Vent/Whine/Complain about Tim Tebow here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mantana Soss, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

i don't care about acquiring the player. Tebow might contribute....i hate the media frenzy this creates and everything that goes with it. I want a team i'm proud to be a fan of not "JErsey Shore" of the NFL.

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

You win games throwing the ball and playing good defense. We need to get with the times. The rules, the players and everything else is geared toward passing the ball. You don't give up a 4th and a 6th for a guy to give you 2 plays a game. If that's the case, we should have kept Brad Smith. He's better than Tebow throwing, running and catching the ball.

We have no direction. We're just making moves and saving face. Brining back guys who needed to go and using the excuse "Well they're only getting the minimum. It doesn't harm us." Yes it does. It means someone who maybe can play is missing out on an opportunity to a guy who we KNOW sucks. I'm convinced that Tanny is nothing but a numbers guy at this point and his idea of a successful offseason is making sure we're ok in terms of the cap.

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

the more i think about it the more i like it. Sanchez is a dead end......by week 3 its ALL Tebow...he is brought in to START. and itll be fun to watch our NYJ's run the ball 50x/game.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Only room for 1... Sorry Tebro!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

I understand the football aspect behind this move, but this is NY. The media and fans have to be take into account, sadly. I dont have faith in everyone else to come to a consensus that Sanchez is the indefinite starter and will be no matter what. I wish that the football aspect was all that mattered, but the I see it, the impact he could have on the media and fans could severely out weigh it.

I pray this move works out as planned, but it it VERY hopeful counting on the media and Jets fans to not jump on the Tebow bandwagon once something goes wrong.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

What the fuck just happened! (Will Ferrell Voice)

7. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Let Timsanity begin. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Wild cat offense for 3 straight downs.

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

We got to two AFC Championships by running the ball and playing good defense. Our passing game SHOULD be better now than it was either of those years.

Our running game was NOT good last year, and it's a lot of why we didn't repeat. We passed more, in a bad passing system, and one that had very poor chemistry/locker room issues.

And about Brad Smith. Can Brad Smith run between the tackles on 3rd and 1? Do you think Brad Smith runs for that gamewinning TD against us last year?

I sure don't. Shitty QB or not, Tim Tebow is a sculpted athlete.

9. Bigjag57

Bigjag57 New Member

Better you guys and not us(Jaguars)

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

You can do that now that we have Tebow... hahahaa (Whoa that feels weird to say)

The way I look at it is, if he stayed in Denver the first bad game Peyton would have had you would hear Tebow chants, its inevitable no matter where in the world you are. If this works out the way we have planned and Sanchez looks great no one has any reason to complain.

I just hope Sanchez takes it well and not a detriment to his play.

11. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

Initial reaction is to bitch and moan for some but for me this will only make us that much harder to prepare for. With Sporano running the O and now probably the best QB to run the "wildcat" on the team defenses will be in for a long day.

12. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I don't understand all the Tebow negativity.

everyone complained when we signed Stanton that he wasn't the guy to push Sanchez, well we got that guy now.

we also got the best wildcat QB in the NFL, which coincidentally it's what Sparano does best.

13. reverseapachemaster

Trying to swallow my dissatisfaction about this here...

I said before I thought Tebow would be a good fit on an offense where he lines up as a RB a lot and does some wildcat maneuvers. I guess it makes sense with the Jets ground and pound philosophy. However, I think the risk of causing divisiveness on the team is too high in NY for it to make sense. Every bad offensive play will turn into a Tebow chant, which will demoralize the whole offense.

It's also still unknown what part Tebow will play. Will he be the jesuscat QB/RB, an RB, a TE, or a backup QB? That's a big issue in how he plays out for the team...

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Hey, U said this thread was for crying!
    Go make sense in the other thread!

Fact is, It could work, actually... it SHOULD work... but,
    we gave up way too much and IMO that proves that this was something the owner wanted and said "make it happen"
    That means this was a fukin PSL move if there ever was one...

again, Woody is a bottom line guy and only cares about filling seats.
    "We need to get some home games", that was last years "playoff mantra"...
    ....Now you know why.

but Seriously though, get out.....

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Chants of Tebow over Peyton vs. Sanchez isnt really close, I honestly dont think anyone would ever think Tebow could do better than Peyton because he simply is Peyton Manning.

Many Jets fans dont have the best view on Sanchez and dont believe he is the guy. I do, and I think he can be a very good QB... Those that dont view Sanchez as the guy are going to be chanting for Tebow after one mistake.

I guess I just dont have faith in the media or knee-jerk reaction fans :/

16. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Is Scotty McKnight gonna give up #15??? lol

17. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

I think Woody gave the order on this one. I like Tebow, but it's going to divide the locker room until either him or Sanchez are gone. The possibilities on offense are limitless and the deal was a bargain, but this season will be a media circus from day one.

18. The Zman

The Zman New Member

One of the main reasons most of us wanted schotty gone was because of the wildcat, it's a shitty gimmick play that slows down the offense. Then they go ahead and hire sparano, who brought the wildcat to the nfl, and now they get teblow, who can only run the wildcat, since he can't throw the ball. They give up a 4th and 6th for a backup qb, a good 4th round pick should be competing for a starting job, and The Jets have plenty of holes to fill.

Tanny is a fucking coward and once again proves he's afraid of the draft, getting teblow is a money move to sell more jerseys and tickets, and get on tv more. This doesn't improve the team, and is an insult to us fans.

Hooray for another season of trying to win games by only scoring 10 points a game.

19. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I remember watching Sound FX and "Welcome to the Jungle" by GNR was playing over the PA and Tim was humming some kind of God will save us tune on the sideline at the same time. It just didn't work for me. I hope he proves me wrong on the field.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

JESUS WRONG THREAD!@!!!!@21

I'm at a low point as a Jets fan since Pre-1997 Looking for the Official Darksider Thread...

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FOOTBALL DECISIONS BEING MADE!

Sad day to be a Jets fan and IMO the begining of the end for Tanny, Rex and Sanchez.