Am I alone in hoping the Giants lose?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jesterjetman, Feb 1, 2012.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

You do wonder what happened to Tommy's 'Talk is cheap, play the game' stance when we played them. His team's been doing nothing but talking this week.

2. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

My point was that it will suck A LOT if the Giants won.

3. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I think the Giants are going to romp. The Pats are going to run a gimmick no huddle with Hernandez lining up all over the place...WR/TE/HB. If you have to run a gimmick offence then your not doing your meat and potatoes and your subject to breakdowns, missed assignments, bad reads, etc.

The Giants defense is disciplined and doesn't over pursue. They've also been good at adjusting on the fly all playoffs.

Between that and Gronks ankle I think I'll be a long day for their O.

On D, well their D can't catch a cold. Cruz and Nicks will eat them alive, no matter what gimmicks they try and throw at them.

#103 davecrazy, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Very true except the Pats are not a meat and potatoes team...they are by far the most finesse/"gimmicky" team in the NFL. The gimmick is their meat & potatoes. THat being said, my guess is that if the Pats succeed, they will run the ball more often than expected and Green-Ellis could have a big day.

5. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Perfect SB I think anyway....Giants D end Brady's career....I think if the Patty's win the only ones who will care are the jerks in Boston.If the Giants win we will never hear the end of it....So The Giants win in the most boring SB ever 6-0 Brady is done and Manning throws 4 int's....just sayin

6. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

I want a tie game with non-deciding overtimes that results in something ridiculous like a coin toss at the end determining who wins.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

not annoyed the talk -- could care less...but when they played the jets they made a big deal how teams should shut up and play the game and talk is cheap..yet now all they are doing is talking and saying well it is different because we are just confident.

Nope can't have it both ways.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well that is what happens when you say U R going win (see RR) then lose you deserve every bit of thrash talk thrown at U

OTH if we won there are enough NYJ fans out there that would do exactly the same to the NYGs fans

Your just jealous that the other team that plays in MetLife Stadium is in the SB & the one U root for is not:sad:

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Even worse, I've read articles stating that if Eli wins, he will be in the HOF. My jaw dropped when I read that. He's been a middle of the pack QB his ENTIRE career, and now because he has one great season, we're ready to enshrine him in Canton? GTFO

10. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

This is a no-win scenario for a Jets fan, but I cannot root for New England no matter what. No way. I'm not doing cartwheels if the Giants win, but I don't want to be in the same division as the Superbowl champs. Go Giants.

11. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Good call, Pats need to rush for 125-150 yards today or the Giants DLine will tee off on Brady all game long.

12. NYJFan10

Eli's been getting steadily better his whole career, and I think the point of saying he's going to the HOF is the assumption he 'will' put up five or six more elite seasons in a row. Not so much a 'if his career ended Monday he'd be in the HOF', I don't buy that - otherwise Jim Plunkett should be there too.

13. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

if the pats lose, they're gonna be in crazy f u mode next yr and beat the shit out of everyone.

14. NYJFan10

They've been 29-6 the last two years, how much more are they going to beat the shit out of everyone?

15. wexy

wexy Member

No, I could never ever root for the Patriots.

16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Thankfully for Pats, they have an OC who believes in going w/what works, rather than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, like Jets former OC

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'll say it one more time
    Brady hangs 70 on the Vagiants then JPP kneecaps him in the 4th quarter of the blowout

Win win

18. Braylon4ever

Hey...The Jets and Rex got what they deserved in the end. I'm not denying that but for them to get on their high-horse and say all that crap, and then turn around and do what they said they wouldn't do??? Fuck that crap!! I WANT THEM TO LOSE AND LOSE BIG!!!

oh and one more thing : :sad:

I think I'll follow your lead and use that smiley at the end of every post of mine from now on.

#118 Braylon4ever, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  19. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Jints all the wayyyy!!!!

20. Braylon4ever

Yeah I was floored when I heard that, too.

I mean....SINCE WHEN HAS THE HOF'S STANDARDS DROPPED SO LOW THAT THEY'D CONSIDER SUCH A MIDDLE-OF-THE-ROAD QB FOR THE HOF?

The Giants were literally one loss(to the Jets/Cowboys) away from missing the playoffs and Coughlin getting fired.....

:sad: