Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

The D gave up 45 points.....

2. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

I, for one, am PSYCHED about Tim Tebow becoming a Jet!! I think he's gonna help this team immensely, both on and off the field. He's got an insatiable desire to win and an infectious personality that will rub off on even the malcontents (I.e., Cromartie).

I've followed Tebow since his first days of college (as I am a HUGE UF fan since childhood) and I can assure you that by the time this season reaches its midway point, all the whiny and unhappy Jets fans complaining today will have a complete change of heart.

Plain and simple, guys a winner and he'll continue to win here.

Sanchez is our QB, but Tebow will compliment him incredibly well!!! Can't wait to laugh at all the talking heads killing the Jets once this all turns out for the best!!

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Winning solves everything...

Lets just hope they can win, because if they dont, Oh boy... Last year’s nightmare is going to seem like child’s play.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

what exactly are you laughing at?:finssuck:

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

how do you think he will bring this franchise down?.the broncos were in the thick of the suck for luck sweepstakes when they put him in.

6. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

You also missed the part when i said that Tebow had significantly less talent around him on both sides of the ball. Mark was playing with top 5 Rex Ryan defenses both years he went the playoffs, along with strong running games and o-lines.

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Shouldn't he be doing that with our starting QB?

8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Maybe he should use that work ethic to fix his throwing motion and learn an offense besides the spread option.

The Jets will be competing against Miami for last in the afce

9. GeorgeV

GeorgeV New Member

What a day. I've been around for a long time and I've never seen this much commotion over trading a 4th, a 6th, and cash for a player and a 7th. I must say that I'm not a fan of Tebow. I am not enamored with his persona. I sure as heck don't need to see the camera on him every time he chooses to engage in prayer on the field. As a lifelong Jet fan the only thing I'm interested in is if he can help us be a better team and get this damn 43 year monkey off our backs. Joe Namath was my idol as a kid. He will always be an idol but I'm tired of living in the past. And I'm tired of Joe making news cricizing the franchise. It's clear that Rex and Tanny have determined that the formula for this team is ground and pound in which Tebow will play a role, Sanchez play action, throwing the ball a lot less than 58% of the time, and of course, a stout D. Now, we sure as hell better solidy the offense line, starters and depth. We probably still need a reliable RB. But it's clear that the WR position will not be an area where we spend much money beyond Santonio. And we better get our pass rusher and free safety position in order. But if we do, then we will live or die with this approach: control the line of scrimmage, utilize the clock, keep Brady and every other stud QB off the field. It will be a circus. This is the Jets and this is New York. But I am a Jet fan. Have been all my life and will be to the day I die. And as a Jet fan I am a dreamer. So, I'm dreaming that Tebow adds a dimension to our offense that makes us a tough team to defend. I'm dreaming that Sanchez thrives with a ball control offense that takes its calculated chances down the field. I'm dreaming that we get the additional pieces that make our defense the kind of D it was in Rex's first year. Most of all I'm dreaming, like I have for every year since 1969, that next year will be the year we win our second Super Bowl.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

And this is why I barely respond to your posts. Anything to bash the QB.

Get real, learn about this team, learn about Sanchez, and then get back to me.

11. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Even if he is worth the pick, it doesn't mean that there isn't going to be someone that is also left that is worth the pick even more. Or a tradeback offer that looks even more tempting if not. Make no mistake, that is the exact situation here. I love DeCastro don't get me wrong, he's just not quite in the right spot for us from what I can see.

Our Dline is one of the strongest units on our team. We're young and vital there especially when Ellis starts to make a real impact this year. Maybe in a year or two we can spend another 2nd or 3rd a DE but we should stand pat this year unless someone awesome falls to us at 16 that we can't pass up.

We can just as easily address guard by using our 2nd or 3rd round pick (which I think that we absolutely SHOULD do as opposed to your idea). He won't be as good as DD or CG but it will likely produce a competent day one starter that gives us more depth and options on the OL. It's a question of allocating resources.

12. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Does this mean Drew Stanton or McElroy is gone?

13. JohnnyThaJet

Tell me about it.

Lets pray for the best! (I can say that now since Tebow is on the Jets... :lol: )

14. jgangstahippie7:18

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he'll build around sanchez's strengths too. Tebow is mainly for wildcat 2.0, w/e its going to be named. Sanchez will get his roll out/play action and other plays built around his strengths.

16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

If schotty wasn't gone Tebow wouldn't be a jet. Hate to say it...I miss schotty.

17. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Like Tebow as a guy. Don't expect him to be a savior. More of a utility player. I hope nobody ever thinks he should start at QB.

I think he can be useful. And I absolutely support him.

18. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Obviously the draft is a huge crap shoot. If we're "hypothetically" picking what at 16 with what we perceive will be available at 16, then I think DD and CG offer the most value available.

19. JohnnyThaJet

Jets have always ran with 4 QBs, they will all be on the team.

20. OldTimer

OldTimer New Member

Absolutely fantastically said George....Im with you.