All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. KleckoNamathToon

The combination of the new OC and Sanchez's maturity propel Mark into an above average QB. Tebow fills a variety of roles to maximize his phsyical talents and provide a gamebreaking spark for the offense, all the while being an ideal teammate.

The Jets offense finally plays at the level of the D and, after a lifetime of waiting, the NY Jets finally win their second superbowl.

Please don't wake me, this dream is a beautiful thing.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Tebow will "shock" the world when he begins putting up enviable QB passing numbers he's fully capable of doing and has done before on a more consistent basis if the Jets give him the weapons he needs to run the spread option.

I won't be shocked. All in on Tebow.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can honestly see this being a complete homerun where we have an unstoppable wildcat package or a complete disaster that ends up getting Tanny and Rex fired. How's that for a sitting on the fence prediction? lol. I'm leaning towards disaster.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I'm not against the move and neither am I a Tebow fan. But I like the trade. We got a solid backup versus Stanton. Tebow will play the 10-15 snap role FO has been talking about. Over the year, it adds up to about 200 snaps.

130 rushes, 750+ yards, 6TDs
    60 passes, 35 comps, 550+ yards, 2 TD, 3 ints.

He will light a fire under Sanchez' ass and I love that. Sanchez knows that if he messes up a couple of games, the way he'll get a pass by the fans is if he plays lights out in all other games. And I think he will rise to the occasion and shut up his haters.

Jets will showcase Tebow as much as they could and put him in position where he'll be likely to succeed. Next year, I think we go around and trade Tebow for a 2nd. Can't take on his salary figure for 2013 ($6+ mil).

5. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

Sparano will start out using Tebow effectively in spot duty, which will incorrectly be compared to Sanchez's performance at QB.

After continued pressure from the fans/media, Rex will toss Tebow in there after a tough loss and Tebow will run around like a chicken with his head cut off and the Jets will miss the playoffs.

Certain players will pop off to the media and Tanny will ultimately be the scapegoat and be let go at the end of the season.

I will be very happy if I'm wrong about this...

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I see the wildcat being a mild success that is used in about 10-15% of the plays per game, but ultimately by the end of the season it has been figured out by most other teams. The Jets make the playoffs regardless.

7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Ok, so lets go with some facts and statistics. Since these things are concrete, they're not just right or wrong, they just are.

Mark Sanchez entered his third year in 2011 with 38 career starts under his belt. He started 16 games, here were his statistics (all include rushing and passing):

3577 Yards
    32 tds
    26 turnovers

Not bad. Mark progressed last year despite what a lot of the New York media has had to say. His total number of TDs was very nice, but the turnovers (especially the fumbles) were still way too high.

Tim Tebow in his short career has started 16 games. Here are his stats:

3757 yards
    26 tds
    16 turnovers

The two quarterbacks are comparable despite Sanchez having 38 more starts, and a better supporting cast on offense. Tebow generated about 200 yards more than Sanchez did. He had 6 less TDs with 10 less turnovers.

Quite simply, Tebow generated more offense than Sanchez does. He turns the ball over less, even if Sanchez has a few more TDs. Furthermore, Tebow fits the ground and pound strategy that Rex Ryan likes so much that keeps the defense fresh. All of this with Tebow only have starting 16 games. How much better would he be with 38 starts under his belt like Mark had going into last season?

The two quarterbacks are statistically comparable, Tebow has more room for improvement being that he's only started 16 games, and Tebow brings more intangibles to the table. If contracts weren't an issue, Tebow should start.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I like the idea of Tebow on the team (but not the drama)

Sanchez will start every game this season. Tebow will successfully play his part but won't start a game. Tebow will get traded at some point after the end of the 2012 season when he requests a starting QB role.

9. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I am ambivalent about the entire issue.

While I think Tebow will add a needed element to our offense, I think the media hype and negative Sanchez remarks from fans will outweigh this positives... at least in the first few weeks.

However, I still think Sanchez will begin to respond well to this new-found pressure and have a moderate improvement overall, winning at least one game in the postseason (as a wildcard team, of course)

10. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Sanchez is going to break out this season with a TD/int ratio of 3-1

Tim tebow will have no room and will only play in some occasional wildcat plays, or even as a tight end

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You think Tebow will run for 5.6 ypc?

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow will be the best back up in the league at the start of the season . the Jets will get very creative using him and I would not be surprised to see both Tebow and Sanchez in the game at the same time.

If Sanchez gets hurt, Tebow's spread package (not wild cat) will be expanded and he will somehow pull out wins for the New York Jets (as he has done his entire life) .

