Tebow will make Sanchez better

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rex2009, Mar 22, 2012.

1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

The following article shows what competition can do. After all competition is the basis of our American way of life and the reason we are not a third world nation. It's time for Mark to grow the *(U&(*&& up and lead us to the promised land.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...-make-sanchez-better/?partner=rss&emc=rss

Not only will Mark prosper but the Jets will go farther than the Broncos this year. Won't that look good on John Wrongway the rookie Bronco executive. Rex will not allow this to experiment to fail and he WILL prove that last year was an aberation caused mainly by Schotty.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Good article and spot on. Mark Sanchez will prosper from the challenge of having to compete and improve his game and push himself to get better. Competition is a very healthy thing and if you expect to get better you should embrace challenges and competition. In addition, Tebow brings a very positive and successful attitude and adds some dimensions to the offense which can compliment Sanchez and help him to be a better player and a better leader.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Agree Mark is going to be fine , Tebow is going to out Gronk , Gronk /hernandez.

this pick will deliver dividends.

4. TimeSquareTim

TimeSquareTim Banned

Sanchez can also make Tebow better.Hopefully Rex makes them play it out for starter,if not this year maybe next.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And in a funny sort of way, Sanchez will help Tebow get better as well.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Hmm... I wonder if Tebow could cover Gronk... ( just kidding that would end horribly). That article is perfectly stated and shows a lot for how much a backup can push a starter.

7. whichfan

whichfan New Member

I don't think Sanchez's issues are mechanical or because he lacks in terms of football ability.

I think it's personality. Drive. Mentality. Etc.

Those things are personal.

8. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

I agree. Sanchez has serious talent and he had confidence. Rex finally broke him end of first half Pats, didn't run out the clock, that was the end. He is just a hipster latte kinda guy. It woulda been fine if Rex wasn't the coach, but he is. Rex is burning his ass at the stake for some wildcat? Nah, he doesn't like him. Nobody is making anyone better. Somebody will win or it will be a mess. And I did blame shotty too, nobody was ever open for Sanchez. Yea blew up, but the offensive plays sucked. Let Rex have what he wants, if it doesn't work, fire him. But Sanchez is not gonna be better with this.

#8 Ryan76, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  9. Montana

Montana Member

Mark will make Sanchez better.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tebow's not going to make Sanchez better coming in for 3 drives a game to run the wildcat. It was that kind of back and forth that killed any momentum Sanchez developed in 2010.

What would make Sanchez better is having the same kind of protection that he had in 2009 and 2010 coupled with the evolving skill set that he's developed over the years. What would make him better is having a few stable receivers to throw too that play complementary roles to each other instead of fighting for the same role and routes like he had in 2010. What would make him better is having a few decent backs behind him so that when the situation called for it the Jets could ground and pound at will like they did in 2009.

There's nothing wrong with Mark Sanchez that a competent GM and coaching staff couldn't fix very quickly with good results on the other end.

Adding Tim Tebow to the mix? Just more noise in a career that so far has been too noisy as it is.

One day I will look back and hate Mike Tannenbaum as much as I hate Joe Walton. I'm not far enough away from this mess yet to really sort it out but I grew to absolutely loath spanky because I realized that he destroyed Ken O'Brien's career with his crappy protection schemes and with that any real chance the Jets had of a Super Bowl in the 80's.

Tannenbaum? He's going to have destroyed Mark Sanchez before he's done and with him any chance the Jets had for a Super Bowl in this window.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I envision that when Mark is behind the center he could have Tebow out there, but for now I think when Tebow is out there behind the center Sanchez will be on the sidelines

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

IT ALREADY IS A MESS. Did you spend last season under a rock? WE SUCKED. If the offense was great last season then we wouldn't be making changes to the offense - We wouldn't have fired Schotty and brought in Sparano to reinvigorate the wildcat and the offense and we wouldn't have brought in Tebow to run that wildcat offense. IT ALREADY IS A MESS. If Sanchez is not able to improve then he doesn't deserve to lead this team. All that Sanchez has to do is win football games and play much better football than he did last season. If he can't do that and move the chains and score TDs then the Jets need to have some alternatives - mark brunell and drew stanton are not viable alternatives.

13. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Tebow will make sanchez better because of this??

[YOUTUBE]W0kGTZlvagg[/YOUTUBE]

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure: those that said Sanchez is 'coddled' and not given any competition can put it to rest. The pressure is on now.

15. Mason

Mason New Member

Can't we just get a fucking receiver? Sanchez doesn't need competition, he needs guys to throw the ball to.

16. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

As if Sanchez needed more help. Every offseason we hear how hard he works. Maybe if the WR's, O-line, RB's, OLB's didnt suck in 2011 or if Cromartie/Wilson made that tackle against Cruz this would never have happened.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Braylon once his rehab is complete, or draft. I'm assuming they will adress that position. Schilens is a JAG.

18. siconik

siconik New Member

Nothing makes you better then having potentially game-critical snaps taken away from you or having the name of your back up being chanted every time the recivers drop two balls in a row. If NE, GB, NYG, NO or IND (Manning era) have shown us anything is that taking the ball out of your star QBs hands for a "change of pace" gadget plays is how you win SB in today's NFL. Of corse, after Wildcat has been proven to be a dominat offensive force (and not some one-year-wonder gimmic that defences would figure out the following season), what choice did all those teams have?

19. tzinc

tzinc New Member

We all heard about Sanchez being coddled. Not being afraid of losing his job etc. Well that's not the case anymore.

It's all about winning. He needs to do it because there is a winning QB sitting behind him.