Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Something is wrong when 2/3 of the fan base if freaking out. Something is wrong when a fan like me, who has rooted for this team since 1965 and had season tickets for 32 years is ready to give up my seats because of this horrendous awful move. I want to watch a winning football team, not Barnum & Baileys

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

People seem hung up on running the Wildcat too. The Wildcat, for the most part, has been figured out. What teams successfully ran the WC last year? Tebow didn't run the WC.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

I saw Schlereth on ESPN earlier today too, and what he said was great. It is pretty much why every Jets fan and anybody in the Jets organization should be against this move.

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

They're an embarrassment... They're gonna let Jacksonville swoop in and steal him... Joke organization. And don't think Good Guy Tanny didn't know about that clause.... Probably tried to pull a fast one.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hopefully this guy is banned for life. This is at least the third disgustingly inappropriate comment from him. The others involved Cory Lidle and George Steinbrenner.

Three strikes and you're out.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Please explain what is different about the Jets spending a 4th round pick on Brad Smith and the Jets spending a 4th round pick plus sliding down from a 6 to a 7 on Tebow?

The hate isn't about the football player. It's about the man.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Tanny was in no position to "pull a fast one". UNless he was trying to pull a fast one on Woody when he told him later that he hadda buck up 5 mil

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Actually it isn't.

The Politicians (Silver) only shot down the WSS project. While everyone else approved it.
    Also, NYC offered Flushing and it was rejected by Woody which again already had approval.

He wanted the Manhattan boys club $$$ again because of greed.

But either way you call it, the man is only driven by money and has absolutely ZERO interest in what the fans want.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Even when you are right about somebody, it is for all the wrong reasons. Blaming Tanny for letting Jacksonville "swoop" in and take Tebow and claiming Tanny knew about the clause is a ridiculous statement. If you like the trade, then it is disingenuous to knock Tanny at this point.

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Smith was also a kick returner and made special teams plays in addition to catching the ball. He was a jack of all trades player. Can Tebow duplicate all those things? Did anyone ever think Brad Smith would unseat Sanchez for QB? Did fans ever call for Smith to QB when Sanchez threw a pick?

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Its about what this organization stands for and what it creates in terms of the circus that revolves around this organization.

In football terms, this move makes sense.... But realistically, its fucking retarded.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Fuck the fanbase. More than two thirds of Jets fans on this board were all for the drafting of gladys Gholston.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Kyle Orton alienated himself from the fans if you remember, that's why they booed him

14. Smog

Smog New Member

Nobody hates Tebow. They just think he sucks. And he's exactly wrong for the Jets, who just handed out a huge extension to their starting QB because they were worried about having hurt his feelings by inquiring on Manning. You do that and THEN you bring in Tebow? What are they smoking?

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Difference is fans have watched Tebow play NFL games.

16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

^^^^^^
    This

Smith was a damn good special teams player.

17. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Wow 97 pages in a few hours. I thought this was gonna be nuts but not like this.

Only thing I can say so far about this potential/completed trade who knows at this point is that at least it wasn't something higher then what it was. I'll see what happens fuck it its not like we've won anything in 42 years whats the worst that can happen at this point.

I hate tebowmania and what it brings but lets see where the dice lay at the end of it.

18. sassquash

sassquash Member

Smith could run with the ball, throw the ball, catch the ball, and return kickoffs.

Comparison is moot.

Plus Smith didn't come with a media circus sideshow.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You can't announce a trade, get your fan base all either into it or not into it, and then somehow it doesn't happen.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No Tebow can't do those things. I didn't think he would. I think what he will do is run the Wildcat better than Smith ever could - provide a passing threat out of the wildcat, and the wildcat will be a more integral part of the offense with Tebow and Sparano.

Also, I don't think fans should call for Tebow when Sanchez throws a pick. One Sanchez IS the future of this team and two Tebow shouldn't even be able to crack 3 on the depth chart much less starter.

The frenzy is about Tim Tebow the celebrity not Tim Tebow the football player.

EDIT: To clarify, Smith was drafted to be a role player. Tebow will also be a role player. Hence the 4th round value.