Sanchez signs extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skeleton_frames, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No point in bringing in competition now for the QB spot is it? Might as well stand pat with the 4 QB's we already have on the roster as Sanchez will start no matter what happens short of injury.

Oh well... Another day in Jetland.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

And you wonder why people dont take your posts seriously.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

After 43 years of nothing but losing do you really expect Jets fans to be the Sunshine Boys? Especially in light of the contracts and draft picks our asshole GM has made over the past 4 years.

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Damn, now we're stuck with Sanchez. If anyone was paying attention last year they would see he can't block, can't get open, can't catch, can't run, can't tackle and is a locker room cancer. We're doomed to a 2-14 season...if we're lucky.

5. Reece

Reece Banned

i was being careful with my words not to offend anyone, but we were saying the same thing. I do think its smart to restructure his contract for cap relief, but I mentioned that Sanchez won't be with the Jets for more than 2 years. I highly doubt anyone would've traded a 3rd for Sanchez, especially with his performance and contract. The kid plays well at times, but is too inconsistent. A lot of fans blame it on the offensive line, wide receiver play, defensive woes, etc, but the kid will either be a backup or out of the league when the Jets cut him loose.

6. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Sanchez Sucks???? really people??? 2 AFC Championship games and a 8-8 season please!!! If you think that sucks...you "kids" should have been around the past 30 years.....I remember hoping for 5 wins in a year...he will be fine..he just needs players around him that will not quit.

7. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

I'd much rather not be taken seriously for being right, than be a coward and follower for the wrong reasons. When it's all said and done, I know that folks like me will be proven right for our prognostications on Sanchez and all of you homers will be lining up at the crow buffet.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

This is a great move in my eyes. It was pretty obvious we weren't on Peyton's short list of teams, so why not lock the kid up, free up some cap space, and go address things like an OLB, a safety, and some OL help.

9. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

At worst Sanchez will be a career backup who gets a chance every once in a while from a sad sack team to be a starter. No chance he'll be out of the league in 2 years. I'm not the biggest Sanchez fan, but lets be realistic here.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

So essentially you feel as though myself saying that Sanchez is clearly a better option than Chad Henne and youre insane if you actually think he is an upgrade is being a "coward and follower for the wrong reasons"?

Right....

I may be a "homer" but I'm a Jets fan and also a realistic one at that. I'm not some overactive, nonsensical "fan" that thinks of any possible way to either bash Sanchez or take any absurd viewpoint as long as its not associated with supporting our current QB.

11. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

The extension is risky but needed to be done. Cap flexibility and showing confidence in Sanchez are important. The Peyton Manning saga needs to be put behind all Jet fans. I expect the Jet's to be active but not crazy. Jarrett Johnson seems likely, have to get a WR. I believe in Sanchez but he needs better players around him.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

What The Fuck?????????

13. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

WTF,only people happy about this are all the teams we play next year.

WTF were they thinking.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who cares? You're a terrible fan and you know nothing about football.

And you're fat.

15. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

What am I missing here? People need to stop looking at the entire contract. You know how many NFL players get to actually play out their entire contract? The answer is very few. We are committed to Sanchez for two more years (one of which we already knew of for 2012). So an extra year of Sanchez with a much lower cap number in 2012 to plug in some holes on this team.

16. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Ding ding ding. And I think it also lower his number for 2013 as well. We were committed to him for two more years anyway, this solidifies it. If he blows we kick him to the curb after 2013 for nothing. If he excels? He is going to be locked in to a really 'cheap' deal as far as QB's go in 2014-2016.

#176 nyjetsrule, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

he didn't take a step back last year. He just didn't take a giant leap forward which everyone was expecting him to do.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I disagree, I thought he clearly wasn't as good in '11 as he was in '10. Much of that was not his fault w/ the poor OL, poor run game situation and the crazy WR situation but I don't think he was anywhere close to where he was in 2010 despite better #s across the board.

I am still 100% confident in him to be our guy for the next decade and this news was great for all of us.

19. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

he was let down by our OL play, no doubt. Hopefully they have a plan in place to address that with the extra cap space. But I will say, I'm happy with the extension. If we can get back to ground and pound, start dictating coverage again, he'll be able to make the throw when we need him to.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

It's official, this franchise is run by fucking morons.

Fire Mike Tannenbaum.

And please Woody, sell this fucking team.

This is a fucking joke. Extending the worst starting qb in the NFL and not pursuing Peyton Manning is preposterous.