whats so good about clinksdale?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ekaarons, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ekaarons

ekaarons Member

in my opinion.the jets should really look beyond clinksdale.just checkout his history for the last five years.the jets should look to teams like greenbay and baltimore.to seriously think about making a change for the future.

2. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I believe Clincsacales and Bradway need to draft well in order to keep their jobs

3. jets12

jets12 Active Member

If we had a real GM instead of an accountant he would have come to that conclusion three years ago.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

They don't draft players, they gather info and make recommedations, Tanny has the final say.

You guys crack me up, the Jets since Tanny has been GM, has been better than average drafting players. DBrick, Mangold, Revis, Harris....4 Pro Bowl players. All 4 players weren't superstars their 1st season, but you could see potential.

Young upcoming players.....Mo Wilk & Kyle Wilson both have shown potential.

Having the guts to trade up for Sanchez.

Every team has some misses. Most NY Jets fans (all NFL fans) have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft. No teams bats 100%, every team has whiffs. Like I said, the Jets have been better than average

IMO, Tanny's weakness is bringing Free Agents that aren't a good fit. The Jets need to focus on drafting "the right players" and build through the draft.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Baltimore & Green Bay haven't drafted better than Jets lately, especially B-More, I think they have regressed.

Both teams have had misses, especially Baltimore more recently.

Baltimore had more success prior to the last 5 years drafting players. Green Bay has done better recently, but I see quite a few misses in the 1st 3 rounds the last 5 years.

6. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

For the few whiffs we've had in the last couple years. Its still much better then it was pre 2000. Some of the those drafts made me cry.

7. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Very very well said and I couldn't agree more!

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

damn it schotty is gone.(thank god) and we will not rest until we find a new whipping boy in the orginization.you defending people is not helping

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If Sanchez pans out those guys look absolutely brilliant.

He without a doubt is make or break.

People just think our team is devoid of talent because of how significant the QB is in Goodells nfl.

If Sanchez can even be a top 15 qb (yep that bar is quite low), this team would be quite legit

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I don't think Sanchez breaks anything. You can say what you want about trading up the times that Tanny has done it lately or whatever else. But the guys that they have brought in here lately have been absolute studs left and right. I really don't think we could have drafted much better overall with the picks we were working with during that time. Sure here and there you can find some misses but tell me who that isn't true for.

11. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

GM's are tied to there QB more than any other postiions, with Mark being a top 5 pick and all the money he has made/will make that only makes things worse. So in a way DCM is correct Mark is the make or break for Tanny.....

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

But Sanchez isn't a bust. He already has 2 AFCCG's in his first two years. That's a successful career for your average highly drafted qb. If Sanchez gets a career ending injury it isn't on Tanny. If he doesn't get injured it's clear he's going to bring us back to the playoffs at least a couple of times absolutely worst case. We're not talking about some totally unknown rookie commodity. The kid is a winner. The only question is whether he's a solid pick or the kind that makes even the stubbornest of internet haters support their GM.

Also, even if Sanchez doesn't pan out quite to expectations it doesn't mean Tanny is a shitty GM or should be replaced by any means. Even if you are pretty sure Tanny isn't a top 10 GM (which I am NOT ceding the possibility of here by any means) that's no reason to can the guy. if he isn't in the bottom third then it isn't worth the risk of ending up with a disaster for your next guy. If you think there is any chance at all in the world Tanny is in the bottom third you need to open your eyes and grow up. Have you seen some of the clowns that run a few of these teams?

#13 PolygamyWinsChampionships, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  14. BobLivius

BobLivius New Member

You're right on message. The Jets have done well recently in drafting players. The Draft is a crap shoot. Overall, the Jets have done well.