Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. BookEndTackles 72&79

Overall a good read but the Stanford/Oregon picture he bases some analysis on is an illegal formation in the NFL so it takes some of the steam out of his analysis. In the NFL you must have seven men at the LOS and at least one eligible reciever covering up an interior lineman/ineligible player on each side of the ball.

The college rule is different. You can't have more than 4 in the backfield so you can spread those 7 along the LOS wherever you want.

2. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

From a pure football standpoint, by what measure is Tebow a "bust"?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

A step back from what? What is it that we do so great that this would be a step back from?

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This ordeal has made me a bigger Sanchez fan than ever before. Study hard, Mark. Fuck Teblow and his fans.

5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Once I get over enough posts to provide a link, I will link all the glowing reviews of the Wildcat offense from 2008 and how it was "revolutionizing the game".

In 2008 the Phins used the wildcat with BETTER success than the Broncos did with the read option, and in a much tougher division. Where is the wildcat now? Oh that's right, dead except for a handful of plays a game MAYBE across the entire NFL, as a change of pace.

In fact, WVU and UF who used the read option the most in college DON'T EVEN USE IT ANYMORE!!!!

I LOVE the idea of using trick plays a few times a game, but they aren't suitable for a base offense, which means Tebow CANNOT be your starting QB, no matter how many times you pray to Christ or to the exploding heart of Urban Meyer.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

By not being the primary passer.

How was schotty in 3 and outs ?

There are 3 pieces to this. Sparano is better at finding ways to suit his plauers than Schotty is, hence Sanchez will be better, and NOT holding on to the ball for 5 seconds.

and..

When you go WC as a CoP, Tebow can run it better than Brad Smith, and is a threat to throw.

and...

Third and short?

Tebow lines up in 31 Personnel at HB... You cant defend the play action. Or the Handoff.

That unknown managed correctly will always cause hesitation, with defenses willing to concede a first down over a TD.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I don't care that Tebow is out to win the number one job... he should be looking to do that. He should be pushing and fighting as hard as he can. He can even believe in himself that he can do that. But I will eat a pail of Floridian-sized la-coo-ka-raches if he actually does it. Tebow as a QB is AWFUL... and he has a long way to go to beat out Sanchez. But good luck kid... get out there and bust your balls trying. :up:

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Add when Woody sells the team, then you will have it.

9. Hobbes3259

Let me get this straight. In last years playoffs Tebow faced Dick LeBeau, and Bellidouche...and went one for two?

Against two of the best defensive minds of the modern era?

That's a fault?

10. almbleamal

almbleamal Member

What a great read! I just love such well-founded articles. If there only would be more of this...

11. islanderbill

islanderbill New Member

Another "W" to get rid of? I want to get rid of the Wilpons and Charles Wang, you want to add Woody to the list?

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We know he can't throw but can he catch?

13. GoldenShowers

Any article implying that Chip Kelly or Urban Meyer run "pro style offenses" should not even be remotely taken seriously.

Second of all, perhaps we can call up the Big East since Syracuse left and join them in the BCS conference, since apparently what works in college works in the NFL.

14. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Sanchez is a failure hiding behind his lucky playoff success. This will be the season he falls apart completely, with the entire world watching him. IT'S TEBOW TIME!!

15. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

I could not agree with you more

16. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

When did I ever call him a bust?

17. Hobbes3259

And what is the logical approach to Tebowhatred?

Every one around him says hes a great guy. All the guy has ever done is work hard,produce and win. We bring him here to be an upgrade over Drew Stanton, whose career summary is being buried at number 3 on the Detroit Lions depth chart behind such NFLgreats as Dan Orlovsky and Shaun Hill, Zac Robinson..etc. (and who would not have been here if a vindictive front office could overlook McElroy running his mouth.)

AYFKM?

All the guy has ever done is work hard, keep his mouth shut, and PRODUCE.

Somehow, thats now a bad thing. I guess it's either his religiosity or his skin color or both.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

And the stupidity continues....

19. GoldenShowers

You know what guys? I want us to lead the league in rushing.

Paul Johnson's GT squad. has done so many times recently. Let's just go with the triple option offense! Perhpas this guy can write up an article showing us how brilliant and sophisticated it is and throw in useless things like "it will help the ground and pound!".

20. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Cosign...........!