Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He will create a controversy. The fanbase will call for Sanchez's head as soon as they lose a couple of games, and he will be a huge distraction. If Denver didn't get Manning, they would have been in a really tough situation. They just got flat out lucky with the string if events that brought Peyton to Denver.

The same won't happen with the jets if tebow comes here...it will be a joke.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

2. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Oh you know of someone as bad of a player fundamentally but a bigger super star than every single player in the league? Let me know who that person is.

3. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Any chance that the trade consists of Bart Scott and a low draft pick?

4. Skagerrak

Skagerrak New Member

You know what sucks about Tebow...the Broncos message board is not filled with threads about how great it is to get Peyton, it's filled with threads where Tebowners are freaking out. As bad as it's been here the circus around Tebow is 100 times more loony. It will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

That would be stinking from the 70 season thru the 2011 season so far :sad:

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are still a top team in the NFL right now I would say. The offense was terrible last year, defense was bad, still went 8-8 and should have won more. Make a few moves and just play better overall and the Jets are in the SB mix this year. No need for Tebow though.

7. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I'm for bringing in anyone that can help win games. The guy is a playmaker. I don't think he's a good QB but no one can deny that he he has a a skill set to be effective with a specific role.

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I can't stand Tebow and the Tebowmania crap. But it all depends on what we give up. If it is a later round pick, I'm fine with it. Hell if we can unload Scott, or Hunter, or Smith in the process (wishful thinking I know) even better.

He is dynamic enough to effectively run the wildcat and the cap hit isn't that high. There would be no controversy, this is Sanchez's team and Tebow would be doing spot duty. I can live with this if the price is right.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The scary thing about Tebow is that he's ripping the mask off of the Jets intentions, which clearly are to sell PSL's not win a Super Bowl.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I completely disagree with this. If Tebow joins the Jets and Sanchez is not hot right off the bat next year we're going to be looking at a media circus all year long and we're going to watch the little that is left of this window collapse into a cesspool before the rebuilding process starts again in 2014 or so.

It'll be the last time that we look at Woody as a potential winner and who knows where the Jets go from there.

11. Jedabe

Jedabe Active Member

Upon further thought it will be nice to have someone who can step into the starting roll once Wayne Hunter gets Sanchez killed by Mario Williams next year

12. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

This would be all fine and dandy if that would be the case but lets not forget this is the NY media and fans we are talking about.

As soon as Sanchez were to throw a crucial int, have a bad game, etc. The fans would be chanting "Tebow" and ripping Sanchez on tv, in the papers, at the games. It would be unbearable. Same thing happened in Denver with Orton. It'd be 20 times worse here.

13. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I totally agree with this. Here in NY we are always head hunting. That is the way it is over here. We want immediate results. Everyone knows NY is not exactly a patient city or easy place to play in. The scary thing is, Tebowmania could reach all new heights in NY.

14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No NFL team would take Scott. If the Jets offered Denver Scott for a 12th round pick in a 7th round draft, they'd say no thanks.

15. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Steve Young.

And if Tebow goes to the Jets, there will be more Tebow than Sanchez jerseys in the standd.

16. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

You know you're allowed to be a member of another team on these boards, right?

No need to pretend like you're a Jets fan..

17. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Steve Young was also a passer, that is what people are forgetting. Tebow cannot throw a forward pass (ok maybe a bit harsh). Of course there will be more Tebow jerseys, like i said, we have never seen anything like this in sports. Tebowmania is insane.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The last thing this team needs is more drama. I know Woody wants to be back in the news again. I get that. This entire Tebow thing is nothing but a team trying to make a splash to generate some buzz (sales?) for the upcoming season.

This carnival atmosphere though has begun to worry me. Its almost as if they feel driven to make a splash in spite of themselves. I don't know what's worse. Ryan's mouth or Woody's obsession with making this franchise a media spectacle.

Be afraid Jet fans.. Be very afraid..

19. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I'd be shocked if they didn't try since they want rid of Scott anyways. Not saying they should, but I know they don't really want him on the team anymore.

20. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

So no one is willing to take Tebow for a 4th OR 5th assuming that is what Denver would take? I mean I am sure they are just as eager to get rid of him as some teams are to get him. Last thing Elway wants is to have a Tebow/Manning fiasco.