Fact or Fiction: Are most Jets fans really Mets fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pimentel79, Jan 26, 2008.

?

What's your allegiance

Poll closed Feb 3, 2008.
  1. Jets/Yankees

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Jets/Mets

71 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Jets/other

33 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Jets Mets Knicks Islanders

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

You are a moron I fucking hate the Giants. I was born in 1990 when there was no connection between the Jets and the Mets. So I don't understand where this phantom connection between the Giants and the Yankees comes from? Because the Yankees and Giants are covered on YES and the Jets and Mets are on SNY? What other dumb ass reason would it be? You are the one who likes the vagiants.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jets and mets were more LI teams? It was the Yanks/Giants in Yankee stadium,and the Jets/Mets at shea for some time. I think they did a survey on this a while back by region and it confirmed that there were more Met-Jet fans on LI and Queens,and more Giants-Yankees in other areas and Manhattan pretty much split. I don't know,thats just how i always viewed it. But i'm a Jet/Yankees fan.

4. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

5. GeorgeV

GeorgeV New Member

Jets, Mets, Islanders, Knicks but was also a Nets fan as a kid...saw them play at the Island Garden...Use to hate the Yankees and Rangers as a kid...not so now.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Jets, Yankees, Rangers, Knicks

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

The meaning is pain.

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

For a fan who grew up in the 70s the charismatic figures in NY were Joe Namath and Thurman Munson. Jets and Yankees.

Granted one was flashy and one blue collar but even so those were the reasons I followed the teams.

9. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The Mets and Jets are def for those who root for the underdogs. I always disliked the "look how many championships we have so were better" wanna be elite teams.

The only teams in ny that are relevant in their sport for a long period of time are the Giants and Yankees. The Jets, Knicks, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, and Nets don't have the titles to be called Elite. Therefore they can be under dogs, but Giants and Yankee fans are front runners, band wagon followers. Obviously not all are but that's almost 80% true in my personal experience.

I have a huge family and can attest to the followers, vs the under dogs. Imo Jet fans tend to rebellious, and are also more likely to be leaders.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It's funny. I wonder how many "front runners" the Jets have since 1.Parcells 2. Chad and Herm 3. Brett Favre 4. Our recent run. My guess would be a lot. I'll bet a good number of posters here were leured in by one of those. To call Giant and Yankee fans front runners is ridiculous. Every team that has any success has baited some at one point or another.