Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow (merged several times)

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RocklandJetsFan17, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Do you agree with the Jets in trading for Tebow?

1. Yes

277 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No

379 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Not according to his team mates.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If Sahid Khan wants a sold out stadium* he will...... this of course means giving up on their 1st rd QB from last year.

* the stadium actually isn't blacked out like it used to be, and how the media says it is. There's finally a fanbase that grew up with the JAGS that are old enough to buy their own tickets. It usually comes down to the last minute though

3. stinkyB

really? who?

4. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

You honestly do not see Jacksonville doing it? I am sure their owner knows a championship isn't in the NEAR future. Tebow = sells seats. The guy is a God in Florida. I think the factors that do not relate to his football abilities play a good role for certain teams who are struggling to stay afloat. Tebow brings so much exposure.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You mean one gutless anonymous source? :smile:

6. stinkyB

People started showing up at the bar where I watch the JETS when the Broncos were playing (usually wearing gator gear or a #15 broncos shirt/jersey) in mass (no pun intended :wink: ). No concept of pro-football...... half barely watched until Denver was on offense, but when he completed a rare pass........ SEE, TEBOW CAN PLAY QB!

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can see him being valuable to Jax for the purpose of selling tickets. Are they giving up on Gabbert already?

8. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

What will Tebow do here besides take up a roster spot and start a media frenzy?

As soon as Mark has a bad game, the Tebow chants will start and call for the leagues most inaccurate passer to replace another inaccurate passer.

The guy has no place here, like GQ said earlier Tebow considers himself a starting QB. Sure he'll do what is asked for him but he wants to play QB.

Trading for a guy that will cause an uproar between fans, media, the locker room for what? A few wildcat plays a game.

Remember if you have 2 QB's on your roster you really have 0.

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Competition breeds success, would i rather have another QB compete with Tebow sure. But at this point Tebow is the best available and maybe someone like Tebow is one of the few who could actually light a fire under Sanchez.

10. tommytom

tommytom Banned

We have become a circus. Woody will ruin us.

Tebow is not what we need. The first bad game Sanchez has it will be a circus.

11. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

For that 'anonymous source' there were at least 5 players who publicly stood behind him.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

13. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Didn't the Jaguars want Tebow from day 1? Tebow is unlike anything we have ever seen in sports. Give up on Gabbert, don't give up on him, I think they need to bring Tebow more than any other team in the NFL.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would love to have Tebow on this roster...

This would settle the need for a another RB.. essentially. Give the roster spot that would be given to a Green-Ellis type addition or a disappointing mid-round RB pick to Tebow. That would mean keeping 4 QBs but thats okay because they would only keep 4 RBs instead of 5. Tebow would play wildcat/short yardage QB/RB..

Its obvious the offense needs some kind of shake up. Bringing in Tony Sparano isn't enough- especially if he's got the same players Schottenheimer had. Bringing in Tebow can make the offense creative/innovative/hard to predict (something thats been missing for awhile)..

Tebow is controversial and all that I get it, but the guy is tough as nails, a winner and a leader. Who wouldn't want a guy like him on their football team? I think he could be a good influence on Sanchez even who says all the right things but is missing that ability to make his teammates believe in him and lead them. Sanchez also is very streaky and piles on himself when he makes a mistake, he could learn well from Tebow who doesn't get rattled like that.

I'm not saying I want the Jets to get Tebow and dump Sanchez I think they can make it work with both in and out. Go against the norm Be Creative with Tebow and find use in him, sorta like a QB by committee approach. Reminds me of Steve Spurrier when asked about shuffling QBs he's said "I sub in and out my tight ends, why should QBs be any different?" The QB position doesn't have to be the position that it has become over the years, it should be just like an other position. Also, just because teams have won superbowls one certain way doesn't mean thats the only way. A QB by committee approach could be tough to defend.

Along with this I am a huge fan of these spread offense QBs like Tebow - runners and passers. Newton, RG3, Etc. I think thats the future of the NFL. In 10 years I bet almost every team has a QB like them instead of the traditional drop back passers.

The only negative I can see coming out of this is that when Sanchez throws his 1st interception the fans/media are going to be screaming for Tebow. But if the staff sticks to the system and lets Sanchez know it doesn't affect them it doesn't have to be damaging. Also Tebow is just as controversial as Sanchez with his mistakes, the two of them could rally together in that regard.

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I would not want a guy like him on my football team. And Newton and RG3 can make NFL throws.

16. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Tebow will sell tickets. Woody is a CLOWN:lol:

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a dick.

18. colleen74

colleen74 Member

All this and more.

And unlike most of you I LOVE Tebow.

19. tommytom

tommytom Banned

He may be the 25th best qb.

20. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Nice post. However, a QB by committee approach? I don't think that is even remotely possible. There will be no continuity. There will be no consistency. If this were even remotely possible, I believe teams would have approached it already. QB is 1 position you cannot do a community approach because every offensive snap touches his hands. Everything runs through that 1 person, whether it be run or pass.

In regards to the second part I highlighted, those guys you mentioned are passers. Meaning, they can pass the ball with accuracy and are pass first quarterbacks. I cannot say that for RG3 because we have yet to see him in the NFL.