Lesson of the day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Feb 5, 2012.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What's funny is that depending on your interpretation of the rules this could be perceived as a troll/bait post. I guess it's all good cus your name is highlighted in red.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There is a difference between backing your team and critically analyzing it. There is nothing wrong to say a team has weaknesses, that doesn't mean I don't bleed Green and White for the Jets. I know we don't have the best front 7, but I will argue to death that we have the best CB in the world. There is a difference between being a straight homer and fan. I'm sure 99% of the people here will back the team even if they went 0-16 (I remember some poster here switching to a NYG fan so I put 99) but we would not be saying they are the best at anything. You can criticize and still be a die hard. It is dumb to think this team doesn't need improvement.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Agreed we suck this year and thinking everyone of our players were the best is what got us to the bad season in the first place.

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Sorry but are wrong, yes, luck plays a role but it is not the end all be all

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

seriously the whining is pathetic.

draft well really, if you dont have a franchise qb it's the next best thing you can do.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

[​IMG]

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Draft well. Play them soon. Extend early.

That's how you build a strong franchise year in and year out.

NOT BY SIGNING ALL THE FREE AGENTS.
    NOR BY TRADING THE PICKS AWAY AT EVERY POSSIBLE CHANCE.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Actually the Texan's can't franchise him. Doing so would force them to pay him something like $26 million per year (not the exact number but trust me it's ridiculous).

I would love Mario Williams but Revis and friends put us in a tough place with the salary cap when we gave out extensions like they were candy. Signing Williams would lead us to some pretty tough places personnelwise. We would probably have to cut Sanchez at a minimum.

We could probably squeeze a free agent pass rusher under the cap but Mario Williams is a former #1 overall and a physical freak of nature. I would set my sights lower (John Abraham for example) or wait until next year. One by one the Giants pass rushers (Osi, JPP, Tuck, etc. will come up for free agency. There is no way the Giants can resign all of them. One or two of them can play for us and they wouldn't even have to move across the country to do so.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

It's not like they had a hall of fame tight end that was really good at catching the ball.

10. Phear

Phear New Member

Haha, the amount of stupid in the post challenges those of jetsown22 and milcus. I'm hardly a SOJF, anyone who reads my posts on this board can see that. I am however, a realist. I love this team, but to say this team has no flaws simply because they are the Jets is just fucking ignorant. I'm not "talking shit on my team" just because I acknowledge that they have areas to improve in. By your logic Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Tom Brady because Sanchez plays for the Jets.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Safety in 1st quarter, countless hits, and the pressure that caused INT.

2. When Brady had like 5 seconds, he completed passes after passes. When he had to roll out, more often than not, he had to eat the dirt. (which he did all game.)

3. Rewatch the two ass-raping Brady gave to Jets during the two games. He literally had all day in the pocket.

I am not just talking about Jets front seven with today's game in mind. When was the last time Jets front seven actually applied pressure? Against Luke fucking McCown? Jason Campbell torched this defense at will for crying out loud.

12. no psls

no psls Banned

SOJ - same old jets

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. SOJF. Same Old Jets Fans. Giants won the SB. Fire and cut everyone. Sign everyone else.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This isn't a time to hate on the Pats, this is a time to be jealous of the Giants and hate ourselves.

Where are your priorities??!??!!?!?

WHY ARE YOU ACTING MATURE?!11.1!?!?!?!?!11../11./1\\

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its football 101 - a pass rush will rattle the QB (no matter who he is) and he'll make mistakes.

Its fun watching Brady have to move off his spot constantly. Its not common because of his quick release and his ability to slide in the pocket, as well as the protection he gets from a good OL that understands defenses and from Brady himself calling out the protections.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't think our pass rush is that bad but it can be better which in turn will make our defense a lot better.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Gronkowski couldn't move and Brady had plenty of time most of the game.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and that's why you're not a Admin or a Mod Ace.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Among other things

20. ybelppa

ybelppa New Member

I hate the Giants....Today Sux!!!

Jets have a long way to go! First they have to fix the locker room!!