Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Who would have been your preferred #2 that was good enough to push Sanchez?

2. Denny

Denny Active Member

Mark and Tebow start from scratch with a new playbook. This will only have a fighting chance if the defense stops people. I expect nothing from this offense.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's just it, I don't nor did I ever hate him or root for him to fail. I felt bad for him at times last year because of there being a line drawn in the media that you either thought he was great or he was hated. That's not his fault, there was no middle ground. The media and his blind fans basically made it that you either loved or hated him. How about just let the guy help this team win football games and leave his personal life out of this. If he wants to fight for his religious beliefs that's great for him but has no bearing on my team. I can root for good people off the field but once he puts that helmet on what he does during his spare time matters not to me if he plays poorly.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I see from that article that Sparano was all for the Tebow trade. Knew it.

Too funny for all the Sanchez Fans. They hated Schotty so much, who definitely would have been AGAINST getting Tebow, and now Schotty's replacement was for bringing Tebow in.

Be careful what you wish for.

5. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

So basically this "story" can be summed up as

"Backup Player Has Ambition To Start"

Whoa, that's crazy!

(Um, any second or third string player who doesn't want to start has no business being in a competitive sport.)

6. bicketybam

Agreed. Can it get any worse than the guy using Tebow's QBR in one game as his basis for Tebow's potential?

I loved Chad Pennington when he played for the Jets. Huge fan. He was a standup guy that did everything he could for the organization. He played hurt and he was a leader. But when he went to Miami, I rooted against him. I enjoyed it when the Ravens knocked the crap out of him in the playoffs. I don't see how these people can just follow a player around from team to team.

#3266 bicketybam, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Thanks for the update

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how does this quiet anything? Tebow wanting to be a starter isn't a surprise to anyone. whether the team intends for him to be the starter is what people are talking about. and as of right now the team is saying Sanchez is the starter and Tebow is the back up. what Tebow wants doesn't matter. I am willing to bet every backup QB in the league wants to be the starter, so this dynamic exists on every NFL team and isn't unique to the Jets, and yet you want to be a hysteric and want to claim that a backup that wants to be a starter is far worse on the Jets. this is just business as usual in the NFL.

are you seriously taking speculation from people outside of the Jets organization as gospel for the Jets plans?

nobody reasonable gives a shit about newspaper drama. I don't root for newspaper stories, I root for the Jets. and right now Sanchez is the QB of the Jets.

apparently that differs from your interests, and you prefer gossip and speculation. but please don't project that on anyone else.

9. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

and santonio can take a seat on the bench next to tim if he don't wanna play in mark's offense

mark's the leader of the team. ppl need to realize and comply

10. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Schotty's girlfriend speaks!!
    Does that make Schotty less of a shitty OC because he would have declined on Tebow?

Let's see how the offense under Sanchez goes before making such stupid statements. I don't like the Tebow trade, but I do know Sanchez will be given a chance to show his stuff.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You don't understand it because you're a real fan. Ditto for myself. The guy I just quoted was a Fins fan for 37 years. Look where he is now. LOLOLOLOL

12. mystikol

mystikol New Member

An NFL QB believes in himself that he is good enough to start?! Stop the presses! Especially when it's reported by "sources."

The Tebow fans will want him to start, regardless of what his true inner thoughts are. What matters are performance on the field and the Front Office's decisions.

And frankly, if Sanchez sucks and Tebow somehow improves, we should all want him in there! If Sanchez really pouts and is worse because of it, then he probably can't be a successful long-term starter here, anyway.

13. whichfan

whichfan New Member

It's not Mark's offense, it's Sporano's offense and the front office have already made it clear both players will play.

And Mark's not the leader of the team just cause you say so. Leaders are appointed by the players not by labels.

It will be up to Sanchez to be a better leader than Tebow, to earn that else his "starting" status isn't going to earn him the leadership role.

Odds are if he wasn't able to earn it with little to no competition when he had the team all to himself in 3 years, that job isn't going to get any easier with Tebow competing for that same role.

14. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

they both terrible at their jobs and hurt mark's development. i'm not happy with sparano at all!

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Thank God the game is played on the field and not in the press.

16. bicketybam

I meant to say I rooted AGAINST him. I left out a word :drunk:

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm pretty sure there weren't many Jets fans (if any at all) clamoring for Tony fucking Sparano. If Sparano sucks it doesn't mean getting rid of Schotty was a bad move. It means replacing him with Sparano was a bad move.

If Schotty goes on to become a great OC for the Rams, that's another story.

18. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Nah if Sanchez does suck Tebow will replace him with the support of the players and fans

19. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Here Here....

I never liked the Wild cat Gimmick and Never in a million years would I want anything Tim Freaking Tebow on MY TEAM.....

MY TEAM has been Hijacked - Our next SB chance won't be for at least 5 years.

On Tuesday I laughed it off as Media Bullcrap and thought there was no way in hell the Jets could think this was a good move.. THEN BAM!!!! I emailed and Tweeted Media people that they were so full of shit that this could never ever happen.....

Really unbelievable...... Forget cheering for Tebow - I'd rather have Kotite back and that's no joke at all - I WOULD RATHER FREAKING HAVE KOTITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

A. Broncos players all supported Kyle Orton, until he was demoted.
    B. Didn't sound like Jets players all supported Sanchez at the end of last year.
    C. If the Jets struggle with Sanchez and Tebow comes in and wins, the riot is quelled.