AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I have a feeling they will be leaving the farm next episode.

2. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i hope so, its getting very stale. i just hate that you know they are going to leave it on a huge cliff hanger and we have to wait till october to continue the story.

3. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I always loved season 2 of lost because how they make the bizarre transition from sleeping in tents in the jungle to listening to records and taking hot showers. And when Micheal betrays the group that was like the biggest twist ever and I was going berserk hahaha

4. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i remember being addicted to lost, it was a great show. but i never finished the last 5 episodes or so, it just got so weird and kinda shitty i just lost interest

5. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

As a huge LOST fan, I can't believe that you made it that far and didn't finish! You owe it to yourself to watch the last few episodes, man. Of course, even though I'm a huge fan of the show, I have to realize that not everyone else is.

In any case, back to the Walking Dead, yeah, I seriously hope they leave the farm soon. There's nothing left to do there.

6. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

**Spoiler**

Nope...and after reading the comic version... him and Dale were shit tons better in the comic. So different... but you can only put so much on cable TV. Seeing what happened in the last episode, kinda makes me wonder if they even end up at the prision. Sophia lives in the comic too BTW.

#766 The Green Dude, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  7. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i know, if its still on netflix ill probably finish it, i still remember most of it. yeah they need to get off the farm. from where im at in the comic the next location they go to after the farm has a much better stoyline.

8. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ya but it looks like they are only using what they want from the comics for the show... such a big difference in the storyline and characters.

9. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Season 6 is very polarizing. The island story is very strong, but the off-island (flash-sideways) story is more allegorical than narrative....which makes it hard to follow for some. However, upon a second viewing, Season 6 works much better in the larger context of the story. When you aren't trying to figure out what the flash-sideways mean, you can see that it is brilliant storytelling. That said, Season 6 is still not among my favorite LOST seasons. I'd order them: 5, 3, 1, 4, 6, 2.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I gave up watching after season 5. I was tired of the show long before that and just couldn't drag myself through a final season of flash-this-way-and-that. Show started out really good to me, first couple of seasons. Then it was downhill and you never really got any answers.

11. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This episode was bad until the end. I thought the end was brilliant, I kind of saw it coming. A lot of shows kill off characters right after the actor has his best performance. It guess it has to do with motivation to get more work afterwards. I have a feeling that season 3 is going to be pure gold, even though this season was very slow paced.

#772 Barcs, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

I was really hoping that the kid they were holding prisoner was going to break out and kill Dale. That would have been absolutely poetic.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Season 6 would have been so much better if they didn't bother with the flash sideways thing. The writers had 5 seasons to develop the characters. Doing it again, in a slightly different way was overkill and a waste of time. It was great writing, but not conducive to the plot at that point. I would have much rather had more scenes about the island's past and the man in black. We barely got anything about him, and way too many questions were left unanswered as a result. Sure it makes for the sappy feelgood ending, but there could have been other ways to do that. They def dropped the ball in 6 and it's still one of my favorite shows of all time.

#774 Barcs, Mar 8, 2012
  15. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

I feel the flash sideways were a major part in explaining the point of the entire show, which in my opinion has to fate and destiny, and that no matter what twists and turns your life takes, you still never fully have control of where your life will take you in the end.

I thought the whole "becoming the next jacob by drinking a cup of water" ruined the whole season for me tho. They couldn't have thought of anything better?

No matter what they say, I think there was some problems between all of the producers/network/actors or whatever and they pretty much just said fuck it lets end this thing

#775 CONN-JET.2.0.3., Mar 8, 2012
  16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let's just say that you are in for a treat.

I really don't want to spoil anything, you are better off learning more as you watch it play out.

17. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think the show took many risks...most of which paid off.

I agree that the flash-sideways were key to the theme of the show. Beyond fate-destiny, the show was also about redemption and letting go of your past. The second episode of the series was named "Tabula Rasa" or blank slate. Later in Season 1, Locke tells Shannon, "Everyone gets a new life on this island." So, even if you don't take advantage of that opportunity, you can in the next life ("See you in another life, Brotha"). In the season 6 premier, Rose tells Jack on the plane, "You can let go now."

It is no mistake that there are repeated phrases and imagery.

MAN IN BLACK: They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.
    JACOB: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

We go around and around...until we get it right.

Drinking the cup of water doesn't make you the next Jacob. That is a symbolic gesture....like drinking the blood of Christ. The fact that you take the drink means that you are committing to the job.

I also don't believe that all that much is left unanswered. I think there is enough info to connect the dots and draw your own conclusions on the big things like "What is the island", "What is the smoke monster", "Who was in Jacob's cabin", "What caused infertility", "Who built the statue". The truly unanswered questions (Libby in the mental institution, Outrigger Chase, Walt's "powers", etc) are not super critical to the overall story.

18. GATA

GATA Member

I love how the man who is trying to bring some type of civil nature to the group gets killed off. I called it before the new age Macbeth ft Zombie Apocalypse ...
    But in reference to the original post. I think it's going to take a couple more.

Has anyone read the comics?

19. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

do you know any good lost site / message boards ? After I finished the series I went online thinking that there would be some sort of awesome all encompassing lost site but I was disappointed when all I found was a few random discussions by people that don't really understand the show.

20. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

i still feel i wasted my time