Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Let's keep the emotional stuff out of here and actually talk about the team, and how he will affect it in 2012.

2. DUBLIN

DUBLIN New Member

why isn't he a football player? 'cause he's different?

3. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

I don't know how I feel about this move.

I love the move because it gives us a fantastic wildcat especially with Sparano here. This could be dangerously good.

I hate the move because Sanchez needs to be the starter of this team and has proven success and I will always support him. I fear that people will be screaming for Tebow to start if something goes wrong in 1 game.

4. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

It depends.

If Rex comes out and say he's a TE/WR and makes it clear he is NOT a QB on the roster, then I am sorta happy.

If they "anoint" him #2 QB, it's going to be a shit storm of epic proportions. Fans/media will be calling for Sanchez's head after every non-perfect game. Then I will be pissed

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Way to mask the hatred. For the record, the man you say will "be exposed as a fraudulent piece of crap" in the playoffs won a playoff game last year. He beat the Steelers, something Sanchez failed to do.

#1005 al_toon_88, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  6. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Sanchez is mentally weak, period. He crumbled under pressure all year, last year. We all wanted to blame Schotty, I hated Schotty too, but Sanchez has to shoulder some of the blame. Honestly, who is the last "great" SC quarterback to make it big in the League? He started 6 games in college, in a weak league. Tebow played four years, in the toughest conference in college football. He took over a team that was 1-4 and led that team to the playoffs. Anyone see Sanchez doing that? At the end of last year, just about the entire team was throwing him under the bus for quitting. I'll take a guy like Tebow any day, over a pampered prince like Sanchez.

7. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I am soooooo depressed!!! WHY!!!????

8. kubernetes

kubernetes New Member

Man, talk about the overreaction.

Fact: Tebow will not start because of fan pressure. Tebow zealots will be a tiny minority at Jets games and are a tiny minority of Jets fans. Lots of bible thumpers in Colorado and Florida-- not too many in NY.

Fact: If Tebow starts, it will be because he earned it, i.e. Sanchez really takes a nose dive.

Fact: He's still a great asset in the red zone or 2pt conversions. Even when everyone knows he's running he's still tough to stop.

9. reverseapachemaster

Today I am going to be mad. Tomorrow I will get over it and see how it turns out. I can't control the FO. I won't be a Tebow fan even if he is a Jet but I won't complain about any value he adds to the team.

10. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

May be based on the fact that only Blaine Gabbert was worst than him numbers wise.

11. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Exactly! All the haters will be proven wrong because they are basing their opinions on hate and emotion rather than rational thought. I predict the Jets will have a better season than the Broncos and their head puppet master John Wrongway.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I really thought he was going to Jax. Just seems like bringing in a guy to run the WC a few times a game isn't worth the risk of the same guy being able to divide the team/fans.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Cakes - the voice of reason.

Have to agree. I still think its a bad move cause the 4th rounder might have landed us another OL depth or WR or even trade bait to move up. However, if TebowChrist is in on 25% or more of the snaps as a HB or even a WR then it will definitely throw off other teams cause they won't know what the fuck is coming next.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Looks like Woody's gonna sell those PSLs after all.

I think Sparano will make good use of him, actually. But this forum is about to be flooded with Jesus freaks and anti-religious people for the next few years, bet on it.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

And you can bet your ass it will happen! Sanchez better grow a pair very very quickly.

If he let Holmes get under his skin and let it affect his performance, this is gonna be alot tougher.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Told you last night not to say that to quick ;)

17. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Tebow will never survive in the NY Media as a QB considering even CNBC just made fun of him for PowerLunch. That obviously leads me to believe if anything he's a back up but more likely, he's our answer to the Patriots TE system. To have a TE who you can occasionally line up at QB or RB and know will get you some yards is a damn good thing.

The only possibility he plays QB is in games Sanchez is throwing a lot of picks, the offense is dead, and needs a spark. In that instance, you'll see a run heavy Tebow based scheme to get us back in it.

I would have rather inked Manning if we were going to do anything with this at all. Even though Tebow is a product of today's SEC where he was unbeatable by all except Ole Miss, he's of another era, one before the forward pass, and is a waste of cap space.

The only fear should be some kind of idiot two QB scheme being drawn up over the offseason now.

[youtube]YY4deQjOrMI[/youtube]

18. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Fact: Everything you said is actually an opinion!

19. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

"pitching him into a QB battle with Mark Sanchez"

It has begun.

20. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

Sanchez has proven success? Where?? Not last year. If the Colts can let Peyton Manning go, why the kissing of Sanchez's rear? If Sanchez "needs" to be the starter, let him go out and prove it in training camp. Make him earn his snaps like every one else.