All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I don't think Tebow's impact on the field will be worth bringing him in.

I'd go fail at this point.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It is Sanchez's job for the year, he will not get demoted unless he loses the first 5 or 6 games, maybe not even then. His money this year and next is guaranteed. If they demote him I'm not sure Tannenbaum or Ryan would even finish out the year. He could get benched in the middle of a game, sure, but he won't get demoted.

#202 Don, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  3. pinktacoyum

pinktacoyum Banned

Tebow becomes starter by 5th game. Takes jets to the playoffs. All the Tebow haters on here convert to Tebow fans.

4. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

First of all I want to go on the record as being against this trade on multiple levels. With that in mind after stomping, punching and throwing things at my tv I had to take a step back to clear my head. I turned away from anything football for about 24 hours. The one thing I wont let go of is all the so called unamed sources. Alot of which I consider media bullshit. We are all aware of this media Tebow circus but here is a few thoughts IMO as to how I think this can turn out to be, dare I say, " a brilliant move", if handled properly. It is well known, that for lack of a better word, the passion that Sparano and Ryan have for the Wildcat or in our case the Seminole. I think that, although I am not a fan of it, with Tebow running it or even better throwing it just may turn out quite exciting. Thats what, 5 or 6 plays a game. I think that Sparano is going to take Tebow alot further Sanchez under center or lined up in the shotgun. I am not alone with the thought that Tebow will be lined up as a tailback, a tightend, possibly in the slot using multiple motion variations and i can see him getting 15 to 20 plays a game of which he is actually QB in 5 or so. All this Sanchez bashing IMO, is ridiculous. The man started 16 college games, of course not alone, led us to 2 championship games and then to 8 and 8. The team as a whole stunk the place up. Sanchez's season last year was a direct result of the OL having a terrible season. My favorite Jet, Mangold, being injured for 3 games and as a result our OL looking like fish out of water. Our normally clutch Brick having a terrible season. Perhaps due to nagging injuries. I wont even name our RT but his season is well documented and how much of his play threw Moore's game off. Sanchez was running for his life. This is going to be his breakout season and by the way, ITS ONLY HIS FOURTH. So to stay on point, Sanchez is our starter and Tebow is his back up sprinkling in packages that can be a defensive nightmare. Please excuse me for my insanity.

5. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

I don't think he becomes the starter at any point. He will have his plays, out of the wildcat, maybe running the option, etc but he won't get more than say 15-25% of snaps if that. I also think we'll be seeing him line up at at RB/HB which opens up the offense because it creates many more possible play directions that defenses have to protect against. I don't think he'll get that many RZ snaps, because Sanchez was good in that area last year, but again he may be in on the plays which opens up new options.

Because of this specific role, I don't think there will be much controversy between Tebow and Sanchez. Unless Sanchez is completely terrible (in which case we would have been screwed anyway if we still just had Brunell) there is no chance Tebow starts, and under Sparano's system I expect Sanchez to have a better year.

Locker room wise, I'm not sure Tebow will completely turn things around but I do think he will have a positive influence overall. He can be polarizing, and some may resent him for all the attention he steals (through no fault of his own), but from what it sounds like everyone who plays with him has a lot of respect for him so I think he will earn it here.

We still have holes to fill between now and next season, but as far as the Tebow move is concerned I like it. It's untraditional, but I think it has potential. The fact of the matter is with Sparano we were going to be running more wildcat this year anyway, at least now we have a potentially special WC QB. And I think some of the stuff they come up with for Tebow will surprise people.

Could be wrong of course, but that's how I'm seeing it right now.

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Tebow will be used in short yardage and wildcat situation. 5-10 plays per game. This will put some pressure on Mark which will make him excel and become a better QB. The only way Tebow is the starting QB is if Sanchez get hurt.

7. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Unless Sanchez absolutely sucks , he will start all year. I can see him losing the job if he loses 3-4 in a row and is the reason they lose (Int's into Linemens hands, pick 6's fumbles, a ton of 3 and outs)

8. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Upon breaking camp, the starting QB needs to be the player who demonstrated the superior ability to move the chains and score touchdowns, while leading the #1 offense vs. #1 defenses.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Not happening. Close thread / merge with tebow.

10. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

i believe there is a chance we may win the superbowl, but there is always the chance that we don't. what should the call be? should we even play the 2012 season at all?

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Meaningless in preseason games. There is a reason they only want to play 2.

12. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Sanchez destroys all of his haters and makes the playoffs with minimal help from Teblow.

Or, Tebow gets traded to move down in the draft.

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He's on our team now. I'm not gonna act like a little bitch and complain about it, I'm gonna hope he does good for us in limited time and hope Sanchez excels at QB.

14. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Damn... Way to depress me :sad:

15. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Mark will be our starting QB week 1.. without a doubt...

16. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

if brett ratliff vs 3rd stringers outplays sanchez vs 1st stringers in preseason, should we demote mark in favor of brett?

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The only way Sanchez doesn't start in the opener is due to injury.

If that happens Tebow may get a chance to win the starting job while Sanchez is laid up.

18. 9798

9798 New Member

there's a better chance TT ends up the 3rd string QB,then beating mark for #1.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We need a starting QB, we need someone who can do the wild cat plays like Brad Smith used to. Our offense needs youth and speed.

Tebow is a huge upgrade over Brunell, he is cheap, and we didn't waste a 1-3 roun dpick on him.

Yes this was a good signing.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez gets better year 4. He rises to the occasion. Tebow is used in Wildcat/option packages and is pretty effective. The run game in general returns closer to 2010 form than 2011 and the offense improves. I think we're in for a good year despite all the bullshit that went on.

Sanchez remains starter.