the resultant Broncos forum exodus.

The Broncos fans had a circus come to town when Tebow was drafted, but it left. This team and it's fanbase have been in Big Top mode ever since 2008. Tebow is just the new attraction. Barnum and Bailey's unicorn, if you will.

7. red 19

red 19 New Member

I understand the whole side show issue, I really do-

8. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

I to am a background forum follower who has become very frustrated. Most of this Tebow circus has nothing to do with the X's and O's and that ok, its a big story. With that in mind the media and many of the posts here are making me crazy. At least here, unlike with the media, I can vent. Quarterback contraversy, Tebow or Sanchez, the Hey Pray Kid or the Sanchize, starting quarterback or back up, what will it be. Was it the biggest blunder in Jet history versus the second coming of the Messiah. I get it. I see a young American role model coming to our beloved Jets. To his admission he is a "football player first". He comes to us with a very rare skillset along with a unique mindset. He will be an excellent student trying to improve his quarterback skills but Imo that will be secondary to Sparano and Ryan. I have stated in a Tebow forum here before the interviews that i see him lining up under center between 3 and 5 times a game. On the other hand I see us using him as a back, as a tightend, as a slot receiver, using various motions both as a primary and a decoy. I stated that he might get into 20 plays of which 3 to 5 are going to be under center. At this point I dont see him as a threat to Sanchez. Mark controls his own destiny. These thoughts are not unique but why is it not beng commonly addressed? Am I insane. Is my football IQ running in the double digits? Please help me guys. I need to know.

9. abyzmul

[YOUTUBE]B0hZ1KKpV54[/YOUTUBE]

Excellent post, but you may want to break it up into some paragraphs for easier reading.

10. Airplane Green

Airplane Green New Member

Haha, if we exceed expectations this year. I am making a callout thread and start taking names.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's why we get people on record. This shit isn't going anywhere, we have threads resurface from years ago.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Thats so cool man

13. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

Call me a dumb ass, but I think we will go 11-5 and make the playoffs.

14. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

I'd love to see mcelroy start. What would happen if he won four super bowls? I'm kidding. We aren't that lucky. But it'd be funny.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really didn't want to start another thread for this but Ryan says Sanchez was not informed before the Tebow trade and it's interesting how he put it.

"PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Rex Ryan admitted Tuesday that Mark Sanchez's psyche was considered before the New York Jets decided to pull the trigger on the trade for Tim Tebow, but the coach made it clear the team did not solicit any input from its incumbent quarterback.

"Mark's job is to play quarterback, it's not to be the general manager,"
    said Ryan, speaking to reporters at the NFL meetings. "That's what it is. Our decisions are based on the team."

Ryan spent nearly an hour defending the trade, explaining why they made the move and insisting the Sanchez-Tebow dynamic will work fine. He backed Sanchez, but Ryan also hinted that Sanchez could benefit from the added competition.

"I will say this: I feel better about our quarterback situation now than I ever have since I've been here," said Ryan, whose previous backup -- 41-year-old Mark Brunell -- never was a serious threat to Sanchez."
    more..."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-rex-ryan-mark-sanchez-not-consulted-tm-tebow

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Oh man if that happens the media would blow up. It might help Sanchez but I'd have to turn off espn for a week or 2.

17. abyzmul

You should have turned off ESPN years ago. It's Sports Mtv.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Yea but theres really no other option. PTI and around the horn are still good. Everything else might as well just be look who said what on Twitter.

19. abyzmul

I guess it depends on your interests. I am an NFL fan so I stick to NFLN and Sirius NFL radio, my NBA blood resides with the Spurs and they are routinely spurned by ESPN, so I stay local with that, and aside from NHRA drag racing and NASCAR, I don't follow any sort of sports, so I can limit my ESPN experience to the required broadcasts.

ESPN wants to be part of the sports, it's annoying and intrusive and I get away from it every chance I get.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Yea I'm also a big hockey fan but espn completely ignores that sport because they have no financial interest in it.