Community is back on March 15th, NBC, 8 pm.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Before I signed up I thought there was a thread on the show, but I guess I was mistaken. Anyways, Community is back as in the thread title. Still no word on if a season 4 is happening. Parks and Rec is being pushed back til Mid-April until 30 Rock finishes up. Glad to see it is back, one of the funniest and most underrated shows on tv.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/community-nbc-sets-midsea_n_1291728.html

#1 displacedfan, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Thought this show wouldn't last as long due to the setting taking place in a two year college. I've only watched the first season though so im not up to date on what has been going on.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

3. mystikol

mystikol New Member

So they're bringing back 1 great show, but they have to push back another great show? How about dumping some of the crappier ones?

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Makes too much sense.

Btw this is all Big Bang Theory's fault

5. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

I don't think they have any intention of going past 4 seasons. So hopefully they get one last season to finish the series and end with them graduating.

6. displacedfan

Agreed. I think community is much funnier and more clever. If anyone has not watched Remedial Chaos Theory from season 3, you have to. One of the best written episodes in sitcom. So many layers, and explains everyone's relation to the group.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

You can get a 4 year degree from most community colleges, so I can see it going for 4 seasons.

Community is one of my favorite shows, but it's kind of an acquired taste, I admit. First season I didn't like it very much, but now the writing has gotten so much better, it's awesome. There are also a ton of references to old episodes and inside jokes that veteran watchers get.

I can't believe they took it off the air to begin with.

8. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Six seasons and a movie! Glad to see this returning can we dump Whitney or that horrible Chelsea Handler show instead??!

9. displacedfan

They weren't getting good ratings so NBC pulled it. I loved how they wrote into the final episode before the break about "going to regionals" to explain the break. The funny thing is that 30 Rock has been getting equal or worse ratings than Community in the same timeslot so hopefully NBC realizes it isn't the show.

No word on a 4th season unfortunately. I'm hoping we get another paintball episode this season.

10. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I like 30 Rock and Community, I don't understand how these quality shows don't get ratings but utter crap (two and a half men?) does? What is wrong with Merica?

11. displacedfan

I don't know. I think I read in the 8:00 timeslot is Big Bang Theory which I think has gotten very repetitive and American Idol which somehow still draws fans.

Since NBC shows are very accessible through Hulu and Netflix, less people watch especially through Nielson rating boxes. Add on that 30 Rock/Community have a bigger college student audience, and they are likely to watch it when they have time later or if they have time they don't have cable boxes that take in ratings.

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I'm 26 and I worked third shift for 7 years. I can tell you I haven't watched a show at 8pm on any night my entire adult life. DVR and internet is where it's at. The Nielsen rating system and appointment television are archaic and irrelevant.

13. displacedfan

I completely agree. Networks still use it though and I don't there is a way yet on how to calculate internet viewers and DVR viewers.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I attempted to sit through Whitney once and I'd rather be at the dentist. She must suck some great cock and swallow because that's the only reason I can see that show still on.

I owe this board on getting me into the show thanks to the original crossover thread, it also got me into 30 Rock which I love and Parks and Rec.

15. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Who gives a fuck if they "should" graduate? It's not about having consistent, evolving, temporally-consistent plot; just keep the show going.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Parks and Recreation might be NBC's best show on Thursdays right now. And they decide to push that back? Who the hell even watches Up All Night? I don't.

17. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

^ Parks and Rec sucks.

18. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I've seen a few episodes, I gave it the benefit of the doubt considering Will Arnett from Arrested Development and I grew up watching Applegate on Married..with Children, it had it's moments much better than most of the shit but not on par with Parks and Rec/30 Rock/Community.

You're wrong, I'll admit the shows first 8 - 10 episodes are pretty rough but the show grew into itself and is consistent.

19. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

My fiancee loves the show, so I end up watching it too. It's actually not bad.

I'll admit also that I haven't really watched it. I've tried but it just didn't seem funny. I know that isn't enough info to go on. :p

20. mystikol

mystikol New Member

P&R's first handful of episodes really weren't great. But then it turns really awesome.