Mike Tolbert

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RochesterJet, Mar 6, 2012.

1. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I would rather get Michael Bush!

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Tolbert's running style is similar to Greene's. Plus he has a history of concussions. Pass.

Bush also has a running style similar to Greene's. The Jets need a change of pace back, not a stable of big running backs. Just draft a back in the middle rounds. RBs grow on trees. There is no need to spend FA money on a RB.

3. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

He has had one concission in his career (week 6 of last year VS the Bronco's). I dont know how concerning that is, but to me one concussion over 4 years isnt a reason to NOT sign a guy. He is not the same style as Green as many here seem to think. He has the ability to run you over (Greene too) but also can catch (greene cant), Pass protect (Again Greene cant, hence why we had LT in on passing situations), and he has a real burst and is shifty (Greene is a N and S runner). Yes, Bush's style is similar to Greene, but not tolbert. Again, as I have said, he is a Ray Rice clone (yet bigger) who played in a pass first offense. RB's like Tolbert arnt a dime a dosen as some here would lead you to believe... MIKE FREAKING TOLBERT!

4. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I have some questions about his conditioning too. The dude is fat.

5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Hes not fat, he's big and stocky. Rex is fat.

6. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I don't like him that much as a player, but seeing him do that dance is pretty entertaining. I don't know why everyone here is so low on McKnight. I think he can even take the spot over Greene as the starter.

7. RochesterJet

its not Madden; Mcknight should see 8-10 touches a game (and that includes pass receptions). There is no way he can take the pounding on that frame. But he is as electric as they come in the open field. I will leave you with one more note, MIKE FREKING TOLBERT!

8. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

really? this is the exact opposite feeling i get while reading these boards.

i think joe mcknight gets overrated a lot. i see a lot of comments like we don't need another rb bc we have greene, mcknight, powell. we don't need a change of pace back bc we have mcknight. i think a lot of people see mcknight and his skillset, and just assume he's going to be a quality back bc he's fast and he can catch. he's viewed at his ceiling rather than where he is right now.

what has he done as a rb in his 2 years? nooottthhiiinnnggg. bring up the buffalo game all you want, he rushed for 150 yards against a team that averaged 170 rushing yards given up a game.

i'm not even a big shonn greene fan, but there has been nothing to show that mcknight is capable of taking over for him.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Tolbert is "not sure about the circus" with the Jets.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

He actually said that?

11. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

That circus won just as many games as San Diego did last year, and 2 years ago beat his Chargers in a playoff game.

He did torch us for 6 yards on 1 catch though.

Coming from a guy that probably played on arguably the leagues most under-achieving team in history, we really shouldn't give a shit.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Apparently so. Adam Schein's tweet: "Tolbert on Jets: "They need a running back but I'm no sure about the circus."

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Impossible. Posters here said this wouldn't be a problem for any free agents.

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

meh tolbert isn't a speed guy which we need...i think michael bush, again not fast but much quicker than tolbert, should be the guy we sign

15. RochesterJet

Hu? Not way is Bush quicker than Mike Freaking Tolbert. Tolbert is a complete back on a pass first team. With that said, I wouldnt mind Bush.

16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

from the little i have seen of both backs, i think bush is a bit quicker, but its not night n day.

17. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Just saw a tweet from Adam Schein that Tolbert said " I don't know about joining the circus"

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i agree.

bush is a little faster than tolbert.

tolbert is about as fast as greene.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

He’s more explosive, better pass catcher and blocker, and has more wiggle than Greene.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Doesn't matter about speed ,its about what he can do for us, and that is pass catch and block on passing downs, exactly what we don't have in this RB stable.

Hes the best fit out there for us, it really depends now on if he's interested in this team.