Nose Tackle Hole !!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SackMaster99, Aug 12, 2006.

1. SackMaster99

SackMaster99 New Member

If D-Rob dosen't start showing Mangini he can fill the nose, and with Pouha on IR who's gonna get the spot ?
    How about Titus Adams, at 305 got decent size and i've read he has great feet
    or
    Big Bad Tui, 350 say no more, but can he play, anyone think he has a chance ?
    or
    Draft or pick up free agent (though no one springs to mind)

What does everyone think

:martin:

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Robertson played fine. Why is everyone so down on him? He held his ground fine, it was Kimo and Ellis who both rushed outside and left our LB's out to dry.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Tui is pretty much a guarantee to make the team now with Pouha going on the IR.

4. SackMaster99

SackMaster99 New Member

I'm not down on Robertson, hell I hope he has fantastic season !!!
    Just wanted to know what people take on the other options.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I thought Adams was a super steal in round 7, but haven't heard a word about him at camp. (?)

6. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with your point that Robertson played fine. I just finished watching the first half of the game and keyed on Robertson very closely. Kimo and Ellis not doing their job(I'll have to watch again later) has nothing to do with my following points:

-The most alarming thing was that he wasn't even able to command a double team. Less than a quarter of the time did Tampa even bother to send two blockers at him. If your nose can't command a double team it's all downhill from there.

-What's even more alarming was how Robertson handled one-on-one blocking. Over and over again he was engaged by the blocker and proceeded to just fall down. In some situations falling down can be a good thing as you take your man with you and effectively clog the middle. This wasn't the case though. He just fell down while his blocker remained on his feet and was free to move on to block another man.

If this is any indication of how Robertson will be playing over the course of the season our defense is in BIG trouble. Hopefully he can turn it around - but I am not very confident after seeing what I just saw.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I still don't think Robertson is suited for the nose in a 3-4, but I don't think they are going to address that hole seriously this season. This is a process. If they sign any player to play nose between now and game 1, it will be a 1-year stopgap and we'll be asking each other these same questions next year.

Hopefully Tannenbaum will not continue Bradway's long-standing tradition of ignoring critical holes and future depth.

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

we're going to struggle for at least 2 years because of Boobway's many errors. We still have several bad contracts on the books and several overpaid underachievers thanks to Birdbrain Boobway.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: you are exactly right, but most of the people here do not recognize that noodle arm is one of them.:sad:

10. englishron

englishron New Member

i bet sackmaster99 is a liverpool fan

#10 englishron, Aug 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
  11. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

DROB did fairly well i thought. I mean they really never blitzed. They did 3 man rushes but still put pressure on the qb (well not as much "pressure" but they collapsed the pocket fairly well i though). I mean he was facing TRIPLE teams. and still pushed back the line with kimo and ellis.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Any astute observer would realize that:

1) When the Jets entire first string defense was in the game, the Bucs gained a total of 11 yards in the first quarter

2) The Bucs didn't gain yards until some replacements were made at LB

3) If people watched the game instead of the scoreboard to measure a team in pre-season, they would have noticed that the Jets had three long drives in the first half and could have had 10-14 more points, while the Bucs fumbled twice on their only drive, one of which would have resulted in a turnover had the instant reply been in effect.

4) It was Ellis who was terrible, and I continue to stress that signing this underachiever to a big contract instead of Abraham is the biggest mistake the Jets have made in the last two years. $15 million for 2 sacks and a consistent lack of effort and production. He certainly doesn't scare any offenses nor does he force turnovers.

As for Mr NY Jet, your posts are so repetitive and boring it is getting ridiculous. In every thread, we have to read your infintile noodle arm crap. Your complete lack of knowledge and depth is a shame. Is there anything you know about the Jets? Is there any opinion you hold other than that Pennington has a weak arm? Is there anything you have to add to any discussion?

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I like Tui's size but I really want to see more of him. We were still getting run on when he was in there so it's hard to say. I think D-Rob looked the best of all of them. Plus I am sure there will be more blitzing in the comin preseason games so there will be more LB help to fill the holes made when the NT getsd handled.

14. Imagesrdecieving

wrong.

a majority of the time they didn't even respect Drob with a double team. He had a very bad game. He wasn't even able to hold his own against a single blocker.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:up: :up: :up:

16. jets05

jets05 New Member

robertson is not meant for this system. he'll be gone next year. we have pope who can fill it up but buckner and grady jackson are still on the market. why not. robertson got beat every play i watched and it created awful problems for vilma. i never thought id ever look at any jet boxscore, preseason or regular and see vilmas name at the bottom credited with one assisted tackle. he played a full qtr..we need to do something there or we will be run over all season

17. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Yea, I agree. I think I'd be more concerned if I were a Bucs fan than a Jets fan after that game. Bucs are close to playoff territory and we're not. Granted that Cadillac wasn't playing and Sims wasn't in long, but they have more to be worried about now.

18. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Pope is gone, and Buckner is undersized for NT, Jackson would be alright, I guess we will see what happens but maybe D-Rob can be the guy in the middle, I just really wish we were not paying him so much for eating blockers, and while that is important he is being played gamechanger money

19. Many thought he was the best D-linemen out there. He mustve been doing something right when the 1st team was out there, as Tampa only gained 11 yards. In this sysetm..it all starts w/ the NT.

Why is it so hard for some to give D rob any credit?

20. Imagesrdecieving

I watched the entire first half of the game keying specifically on DRob. I rewinded and slo-moed many a play. He played a big portion of the first half(25 mins if I am not mistaken). In that time I can only remember him being double teamed a handful of times. He also slipped and fell many times while he was on the field.

Maybe as an impression thing he didn't come off as that bad. If anyone has a chance to scrutinize the film a little bit feel free to share your findings. In the meantime I'd ask you to trust in what I saw. I'd love to give credit - it just doesn't feel justified after watching his performance.