Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Hopefully by winning, and not in a flashy way, will bring is the trophy regardless of who leads us there. lol

Considering the league..is well..a passing league.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not according to their stats.

3. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Seriously. Can we? This next year is going freaking exhaustingly irritating.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Honestly Johnny, my day doesn't start or stop with what happens with this circus of a franchise. Those days are long gone for me. The Owner and FO want headlines? They got headlines. They want to boost PSL sales? Check. They want to innovate the modern NFL offense by using the GnP and WildCat? Since so many other teams have done it, its a sure fire winner. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to bring back the single wing or the Statue of Liberty Play. Lets pretend that the NFL isn't a QB driven league and ground and pound really works when up against 8 in the box regularly. Lets pretend not having a elite QB or OLine or pass rush is fine as long as we fill the stadium and sell the swag.

As far as I'm concerned, if there's Jet fans that are ok with being the joke of the NFL, great. But there's gonna be the rest of us that still want a franchise to be proud of. Say hello to the division in the fan base as I am not alone.

We've been getting past things for 43 years running w/o a sniff of a SB but hey, as long as the FO makes any move at all, no matter what, its all good. Pass the koolaid and might as well spike it with Stoly. Should make watching the Jet offense this year bearable.

5. whichfan

whichfan New Member

O.M.G. @ People who still talk about Sanchez development.

He's entering his 4th year. Just who in the world gets 4 years to "develop"?

You get one season as a rookie or first year starter. After that you "get better". You don't "develop". And if you lose you get pulled.

And let's be honest about another thing. Tebowmania mainly happened in the NFL due to Orton. Dude sucks. And sucks ass. He got 5 games he sucked. Tebow took over and made the playoffs.

What exactly is the problem?

6. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

Is it just me or is it everybody else hate this made up stat by ESPN (QBR). I think it sucks and is just being shoved down NFL fans throats because it made by ESPN. Fuck QBR

Intangibles all the way towards Tebow. Better pressure on Sanchez well thats Tebow as well.

Stanton was a backup who never was going to be a threat to Sanchez.

IMO Tebow is better suited for backup in pure terms of pushing Sanchez. As long as Tebowmania doesn't get to out of control. (Which it will unfortunately)

7. Hobbes3259

Not to be...antagonistic, but we have not had a passing attack for 6 f*ng years

The lone exception being 11 weeks of Favre refusing to run a Schitty offense....

The stats dictate that Schooty takes 10 points off a Qb's QBR. If Sparano is half as worthy of The Godfather's faith in him, he'll tailor the plays to suit his talent. And Sanchez should have a year good enough to put this whole thing in the perspective that those of that see this as a reasonable move see it.

Sanchez should end up a middle of the pack passer in yardage, and a top 10 passer in QBR. Scoring may be a toss up, if we see lots of wildcat down close.

8. Phear

Phear New Member

You, just like many other don't get it. Most of us against this trade don't have a problem with the picks given up or Tim's role with the wild cat. It's all the baggage tebow brings with him, it will take one bad game from Sanchez before the rumblings from the Tebow fans start. 2 bad games and we'll have a split fan base. Has anything that tanny or Rex done in the past lead you to believe they will now how to handle the situation when half of the fans are chanting for Tebow to start? Can this work out? Sure, if we were a strong organization, are we? Nope

9. Cman68

This is turning into a real life episode of "Infested". Instead of roaches and spiders and snakes, we get Tebots. Freaking 21st century groupies who have no other function in life but to follow TT wherever he goes.

God really hates the Jets..

10. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

People who have had 4 years total combined college and professional experience? People who come out of college have more experience than Sanchez has at the end of last season. I guess that's who. Not every situation is identical - so, that might be important to acknowledge.

11. Hobbes3259

It's just you. The hate results from those who resent Tebow for WHO he is..Not what he is...(Heisman, 2 time Nat'l Champ, Winning NFL QB, Playoff winner). And better than the backup we already had. At EVERY LEVEL OF COMPETITION>

Pure Pre-ju-dice.

12. Steelersrule

Steelersrule Member

10% the other way and it`s a split..........I`m surprised but I see a lot of new members stuffing the box..........I tip my hat to you guys.......never a dull moment and I am watching you guys.............I still consider the Jets a force to be reckoned with..........

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Rex to Tanny (in my own acronyms)

Well some PAA in the GDLR might not be TFBAA

(positive attitude adjustment; gosh darn locker room, too friggin bad at all)

I was 6 yrs old the last time we were in the big game, I have seen alot that I don't want to remember but I still have hope.

That's my take on it. Peace

John 14:27 Be Blessed

14. Cruz Control

Cruz Control Banned

According to Adam Shefter, the Jets are looking into acquiring Colt McCoy

15. Phear

Phear New Member

QBs not named Brady or Peyton take time to develope.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebowmania only starts if Sanchez completely tanks and if he tanks Tebow takes over and if Tebow takes over he leades the Jets to victory after a victory for a long streak when every analyst says it can not be happening.

that is a lot of ifs and even the end result is not bad.

The reality is the Jets scored a beast for a 4th rounder and Sanchez is gonna thrive and be better.

I like Tebow and think he can be effective in the right package/system but everyone is so underestimating Sanchez because he had one bad end of year.

They are both going to be fine.

#2956 CowboysFan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  17. Cman68

Funny, I heard Tannenbaum wanted to trade our 2nd round pick, and $10mil to Kansas City for the immortal Tyler Palko.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

who cares about there college stats, they don't mean anything in the NFL, Peyton Manning had 36 TDs and 11 INT his final year in college, Sanchez had 34 TDS and 10 INT, and they both threw for over 3,000 yards that final year.Whos the better QB in the NFL??? no need to say more on this

#2958 LongIslandBlitz, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

And we used to complain that Pennington was a dink and dunk QB.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Good point

Career NFL QBR measuring only passing stats

Tebow QBR 75.1

Stanton QBR 63.1