I also predict that those who blindly hate Tebow will cause more trouble and dissension than those who admire him.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Like it. Tebow replaces drew stanton as backup QB - which is a huge upgrade. Sanchez has the best season of his career.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL,

HOMER ALERT! HOMER ALERT! HOMER ALERT! TOO FUNNY!

tebow has had his heyday, he'll make some plays, but nothing like the crazy season of 2011. basically, the FO is using tebow and a lot of wishful thinking to try and make up for a failed, dysfunctional 2011 season and for not showing enough results retooling said squad for the 2012 season.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Hard to say right now because we need to see if other areas of need are addressed in order to give Sanchez a chance but I see Mark having a break out year and Tebow being nothing more then a good red zone change of pace threat.

16. wildaces

wildaces Banned

For the record:

I am torn about the Tebow trade. I believe that he has been brought into to push Sanchez, and show Sanchez how a true leader is supposed to act.

I am frustrated that we have extended our so called franchise QB, and we want to take the ball out of his hands. (<--- I don't like Sanchez so it is hard to say that) Going into the 4th year of a career you have a good idea of what you have in a person/player. Sanchez is not a leader, and will pout his way out of the starting job. ("Was tying his cleats really that important", and that clip says alot about Sanchez)

Sparano will not be intimidated by the circus and will play which ever QB gives him the best chance to win.

Tebow will play 30+% of the year, and Sanchez will be gone next year.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Lets Add "Tebow Has already had his heydey to the long list"

Tebow will never play QB at State Championship level high school
    Tebow will not start at QB at State Championship level high school
    Tebow will not Win at QB at State Championship level high school
    Tebow will not Win a State Championship at QB at State Championship level high school
    Tebow will be heavily recruited but will eventually switch positions in Division I and will not play QB long term
    Tebow will not have the same level of success in the SEC c'mon this is not high school!
    Tebow will NEVER win a Heisman
    Tebow will Never win an NCAA championship as a starting QB
    Tebow will never play QB in the NFL
    Tebow will never be drafted higher than the 4th , maybe 3rd round
    Tebow will never start in the NFL
    Tebow will never win games as a starting NFL QB
    Tebow will not help the Broncos stop "sucking for luck" in fact he has increased their chances dramatically, the Broncos will just suck worse
    Tebow is just lucky once or twice but he is not going to have any more 4th Quarter comebacks this year or ever agian (2011 after 2 comebacks)
    Tebow will not lead the Denver turnaround and whomever thinks they will win the division is crazy.
    Tebow will never win a playoff game as a QB in the NFL
    Insert here>>>>>>Tebow Has already had his heydey<<<<<<<<<<

#177 CowboysFan, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez plays solid football and Tebow is largely an afterthought.

However, there is one occasion where Sanchez goes through a bit of a slump and pressure rises to give Tebow a chance as the starter. This doesn't happen and Sanchez sorts himself out. Jets make the playoffs at 11-5.

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Let me first say that Tebow was my favorite non-Jet last year. I thought his whole persona was a shtick until the week of the Bears-Broncos game. NFL Films mic'd Tebow up for the contest...Lance Briggs talked shit about him all week. FIRST PERSON Tebow goes up to before the game is Lance Briggs with a smile and a "whats up Lance! Man it's an honor, I've really been looking forward to playing against you." Briggs couldn't even help but smile and say something to the effect of "you too man, nice to meet you" out of either shock or surprise. That's a man right there. That's what a man does.

I still believe in Sanchez as I always have. Newsflash people, third year players sometimes have a season of regression. I think the front office did him no favors by throwing two absolute snakes in his huddle, one of whom couldn't get separation to save his life because he played like the bullet was still lodged in his thigh. There's no question this was the least talented offense Sanchez has worked with in his three years, and he didn't have a Freeman-type regression, just a small step back.

As for the move? They gave up a 4th in a year where they're expected to receive multiple compensation picks. I'm excited as Jets fan. To me this trade is going to show us what Sanchez is all about. Will he rise to the occasion like he did when he was pulled out of practice in favor of Brunell after the disasterous Miami game? Or will he sulk like a little bitch? The great ones rise, they don't sulk. As far as Tebow, I think it's very encouraging that Sparano was his coach at the senior bowl and supposedly loved what he saw. Now you have him Tony. Get to work.

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

bottom line is, if you truly believe you have a franchise qb, you don't bring in a tebow as backup. this shows the front office is riding the fence on sanchez and their having a plan is as much a joke as the signing of stanton was.

there is no plan and this FO is one of the worst in the league. tanny is a cap guru, not a GM and his moves over the past have shown to be true stupidity!