Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Haha ask Holmes

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well I hate to defend Hunter but he got that deal after he played very well down the stretch of the 2010 season and postseason.

3. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

You are absolutely correct, as is everyone else that has been saying this.

The point is - "playing well enough" went from rational perspective, "losing three games in a row - throwing 3 ints in those games" to "get sacked and fail to throw the ball away" and the job is Tebow's. Eli Manning would be in the CFL right now if put in this situation.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the problem is the speculation that our coaching staff is going to have such a quick trigger finger to bench Sanchez is completely unfounded.

I would love to hear the reasonable argument backed with some sort of tangible or empirical evidence that validates such a position, but nobody has brought any to the table yet. All I am reading is that the Tebow fans will make them do it. great, and how is that? blackmail? gun to the head? bribery?

5. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

what are you basing that on?

when has the fo ever come out and said anything remotely close to that?

that is pure overreaction.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's probably thinking "what QB controversy? Tebow can't even throw a fuckin spiral! Hey it's pass to the left mothafucka"

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Honestly, if he wasn't here to take Sanchez's job, I would have lost respect for him. Every guy should go into every year with the goal of being the starter.

With that said though, I am beginning to feel bad for Sanchez.

He is in a no win-situation. He has to play great from the 1st snap, or else he will start hearing Tebow chants. As much as I think he sucks as a qb, he doesn't deserve that, and I dont get why a team that failed to pursue Manning because of Sanchez decided to bring in a guy who a lot of people are going to want to start the second Sanchez plays poorly.

8. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I think bringing in Tebow after signing a backup QB is proof enough that this team isn't 100% behind Sanchez.

9. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

To have a Tebow fan come in here and talk about Sanchez lucky playoff success? Talk about irony. Say what you will about Sanchez in the regular season, but you can't deny that he has played decently in the playoffs. For a Tebow fan to talk about luck? What about the idiotic play by his opponents to allow him to be in position to win at the end (anybody remember the
    Broncos / Bears game)? That's the issue. The statement by the original poster borders on the extreme that can't be really backed up by facts. If you want to talk about luck, why not mention the depleted defense that Tebow had to face against Pitt (or the fact that Rothlesburger was crippled during the game? How were any of the Jets playoff wins lucky compared to some of the ways that Tebow won last year?

Again, this is where the rubber meets the road. A large portion of the Tebow fans will not be satisfied unless he is the starer. Many will not be Jet fans first and foremost, but will be Tebow fans as the primary concern. Some percentage (don't know how large) would rather have the Jets miss the playoffs with Tebow as the starter than make the playoffs with Sanchez as the starter.

10. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

"I better catch this pass or they'll put Tebow in."

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I dont feel bad for Tone. He chose to re-sign here. He knew there were questions about Sanchez and chose to stay here.

What he is thinking is irrelevant.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I disagree. If this team wasn't behind Sanchez, they would have went hard after Manning.

The guy who wants out is not very good, and Tebow is here to play a particular role (at least initially). This team is as committed to him as they can be, considering there are a lot of questions regarding whether he is a franchise qb.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If what we were told about the new devotion to the GnP is true, then all those teams that went to the superbowl in modern times with a dominate passing game (Saints/GreenBay/Giants/Patriots) have it all wrong and we, who haven't participated in a SB since man landed on the moon, have the right idea. Running the ball, coupled with a quick strike capability, does indeed win in this league. Running the ball without that, does not. Ask the Chiefs about a dominate running game and not much else. How many rings does Barry Sanders have? Walter Peyton only has one.

Point being, the GnP is a pipe dream if you're thinking modern NFL offense. It will control the clock yes. But if you ever have to score to stay in a game and perhaps force an overtime, GnP won't get it done for you but a deep strike capacity will. Just ask Eli or Tom Brady about that.

14. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

"I got payyyyeeeedddddd!"

15. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

fuck me sideways

16. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Bringing in Tebow acknowledges that, to some extent, the front office felt that there is a part of the game that Sanchez couldn't get done without Tebow. However true that is or isn't is for another conversation. The jets have a two QB run offense. Mark must be thrilled to know that this team feels they need two QB's to win.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

What you are saying is correct.

The tebow fan thing of pressuring the FO is just not true . A marketing company took out one bill board in Denver ....ONE , never in history has one bill board gotten so much attention and poured so much "pressure " on an FO to do the move....c'mon...its the media blowing it out of proportion.

Quinn sucked after Orton continued to fail , that's why Tebow got the nod over him in that charger game (just look at both of their career stats side by side for proof). Tebow rallied the team from 20 down in the second half and almost pulled another rabbit out of his ass at the end in relief of Orton. Read the comments his own team mates said after that game. That is why he got the start the following week.

Tebow was never made a starter in Denver due to fan pressure, he earned it .

If the season ticket holding jets fans start chanting Tebow now that is an entirely different thing and guess what? every fan base chants for whomever is the back up if the starter is sucking week after week after week, it took Orotn sucking for 2 years before the chants started (my definition of sucking is simply not getting the team over the hump and posting a W in the win column).

what do the fans chant now when Sanchez is not playing well?

Sanchez is not going to suck. Its a mute point anyway

#3657 CowboysFan, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

But would it have been different without Tebow? Rex has always loved using Brad Smith and Kerley. I assume Kerley would have played the role Tebow will play anyway.

Honestly, I think this is an opportunity for Sanchez to prove people like me, who dont think he is an NFL starting qb, wrong. He is going to be the starter since Rex has given no indication that there will be a qb competition. This should push him to live, breath and sleep football (and obviously banging Kate Upton), and that can only make him better. And if he gets better, Tebow is a non-issue.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Billy Kilmer and Bernie Kosar are two other examples of QBs who threw very ugly passes and both were successful.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

or it means they weren't completely behind the backup QB they brought in if Tebow was an option.

why don't you think about the totality of the situation for a second.

the team just extended Sanchez's contract, and you want to claim that indicates anything but being totally behind him.

they just hired an OC that likes to run a gimmicky offense that Tebow excelled in, an offense that surely won't account for the majority of the plays, and you think acquiring Tebow says more about how they feel about Sanchez, despite the fact that they just extended him, and not about what they feel Tebow brings to the table in this specific offense with its limited use and why he was worth obtaining despite having just made a minimal commitment to another backup?

they made one major commitment and one minimal commitment. yeah, I'm sure Tebow is a reflection of their lack of trust to the major commitment, not the minimal one.

c'mon, man.

this says they think they can make Tebow work in conjunction with Sanchez, not that they envision either letting Tebow be a full time QB which would require him to actually throw the ball or just run the ball almost every down like Denver because they had no other option.

#3660 JetBlue, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012