Jay Glazer: Jets are out on Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PatPatriot, Mar 9, 2012.

1. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Oh. I thought we would use the savings from Sanchez to sign Peyton.

/troll

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

That the rumor I hear. Plus there saying Sanchez has no problem backing up Manning, LOL

3. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Hey i have a question for the Jet fans that are defending Sanchez. First let me say that I'm a dolphins fan, and I really don't think he's going to be successful. It's just my opinion and I acknowledge that it is definately possible that he could have a similar career path to Eli, I just don't think he will. I also think the jets are doing the right thing in bringing in a new OC and giving Sanchez another year. I think you have to with all of the time and money that they have already invested.

Ok, my question is, if Sanchez was a 3rd or 5th or 7th round pick, would you still want to keep him as the starter? Assuming he has the exact same stats and accomplishments (2 afc champ game appearances). This isn't a troll post, or meant to rub anything in, I'm just curious.

Trust me, I would never go into another teams forum to talk shit, I have enough problems with my own team. But I'm really curious to see how this next year plays out. I pray we get Manning but I'm starting to doubt it.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The answer is that if Sanchez were a 3rd, 5th or 7th round pick he'd never have seen the field unless the starter went down. The Jets have started only 1st rounders, free agents or trades since I have been watching them. Kellen Clemens got on the field for a few games in a lost season. That was it.

Brooks Bollinger and Ray Lucas got on the field only because they had no other choice, ditto for Pat Ryan. Matt Robinson got on the field because Richard Todd was injured. All 4 of those guys got swept off the field as quickly as possible after that.

5. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

sanchez would be more liked if he was a 7th round pick.

6. mystikol

mystikol New Member

I don't think Dolfans can rub anything in Jets fans' faces, so don't worry about that.

7. ugggghhh

ugggghhh New Member

Very true, but every fan base has those fans that will do anything to rub salt in an open wound, regardless of their own teams struggles.

I just like talking football, even with rivals.

Also, as a side note, I really hope you guys don't get trent richardson in the draft. I would hate it if the dolphins had to play against him twice a year. That guys a beast and IMO he's gonna be a good one. The dolphins don't really have a major need at Rb, but I would even be willing to take him.

8. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

This is great news!

9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Bingo!!! Great response.

10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Dolphin fans have to stop. When was the last time they won a Super Bowl?