2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Damn I thought somehow everyone would forget about Martin and I could make a surprise pick with the Ravens.

I'll throw out my pick in a second.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

After his great Senior Bowl week it's hard not to forget about Martin, I love this kid's potential.

He's going to be a very good NFL player, his motor never stops.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Great pic JTJ!!!!

I like Cole and almost picked him for the Jets in rd 3.

I think Cole would look awesome in Green and White!!

4. JohnnyThaJet

Went with Audie Cole from NC State. He needs to make the transition from 4-3 ILB to 3-4 ILB and there will be a learning curve but the Ravens organization is perfect for kids coming in and learning from there veterans. Cole is a hard nosed kid who IMO is very under rated he can blitz very effectively , is an above average pass defender , and is a former boxer so he's already for that tough Raven mentality.

I think with time he can be one of the two future replacements at ILB for the Ravens.

5. JohnnyThaJet

Thanks man.

He'd be a smart pick. Many are saying Cole can only play in a 4-3/ Tampa 2 but I like him all over the field. He's really a great player and I hope is more recognized come April. He could make an impact his rookie year IMO.

6. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Dammit! I was locked in on Cole for the Giants. Looks like I'll have to go another route now....

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I should say, his senior bowl practice reports sound like TO when he was at the combine.

I remember reading an article quite a few years ago that talked about the draft class of WRs from 1996 and it gave a paragraph on each one of the top 15. It compared what they were like on those few days and then what became of them as pros, it gave anecdotal stories from other WRs in that class that were quite humorous.

I remembered TOs specifically because it was the funniest. It mentioned circus catches as well as inconsistent drops and poor route running. Very raw talent, it also mentioned that although he was a small school prospect he made big waves and was one to watch, he garnered tons of attention and was quite memorable in personality and skillset.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

San Fran pick will be up shortly

9. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

I wanted to go Cole with the last Pittsburgh pick, but I think he'll be around in the 4th. I'm not sure if he'll run that fast at the combine, maybe a 4.7-4.8. He doesn't look overly fast to me, which shouldn't matter much in a 3-4.

He's been on my radar all season, all because I found out he use to be a QB. Those conversions intrigue me, just like with Paul Krueger and one of his brothers...

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Congrats and thanks to everyone the draft is officially over.

I appreciate everyone's commitment and hope you had fun.

I will be sending out PMs today assigning teams for the 7 Round mock which will start in late March or very early April. I have to wait for the comp pick which should be out late March.

Watch for your PM today....for getting a Team(s).

11. Sir

Sir New Member

Great job everyone, the draft ran smooth and was great!! This was my second TGG mock draft and it was just as enjoyable as the first. Looking forward to the 7 rounder!

As always a special thanks to WW85 for being in charge and running the draft, without you there would be no annual TGG drafts! Thanks!

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I never thought for a second he'd be available at 61...

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Oh I most totally agree, this weekend when I was around, it was driving me nuts things were going so slow. Then this week when real world obligations took over it became increasingly hard to follow.

The real draft runs quickly because its everyones only obligation for that time. Which of course cant really happen in reality.

I like the idea of blocking out 3 hours and knocking out multiple rounds. That would make it interesting, and fly by. Not that its easy no matter what, it might be worth trying.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Great job by everybody and congratulations WW85, I know how stressed you were about this whole thing but I'm glad it worked out and ran smoothly for you. I think I am going to frequent this section of the board a little more. It was very educational for me as I don't really follow the combine/all star games very much but I learned a lot these past few days.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Massie in the 3rd... what do you guys think? For the Jets I mean.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Once again these drafts are always fun to do and be apart of. I enjoy it everytime WW85 does it and would be more than happy to be apart of the real deal 7 rounder pretty soon.

I will be posting this 3 round draft at NFLDC to see what they feel as that forum is scattered with countless of other team fanbases.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

A few notes on the players that have been commented about on this page:

Doug Martin had no business still being on the board in the 3rd round. As WW mentioned, his motor never stops. Like Ray Rice, he'll do everything for your offense. He'll run, he'll catch, he'll block (he was the most impressive back in this area during SB practices). If I had the Bengals 2nd round pick, I would have taken Doug Martin over David Wilson.

Audie Cole was one of the most impressive players at the SB. If we're looking for a long-term replacement for Bart Scott I'd be very excited if we went with Cole.

Tommy Streeter has a lot of upside for a player drafted towards the very end of the 3rd round. At 6'5 and rumored to be able to run a 4.3, he was very difficult to pass up with the Bucs 3rd round pick.

18. JohnnyThaJet

I think the best part about the 3 rounder this year is no one had a bad draft at all. I look at each team and all GMs did a great job filling needs of there teams while also doing a good job at picking players who should have an immediate impact. So on that standpoint, great job everyone. This thing was a lot of fun and went very well IMO.

I can't wait for the 7 round mock. It should be very interesting and i advise any posters not involved pay close attention to this draft forum. It has been run extremely well and not to be bias but the best place on this site to learn about the Jets needs, college players, the draft in general, and get extremely insightful opinions by a bunch of really intelligent posters.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

If anyone drops out I would love to get involved - I <3 the draft.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'd like to throw my name in the hat for the 7 rounder too, I was apart of the first few of these back in the day. Not really sure why i haven't been invited back.